Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602211 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #2790 on: March 10, 2016, 11:15:50 am »

'My 4-year-old gets jacked up to target shoot,? mom brags hours before he shoots her - http://wpo.st/COVK1

a friend wrote on FB: "Her site is called "gun sense" and from what I know of guns, this makes sense."
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #2791 on: March 10, 2016, 11:47:41 am »
At first I thought I was torn about this one, but then I realized that it's perfect that someone who has a fetish for deadly weapons is a victim of those same weapons. And it sounds like she's a terrible parent, since her 4 year old A) had access to a loaded weapon, and B) wasn't in a car seat. 
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2792 on: March 10, 2016, 12:08:43 pm »
what were you torn about?  perhaps you were more generous of spirit that i am, and you didn't want to mock this person in her time of suffering? 

because for me, this was cut and dry as soon as i read the headline: eff that gun nut.  let see how safe she feels now.  there is no way for ammosexuals to sugar-coat this.  how many times has this person used her guns to actually defend herself?  vs. what real damage has it done to her?  the net result is that her life is worse for it, and she put her child at risk.

maybe it's that last part that gave you pause: the kid could very well have shot himself instead... which happens way, way too often in this country. 
<sig>

walk,on,by

« Reply #2793 on: March 10, 2016, 12:12:04 pm »
Ammo,sexuals.  Nice.

killsaly

« Reply #2794 on: March 10, 2016, 12:13:36 pm »
Last year, Gilt shared a photo of a gun on Twitter that she described as her ?new toy.?

Gilt: "Got to play with my new toy today! Time to clean it!"
Guns are not freaking toys.  You do not PLAY with them.  They are designed to kill.  

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2795 on: March 10, 2016, 01:06:32 pm »
Last year, Gilt shared a photo of a gun on Twitter that she described as her ?new toy.?

Guns are not freaking toys.  You do not PLAY with them.  They are designed to kill.  

Eponysterical!

Yada

« Reply #2796 on: March 10, 2016, 01:08:05 pm »

Eponysterical!

lol

killsaly

« Reply #2797 on: March 10, 2016, 01:39:19 pm »
Do I need to repost the post that is about the origin of my name? 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2798 on: March 10, 2016, 02:44:14 pm »

yes please, i'm drawing a blank.
<sig>

Bagley

« Reply #2799 on: March 10, 2016, 02:55:25 pm »

yes please, i'm drawing a blank.

as well as a brief explanation as to why you think Wilco "are" so terrible

killsaly

« Reply #2800 on: March 10, 2016, 03:03:10 pm »
Their music bores me. 

killsaly

« Reply #2801 on: March 10, 2016, 03:12:58 pm »
From a couple hundred pages back in the Rollcall thread, I am going to copy it instead of quoting it:

hey killsaly . . . i did not mean it as an attack on you.  you know, lets get off subject for a second, and discuss your name, this killsaly . . . who is saly and why do you want to kill her?  im sure im missing the true meaning, but i like mine, as well.  kill saly.

OK.  Here is the story of my moniker.

First off, I do not advocate violence against ANYONE, and especially not women. That being said, this name is one I have been using as my internet handle (and email and video games and message boards and whatever else) since 1996.  But what does it mean, and where does it come from? 

Well, it all came from a misunderstanding.  My cousin Micah used to have a stepfather, aka Steamboat Willy (that wasn?t his name but he was a captain on a barge on the Mississippi River).  He was extremely old to be Micah?s stepfather (Willy was about 30 years older than Micah?s mom) and was very much out of touch.

The 90?s, as I am sure a lot of you remember, was the time of MTV, magazines, and band fan clubs.  One such fan club was the one for Alice in Chains.  The Alice in Chains fan club used to do things like mail out postcards to the members for Christmas.  One Christmas Micah?s Christmas card was intercepted by Steamboat Willy. 

?You got something in the mail Micah,? Steamboat Willy said with a sneer, ?Something from Kill Sally or some shit.?

Micah took his postcard and stored this nugget in the back of his mind, until the next time we saw each other (which wasn?t too far in the future, we were best friends and thick as thieves at that point).   He recalled the story to me and we both had a good laugh. 

During this time I happened to be in my first band, and we were in the midst of picking a name.  I suggested the name, but the other members liked other names.  So I decided to use it as my internet name (Hackers was a big movie around that time and having a unique internet handle seemed like a good idea).  But I wanted something completely unique.  I decided to go with it as one word, all lowercase, and with only one L in Saly (the four L?s of Kill Sally were too much).  So Kill Sally became killsaly. 

I kept using it for everything.  Internet boards, email, and anything that needed a username all had killsaly as my username.  It was in 2004 that I started making electronic music by myself.  And I needed a name.  At that point I decided on two separate names; first, killsaly for the darker music (drum and bass mostly) and second, JJ Dynomite (based on a nickname I had received in the military) for happier music like house.  That lasted for a year or so, until I decided I should focus on one name, so JJ Dynomite went away, and only killsaly was left. 

Fast forward to now.  I still use it for my solo electronic music, but not for the darker music (my witch house stuff is released as Hexenjagd, or witch hunt in German, and I also have a few groups and projects in the pipeline as Campaign Trail 72, Surgeon Mary, Cassius Claymore, and Black Cat Hit Squad) and for remixes (http://killsaly.bandcamp.com/album/classics has a few of the tunes I have made over the years on it). I still use it for message boards and all that.  Basically if you google killsaly, you find me.  BUT, someone in Japan now uses it as well (http://www.killsaly.com/ ) after I let my registration of that site lapse (not thinking ANYONE would want to use it).  I have contacted this person to ask them WHY, but didn?t receive and answer.  And I let it slide, because who cares?

Anyways, that is the origin of the word.  If people ask me about it, I either give them the Steamboat Willy spiel, or just tell them it?s a modification of the Northern Irish word Kilsally (L?s are in a different order) http://www.collinsmaps.com/maps/United-Kingdom/Northern-Ireland/Cookstown/Kilsally/P1110773.00.aspx though i didnt know this place existed until many years later.

The end

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2802 on: March 10, 2016, 03:28:16 pm »
I'm just jaded.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2803 on: March 10, 2016, 03:42:31 pm »
My name is Julian, and my qualifications as a lover of luxury have been verified by respected sources in the field.
LVMH

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2804 on: March 10, 2016, 03:44:37 pm »
LVMH