Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1593667 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #3345 on: July 25, 2016, 03:43:25 pm »
Where is your new job? Have you gotten your employee ID/keycard yet? Want to take a picture of it and upload it here so we can see it?
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3346 on: July 25, 2016, 03:49:53 pm »
Your creepy stalker side is showing.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3347 on: July 25, 2016, 03:57:00 pm »
Your creepy stalker side is showing.
Pardon me for trying to take an interest in something someone else is excited about, Gerald.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 04:01:55 pm by Julian, adjective NOUN »
LVMH

« Reply #3348 on: July 25, 2016, 05:15:43 pm »
Where is your new job? Have you gotten your employee ID/keycard yet? Want to take a picture of it and upload it here so we can see it?
19th and L
close to the gentleman's clubs
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3349 on: July 25, 2016, 05:38:14 pm »
19th and L
close to the gentleman's clubs

we'll practically be neighbors, i'm at 18th and F.  then again, i suspect that a lot of people work in the area...
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3350 on: July 25, 2016, 06:39:21 pm »
Felicitaciones Sidehatch!

Space Freely

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #3352 on: July 26, 2016, 11:10:44 am »
Saw Killsaly at the WWE PPV on Sunday. It was a great time.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3353 on: July 26, 2016, 11:19:53 am »
Woohoo! Yay for the religion of peace! There seems to be a "lone wolf" attacker every day now in Europe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/attackers-slit-french-priests-throat-in-church-shot-dead-by-police/2016/07/26/618a9600-5315-11e6-b7de-dfe509430c39_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_france-622a-stream%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

i did a quick news search and came up with the following non-muslim incidents... you probably haven't heard of most of these.  perhaps we're a little quick to highlight the islam-related occurrences, disproportionately? 

where are all the right-wing apologists to make excuses for the inherent violence of christians?!?  what about asking fundamental questions about in inherent violence of christians (the bible promotes hate!!!) and putting these concerns front and center of each news cycle???
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #3354 on: July 26, 2016, 11:30:32 am »
The Crusades weren't violent  ::)

I guess the main argument would be those aren't "motivated by religion" as opposed to people of that religion who are just violent. But, all muslims who are violent must be radical, no?  ::)
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #3355 on: July 26, 2016, 12:09:41 pm »
what I don't like about Ford is he proposes no solution.. no approach.. its easy to see there is a problem... but like Trump Ford has nothing to offer... just divisive rhetoric...it would be great if we could have a serious debate on this topic but nobody seems to want to do it... on the one side you have people desperate to ignore the problem..and come up with ways to explain it away.. on the other side you have people like Ford and Trump who seems GIDDY.. you can feel the glee with which they bring every single attack/incident/massacre to our attention.. as if we didn't know it had happened.. but its more a  "YOU SEE!!??? I TOLD YOU!!!! I'M RIGHT!!" but what do you propose??? I have some ideas but without anybody to actually engage with on this topic I really don't see any point to throwing them out.. its not as if Ford asks for a solution.. he merely points to the problem.... as usual he behaves like a troll... its sad..

I will just say this.. the Democrats are making a HUGE mistake in wishing the problem go away.. they are ceding the issue to Trump and every time there is some attack be it organized terrorism or some muslim loony Trump will politically profit because many people will perceive him as "tough" merely for pointing out the problem and at least offering an approach no matter how insane it is.....Hillary should offer a 10 point plan while being careful not to make it look like Obama has done anything wrong... a "we are going to expand on Obama's blah blah... ".... but the plan need not single out muslims per se.... 

Yada

« Reply #3356 on: July 26, 2016, 12:14:54 pm »
what I don't like about Ford is he proposes no solution.. no approach.. its easy to see there is a problem... but like Trump Ford has nothing to offer... just divisive rhetoric...it would be great if we could have a serious debate on this topic but nobody seems to want to do it... on the one side you have people desperate to ignore the problem..and come up with ways to explain it away.. on the other side you have people like Ford and Trump who seems GIDDY.. you can feel the glee with which they bring every single attack/incident/massacre to our attention.. as if we didn't know it had happened.. but its more a  "YOU SEE!!??? I TOLD YOU!!!! I'M RIGHT!!" but what do you propose??? I have some ideas but without anybody to actually engage with on this topic I really don't see any point to throwing them out.. its not as if Ford asks for a solution.. he merely points to the problem.... as usual he behaves like a troll... its sad..

I will just say this.. the Democrats are making a HUGE mistake in wishing the problem go away.. they are ceding the issue to Trump and every time there is some attack be it organized terrorism or some muslim loony Trump will politically profit because many people will perceive him as "tough" merely for pointing out the problem and at least offering an approach no matter how insane it is.....Hillary should offer a 10 point plan while being careful not to make it look like Obama has done anything wrong... a "we are going to expand on Obama's blah blah... ".... but the plan need not single out muslims per se.... 

^^not fluent enough to write full paragraphs in spanish!^^

hutch

« Reply #3357 on: July 26, 2016, 12:15:45 pm »

^^not fluent enough to write full paragraphs in spanish!^^

don't tempt me...

« Reply #3358 on: July 26, 2016, 12:22:38 pm »
what I don't like about Ford is he proposes no solution.. no approach.. its easy to see there is a problem... but like Trump Ford has nothing to offer... just divisive rhetoric... 
so what am I missing, who is Ford
not the car company or Gerald?

----ah..space/rhett/Golfer/james ford
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 12:31:18 pm by Sidehatch |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| 🍺 👻 »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3359 on: July 26, 2016, 12:27:15 pm »
Do I seem giddy? I'd say I'm way more sad than giddy.

I think the first step to coming up with a solution is recognizing the problem correctly. Some people want to blame it entirely on gun availability. Others want to blame it entirely on mental illness. Others want to blame it entirely on religion. Others want to blame it all entirely on colonial history. Blah blah blah. When it's really often a combination of all of those.

Believing in a "God" that has no scientific provable reality is probably a sign of mental illness. Some are more mentally ill than others.

Since this mental illness probably is not going to disappear anytime soon, how do we treat it? I think the moderate religion people must do something to reel in the more ill. I'm not sure how this should be done, but it's not my job. It's not Trumps job, and it's not Hillary's job. It's the job of the moderate religious leaders. Actually, in the case of the Muslims, it's the job of the liberal reformers, as outside of the US the "moderate Muslims" are still pretty damn conservative.