Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602294 times)

shemptiness

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #3705 on: December 09, 2016, 08:48:51 pm »
Did anybody have 'piece of the MPP stage floor' on their xmas list?  If so you're in luck!   

walkie,talkie

« Reply #3706 on: December 10, 2016, 12:53:48 am »
Don't you get a special feeling, when you get, new page.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #3707 on: December 10, 2016, 12:55:50 am »
Glenn Beck, now makes sense.

Ok. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3708 on: December 12, 2016, 12:14:54 pm »
Fun fact:  February 22nd, 2022 falls on a Twosday.
Pun aside, this is not purely integer in nature.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3709 on: December 13, 2016, 04:50:35 pm »
For a second there, I thought Graham Nash was playing FSS
https://www.gnash.us/pages/tour
#oldfogey

walkie,talkie

« Reply #3710 on: December 14, 2016, 09:09:11 pm »
What happened, to ratbastard?  I meant to have conversations with him, again, after thinking that in post trump America, it was just best to keep to myself.  People like ratbastard interest me, and also do not interest me, but I am complicated in my desires to relate to other humans, because they are a fas,cinating race of beings.  I don't agree with everything you say but everything you say isn't for me to agree with. 

When you listen to music from when you were growing up, you can reach back into a time when life wasn't so complicated.

« Reply #3711 on: December 15, 2016, 12:01:41 am »
What happened, to ratbastard? 
Im sad to inform you he has passed on.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3712 on: December 15, 2016, 12:15:32 am »
Imagine if you lived in a city where everyone still believed in Santa Claus. Not just the children, but grown, educated adults.

Imagine that they believed that Santa Claus was real, that he was watching us, making his list, checking it twice, with an army of elves to help him keep track of our actions and deeds. If Santa concluded that we were good, he would reward us. If he believed we were bad, we would be punished.

Imagine that these people believed strongly enough in Santa Claus to write to him regularly and ask him for things -- not just the children, but all the adults too. But no one had ever really seen him, or his elves, or his reindeer pulling his sleigh across the sky. They just had faith that he was there.

Imagine that whenever you asked one of them to prove Santa's existence, they responded with, "Well, you can't disprove it." And you knew they were right -- no one can ever really prove that Santa Claus DOESN'T exist.

Imagine that every time you tried to bring up how juvenile and delusional it is for grown, educated adults to believe in Santa and his elves, you were admonished and told to address their belief in Santa with "respect." You were told not to use words like "delusional" or "ridiculous" to describe this unwavering belief of grown adults -- in Santa Claus.

Imagine if a small group of these people were actually ready to kill you if you mocked or questioned the idea of Santa Claus -- or even Rudolph.

Imagine that this belief was being taught in science classes. Or was being used to justify violence, harsh corporal punishments, and war against those who dared to question it -- or worse, against those who believed in the Tooth Fairy instead.

Imagine seeing all of this happen in your city every day. Imagine your Harvard-educated mayor asking for Santa's blessing after every public speech.

Imagine wanting to honestly and openly talk about how mind-blowingly ridiculous it is for a majority of grown adults around you (including many whom you love and otherwise respect) to really, genuinely believe in Santa -- but holding your tongue for fear of being accused of "bigotry" against Santa Claus believers.

Imagine, then, being forced to treat their beliefs with "respect" -- and always having to discuss them as if you're taking them seriously -- when deep inside, you despise these beliefs for their sheer, utter wickedness and stupidity.

THAT'S what it's like.

« Reply #3713 on: December 15, 2016, 12:34:41 am »
Imagine if you lived in a city where everyone still believed in Santa Claus. Not just the children, but grown, educated adults.

Imagine that they believed that Santa Claus was real, that he was watching us, making his list, checking it twice, with an army of elves to help him keep track of our actions and deeds. If Santa concluded that we were good, he would reward us. If he believed we were bad, we would be punished.

Imagine that these people believed strongly enough in Santa Claus to write to him regularly and ask him for things -- not just the children, but all the adults too. But no one had ever really seen him, or his elves, or his reindeer pulling his sleigh across the sky. They just had faith that he was there.

Imagine that whenever you asked one of them to prove Santa's existence, they responded with, "Well, you can't disprove it." And you knew they were right -- no one can ever really prove that Santa Claus DOESN'T exist.

Imagine that every time you tried to bring up how juvenile and delusional it is for grown, educated adults to believe in Santa and his elves, you were admonished and told to address their belief in Santa with "respect." You were told not to use words like "delusional" or "ridiculous" to describe this unwavering belief of grown adults -- in Santa Claus.

Imagine if a small group of these people were actually ready to kill you if you mocked or questioned the idea of Santa Claus -- or even Rudolph.

Imagine that this belief was being taught in science classes. Or was being used to justify violence, harsh corporal punishments, and war against those who dared to question it -- or worse, against those who believed in the Tooth Fairy instead.

Imagine seeing all of this happen in your city every day. Imagine your Harvard-educated mayor asking for Santa's blessing after every public speech.

Imagine wanting to honestly and openly talk about how mind-blowingly ridiculous it is for a majority of grown adults around you (including many whom you love and otherwise respect) to really, genuinely believe in Santa -- but holding your tongue for fear of being accused of "bigotry" against Santa Claus believers.

Imagine, then, being forced to treat their beliefs with "respect" -- and always having to discuss them as if you're taking them seriously -- when deep inside, you despise these beliefs for their sheer, utter wickedness and stupidity.

THAT'S what it's like.

I agree. Fat sympathizers are the worst.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3714 on: December 15, 2016, 04:18:01 am »
First they came for my rockinghorse...

hutch

« Reply #3715 on: December 15, 2016, 09:34:42 am »
boy today is a cold one... first real cold day...i got a reading of 25 but with the blistering wind its harsh

I wonder if sidehatch is biking to work

« Reply #3716 on: December 15, 2016, 09:41:20 am »
boy today is a cold one... first real cold day...i got a reading of 25 but with the blistering wind its harsh

I wonder if sidehatch is biking to work
no freakin way...40 is as low as I go on two wheels
also we have a thread for this :)
slack

Bagley

« Reply #3717 on: December 15, 2016, 12:42:32 pm »
Martin Scorsese-Produced Grateful Dead Documentary Will Finally Premiere At Sundance

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #3718 on: December 15, 2016, 02:40:23 pm »
There should be a whole separate Grateful Dead and Family (and related ephemera) thread.

« Reply #3719 on: December 15, 2016, 02:43:42 pm »
There should be a whole separate Grateful Dead and Family (and related ephemera) thread.
that is an option I wholeheartedly back....as it would be easy for me to never read it  ;D
slack