Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602205 times)

walkie,talkie

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #3855 on: January 06, 2017, 08:04:41 pm »
Every Millennial Across America just responded who gives a f*** as long as there's ecstasy there.

hutch

« Reply #3856 on: January 06, 2017, 08:13:29 pm »
Every Millennial Across America just responded who gives a f*** as long as there's ecstasy there.

inagural DOPOTW Award
(Dead on Post of the Week)

Space Freely

« Reply #3857 on: January 07, 2017, 06:19:53 pm »
Will any of you be celebrating on Friday?

Lee?Jackson Day is a holiday celebrated in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the U.S., for the birthdays of Robert E. Lee and Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson.[1] The original holiday, created in 1889, celebrated Lee's birthday. Jackson's name was added to the holiday in 1904.

In 1983, the holiday was merged with the new Federal holiday, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, as Lee?Jackson?King Day in Virginia. This merger was reversed in 2000.

Lee?Jackson Day is currently observed on the Friday before Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, which is the third Monday in January. Typical events include a wreath-laying ceremony with military honors, a Civil War themed parade, symposia, and a gala ball.[2] State offices are closed for both holidays.[3]

Some localities such as Charlottesville, Richmond, Fairfax, Fredericksburg, Hampton, Lynchburg, and Norfolk, choose not to observe Lee?Jackson Day.[4]

hutch

« Reply #3858 on: January 07, 2017, 06:26:48 pm »
Friday the 13th?

No.. I stay home under the couch on such days...

walkie,talkie

« Reply #3859 on: January 07, 2017, 10:54:43 pm »
My dreams are Giving my consciousness A bad name.

« Reply #3860 on: January 08, 2017, 11:40:23 pm »
Lee?Jackson Day is a holiday celebrated in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the U.S., for the birthdays of Robert E. Lee and Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson.....choose not to observe Lee?Jackson Day.[4]
as an Arlington resident, this holiday will not be observed in the schools. (although we should always observe history... good or bad)

the thing is, I've got to imagine that over 50% of the state's land mass observes that day with reverence (and I'm certain... defiance)
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #3861 on: January 09, 2017, 12:59:49 pm »
You guys need to see Okada vs Omega at WK11

You have to
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #3862 on: January 09, 2017, 01:13:49 pm »
Lee?Jackson Day is a holiday celebrated in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the U.S., for the birthdays of Robert E. Lee and Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson.....choose not to observe Lee?Jackson Day.[4]
as an Arlington resident, this holiday will not be observed in the schools. (although we should always observe history... good or bad)

the thing is, I've got to imagine that over 50% of the state's land mass observes that day with reverence (and I'm certain... defiance)

observing history is one thing.. celebrating Lee and Jackson is another

but the whole Civil War is messed up and we just accept as gospel what we are told... ... if one really thinks about it who really was more at fault? The Union that refused to let the South secede even though that is what they wanted .. or the South who wanted to continue unethically practicing what they had practiced for hundreds of years and for about 70 years with the acquiescence of the North..a North that had benefitted from these practices...

to have such a bloody war to force people to stay in your country who wanted to leave because they want to keep doing what they were doing... doesn't strike me as being particularly virtuous....

of course we could say that my explanation is not entirely true and that the war was more about the expansion of slavery into the new states....the south saw it as necessary but more so as not to be vulnerable to the rest of the nation forcing it to end slavery

or we can say the war was not about slavery at all really and more about economic interests

but the fact remains.. the South wanted to leave the Union and the Union forced it to stay by destroying the South in the bloodiest of wars that the planet had ever witnessed....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3863 on: January 09, 2017, 05:56:42 pm »
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3864 on: January 09, 2017, 06:45:50 pm »
She doesn't look FOUR!

hutch

« Reply #3866 on: January 11, 2017, 06:04:37 pm »