Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1603287 times)

ggw

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #4500 on: February 12, 2018, 04:50:58 pm »
Maybe it's the same dude that cleans Space's office.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4501 on: February 12, 2018, 05:54:03 pm »
His job would be great if it wasn't for the fucking customers.
he wasn't even supposed to be there that day.
‼‼?‼‼

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4502 on: February 12, 2018, 07:16:21 pm »
My now deceased ex-father-in-law used to think he wasn't racist while recounting stories that started: "I was in line behind this colored fella at the post office yesterday..."

Space Freely

« Reply #4503 on: February 12, 2018, 07:31:03 pm »
My now deceased ex-father-in-law used to think he wasn't racist while recounting stories that started: "I was in line behind this colored fella at the post office yesterday..."

Is it also sexist because he identified the person's gender?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #4504 on: February 13, 2018, 08:47:38 am »

Is it also sexist because he identified the person's gender?

in his case, probably.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #4505 on: February 14, 2018, 01:25:40 pm »
can there now ever be a new, never seen before genre of music, that comes along and becomes popular ever again?

dyecraig

« Reply #4506 on: February 14, 2018, 02:23:52 pm »
can there now ever be a new, never seen before genre of music, that comes along and becomes popular ever again?
i've thought about that a lot in my listening life and i think the answer is no, sadly.
offshoots, extensions and genre mashups maybe, but i can't imagine anything entirely and completely new.
newer things mostly remind me of older original things that i'd rather listen to, but there are exceptions.
i would be happy to stand corrected, of course.
and i'll always be searching in the meantime.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4507 on: February 14, 2018, 03:19:48 pm »
Yes, of course. A thousand years from now, we'll have "instruments" we cannot even conceive of technologically at current.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #4508 on: February 20, 2018, 12:28:46 pm »
I flew cross country yesterday. I was dreading it because a last minute booking had landed me a middle seat. I usually prefer aisle because I have to pee so much.

I get to my seat, and the aisle seat and part of my seat are occupied by this fat middle aged white woman. What a piece of work she was. I put down the armrest to claim my full seat, and she stops ladyspreading enough so that I actually can claim my entire seat. Woohoo! But then she puts her arm on the armrest. Dude, don't you know the rule that the middle seat dweller gets the armrests?

Thirty seconds later, she pulls out a case with wipes and offers me one.
"No, I'm good." I reply.
"They're for washing the seatback trays. They don't wash them you know."
"No thanks, I'm still good." I reply.

Then she says to her friend "I'm so full. I don't know if I'll need that salad." Actually lady, it's exactly the salad that you *do* need. Within the hour, she pulls out an Almond Joy Snack Pack and gets a Sprite (at 10:15am) from the beverage cart. I guess she wasn't full after all. The fact that she offered me a wipe and not a handful of Almond Joy Snack Pack mix, well that was a bit of a tearjerker in and of itself.

But I luck out and the window dweller doesn't show, so I move over to the window. I've never flown across the whole country in the winter time, and damn, what a beautiful view of snow covered Mt. Rainier then the snow covered Rockies.

She soon pulls down the middle seat tray (and without washing it), sets up her ipad on it to watch tv. Then she plugs her phone into the middle seat jack, and plops down her water and other belongings into the middle seat (technically MY seat, mind you.) And then proceeds to fall asleep, snoring loudly for two hours. Well she would have slept more but at that point I had to pee so badly that I awoke her from her slumber. I purposely did not drink a drop of liquid for the entire five hour flight but at the three hour mark my old man bladder had had enough.

I also snickered mightily when the person in the middle seat in front of us adjusted his seat and her unattended ipad went flying to the ground.

After getting off  the plane at DCA and (of course) stopping to pee again, I passed her as she slowly lumbered down the hall, loudly complaining to her friend about this and that.

Oh, as it turns out she did need the salad, wolfing it down after I had awakened her.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 12:31:17 pm by Space Freely »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4509 on: February 20, 2018, 12:35:34 pm »
What’s a “middle” seat?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #4510 on: February 20, 2018, 12:36:59 pm »
I flew cross country yesterday. I was dreading it because a last minute booking had landed me a middle seat. I usually prefer aisle because I have to pee so much.

I get to my seat, and the aisle seat and part of my seat are occupied by this fat middle aged white woman. What a piece of work she was. I put down the armrest to claim my full seat, and she stops ladyspreading enough so that I actually can claim my entire seat. Woohoo! But then she puts her arm on the armrest. Dude, don't you know the rule that the middle seat dweller gets the armrests?

Thirty seconds later, she pulls out a case with wipes and offers me one.
"No, I'm good." I reply.
"They're for washing the seatback trays. They don't wash them you know."
"No thanks, I'm still good." I reply.

Then she says to her friend "I'm so full. I don't know if I'll need that salad." Actually lady, it's exactly the salad that you *do* need. Within the hour, she pulls out an Almond Joy Snack Pack and gets a Sprite (at 10:15am) from the beverage cart. I guess she wasn't full after all. The fact that she offered me a wipe and not a handful of Almond Joy Snack Pack mix, well that was a bit of a tearjerker in and of itself.

But I luck out and the window dweller doesn't show, so I move over to the window. I've never flown across the whole country in the winter time, and damn, what a beautiful view of snow covered Mt. Rainier then the snow covered Rockies.

She soon pulls down the middle seat tray (and without washing it), sets up her ipad on it to watch tv. Then she plugs her phone into the middle seat jack, and plops down her water and other belongings into the middle seat (technically MY seat, mind you.) And then proceeds to fall asleep, snoring loudly for two hours. Well she would have slept more but at that point I had to pee so badly that I awoke her from her slumber. I purposely did not drink a drop of liquid for the entire five hour flight but at the three hour mark my old man bladder had had enough.

I also snickered mightily when the person in the middle seat in front of us adjusted his seat and her unattended ipad went flying to the ground.

After getting off  the plane at DCA and (of course) stopping to pee again, I passed her as she slowly lumbered down the hall, loudly complaining to her friend about this and that.

Oh, as it turns out she did need the salad, wolfing it down after I had awakened her.

Space Freely

« Reply #4511 on: February 20, 2018, 12:37:18 pm »
I was in a great little Vietnamese place in Portland called Luc Lac, enjoying my vermicelli, and was surprised that they were playing hip hop that was actually quite good.

Of course I didn't know what it was and turned to my neighbors to ask them if they knew what the music was. (This was the kind of place where you order first and they bring you the food, so you only see the server that once.) And lo and behold, my neighbors were a cute, young, hip BLACK couple (in Portland, how crazy is that?) and the girl was actually singing along to the music (that accompanied the guy rapping.)

But then I felt shy about asking, so I guess I'm never going to know who the artist was.

ggw

« Reply #4512 on: February 20, 2018, 12:39:41 pm »
How many times did you have to pee during your meal?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4513 on: February 20, 2018, 02:14:15 pm »
If you had an actual smartphone, you could just shazam that.

Space Freely

« Reply #4514 on: February 20, 2018, 02:45:31 pm »
How many times did you have to pee during your meal?