Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1603088 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #4965 on: May 06, 2019, 12:39:21 pm »
being the north and all, would have thought Tim Horton's would have been a more appropriate choice

A-
<sig>

« Reply #4966 on: May 06, 2019, 12:46:55 pm »
I know good form would be not to dispute an A-
but the facts don't lie

Although, this chart has some confusing elements to it
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4967 on: May 06, 2019, 01:14:17 pm »
I know good form would be not to dispute an A-
but the facts don't lie

Although, this chart has some confusing elements to it

C-.  your position is unclear: is your claim that you deserve a better grade because north = tim hortons is true?  are you claiming that the grade-giver doesn't believe, or even know, this?

FYI: happy teacher appreciation week, everyone.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #4968 on: May 06, 2019, 01:28:06 pm »
Someone should probably tell Kevin Morby that a good dermatologist could probably remove those moles for him.

« Reply #4969 on: May 06, 2019, 04:47:09 pm »
no rowing experience necessary!
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4970 on: May 06, 2019, 04:52:47 pm »
no rowing experience necessary!

It would be so great if Olivia Jade tried out and actually made the team. Checkmate, Feds!
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #4971 on: May 06, 2019, 07:05:24 pm »
It would be so great if Olivia Jade tried out and actually made the team. Checkmate, Feds!

Don't you think being caught shopping in Ikea after leaving the house is embarrassment enough?  The Feds have done their job.
27>34

« Reply #4972 on: May 07, 2019, 04:07:32 pm »

apparently her name was written 'dandylion' on the cup
being the north and all, would have thought Tim Horton's would have been a more appropriate choice
"The latte that appeared in the episode was a mistake," HBO said. "Daenerys had ordered an herbal tea."
slack

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #4973 on: May 07, 2019, 07:50:18 pm »
I, just spent 12 days touring The Netherlands and Germany.  Then, finished up with 3 days, in Amsterdam.

Wow, Bob, wow.

Man . . . they love drinking Grolsch over there, and everything covered in mayonnaise.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #4974 on: May 07, 2019, 08:03:06 pm »
Also, it was the weirdest thing about the Netherlands. There was no trash anywhere and I mean anywhere.  On the streets, the sidewalks, parking lots, train stations. The majority if not all people I saw were beautiful and so happy all the time.   They recycle everything, they ride bicycles everywhere, they walk everywhere else, and nobody is fat.  And they don't shoot each other.

What an alien, way to live.  Must be, all the pot they smoke. 

hutch

« Reply #4975 on: May 07, 2019, 09:00:08 pm »
Also, it was the weirdest thing about the Netherlands. There was no trash anywhere and I mean anywhere.  On the streets, the sidewalks, parking lots, train stations. The majority if not all people I saw were beautiful and so happy all the time.   They recycle everything, they ride bicycles everywhere, they walk everywhere else, and nobody is fat.  And they don't shoot each other.

I noticed this too...and the beautiful women

My mom is going with my sister in a few days

« Reply #4976 on: May 07, 2019, 09:20:30 pm »
actually it's quite the opposite...it's like going to 'south of the border' on 95 to experience Mexican culture

UNODC data suggests that cannabis is used by 8 per cent of the netherland's population (aged 15-64). The US (16.2 per cent)

They are happy due to the long list of other things you mentioned
No guns and universal health care I'm sure doesn't hurt
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 09:24:05 pm by stollen-hätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

vansmack

« Reply #4977 on: May 08, 2019, 12:33:46 pm »
The two months I lived on a boat in the canals of Amsterdam were probably the greatest two months of my life.  And to put this into perspective, I was loaned out to an NGO who was working on creating the largest online database of tax and fiscal documents in the world, so the work SUCKED.  But the Netherlands was easily the best open society I've ever lived in and would go back in heart beat.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4978 on: May 08, 2019, 05:50:36 pm »
love, love, love the daatch.

i've lost count of how many times i've been to the netherlands - 40? 50?  for several years i worked internationally and i flew almost exclusively KLM, so my typical commute was JFK --> AMS --> wherever the hell the gig was (coincidentally, often in some version of hell).  dunno if it's still the case, but back in the day KLM was really good about allowing stop-overs for no extra cost.  i met an amazing group of dutch friends through music so between gigs i'd go hang out in the outskirts of a'dam.  drinking a fresh witbier by a canal as the sun goes down over the jordaan... *sigh*.

i too would move there in a second, despite the crappy weather.
<sig>

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #4979 on: May 08, 2019, 07:07:13 pm »
jesus, the weather was, awful.  24 hours / 7 days / 365 . . . of 50 degrees.  plus some rain and hail too. and wind.  always, wind. no one, even owns a pair of shorts there.  everyone wears puffy coats. 

and damn dude, they love, and I mean LOVE, old school leather jackets.  I saw an "American fashion" store there.  it sold shirts that said pepsi / easy rider / and mtv.  I, laughed.