Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602780 times)

hutch

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #4995 on: May 23, 2019, 08:06:20 pm »
Come to think of it maybe they always felt that way

« Reply #4996 on: May 28, 2019, 01:39:19 pm »
bad guys are getting crafty
Hidden microphone in RJ45 Cable. Attack detectable only with specialized equipment
@Grupo_Nhs

slack

« Reply #4997 on: June 05, 2019, 10:04:18 am »
Really...the right and its reverse-discrimination bull shit

A group of Boston men is planning a "Straight Pride Parade" as a way of mocking "the identity politics of the left."

What a bunch of dicks, I say drone glitter bombing should be in order
This guy said it well
James Fell
It's official. Boston is going to have a "Straight Pride Parade."

I'm straight. I like being straight. A big reason why I like being straight is that I've never once experienced bigotry for my sexuality. I didn't have to fight for my right to marry the person of my choosing. I didn't have to concern myself with being beaten or killed because others didn't accept who I wanted to sleep with. I didn't have to stay closeted out of fear, or worry about the reaction of my family, friends, or colleagues by coming out.

I never got called a slur for being straight. No one told me I'm going to burn in hell for being straight. There aren't any programs where I could be sent to be tortured into no longer being straight. There aren't any countries where you can be put to death simply for being straight.

There is nothing I ever had to fight for, or struggle against, because I'm straight. And therefore, there isn't any reason to take pride in it. Grateful for the privileges I get? Sure. But pride? I don't see it.

What I do see is that this parade is misnamed. It's not a "Straight Pride Parade."
It should be called a "I'm a homophobic piece of shit" parade.[/i]
slack

vansmack

« Reply #4998 on: June 06, 2019, 08:37:51 pm »
I say drone glitter bombing should be in order

Ignore them.  It's attention that they want.  Fight any realistic policy changes they seek, ignore their public attention grabbing displays.
27>34

« Reply #4999 on: June 07, 2019, 09:07:32 am »

Ignore them.  It's attention that they want.  Fight any realistic policy changes they seek, ignore their public attention grabbing displays.
it's soo hard, but I do agree
the amount of free press they got over this helped their cause more than hurt it

I blame Trump for letting all these factions feel like they need to say "I bigoted, ignorant and proud of that" want to come out in public
and to some degree, I do think the rest of the public and the media should call them out on their hateful displays of backwards thinking

its the pendulum of Obama presidency
I'll let Andrew WK provide an example

I guess the only silver lining is the pendulum will swing back
slack

« Reply #5000 on: June 07, 2019, 11:16:48 am »
so I don't know what band's van this is...but call the Jambulance as I'm having a soul emergency!
slack

« Reply #5001 on: June 07, 2019, 01:26:37 pm »
ok...some feel good news...

the turtles from Rocky (cuff and link) are 44 years old and still in Stallone's care

and apparently they do a cameo in Creed 2
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5002 on: June 07, 2019, 03:43:58 pm »
^ that's oddly reassuring.  nice.
<sig>

« Reply #5003 on: June 08, 2019, 07:27:40 pm »

Does This belong in the onion thread
Milo is supposed to be the grand marshal ?!?
Can’t make this shit up
slack

« Reply #5004 on: June 13, 2019, 11:15:08 am »
NASA researchers literally reinvented the wheel!
https://twitter.com/mashable/status/1138457609311096832?s=21

And in other Random Space news...Private Russian citizen pays $30 mil to go to ISS a decade ago
gives it a 1 star yelp review
"The food is not phenomenal and the personal hygiene facilities are substantially lacking"
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 03:59:23 pm by SideHatch-Act ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #5005 on: June 14, 2019, 11:23:15 am »
slack

« Reply #5006 on: June 20, 2019, 03:41:16 pm »
Young people are growing horns from cellphone use
slack

vansmack

« Reply #5007 on: June 20, 2019, 06:36:30 pm »
Young people are growing horns from cellphone use

“We hypothesize EEOP [enlarged external occipital protuberance] may be linked to sustained aberrant postures associated with the emergence and extensive use of hand-held contemporary technologies, such as smartphones and tablets.”

That's an exact quote from the abstract from the researchers at the University of the Sunshine Coast.

hy·poth·e·sis
/hīˈpäTHəsəs/

noun

a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

So with absolutely no study actually involving cellphones, journo's come up with this headline.  Mind boggling.
27>34

« Reply #5008 on: June 21, 2019, 01:24:22 pm »

Also I knew that article/study was bullshit...but still love it
what a great way to demonize the youth of today!
slack

« Reply #5009 on: June 26, 2019, 10:57:44 am »
slack