Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602373 times)

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6285 on: July 07, 2021, 03:15:20 pm »
Saw my first Trump 2024 sticker

Depressing
wait I thought he was getting back on the job Aug 13th?
slack

Yada

« Reply #6286 on: July 07, 2021, 03:18:36 pm »

Depressing

This somewhat goes in line with your #fatFuck observations from the beach... but I spent a handful of days in western, pa this past week and holy shit... Half the people there at the local fair looked like someone legitimately bathed them in mud, let it harden, and then let them loose into the wild. Additionally, the BMI must've been nearly 50% on nearly 75% of the population while the opiate addiction rates are probably similar.

Trump flags in basically every yard in town (where every house is essentially dilapidated) and trump 2024 banners all over the place. #sad

One highlight was the polish food stand that had epic amounts of kielbasa and pierogis while in the background a pretty killer GnR cover band called Yinz and Roses played. 

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #6287 on: July 07, 2021, 03:25:43 pm »

Depressing

This somewhat goes in line with your #fatFuck observations from the beach... but I spent a handful of days in western, pa this past week and holy shit... Half the people there at the local fair looked like someone legitimately bathed them in mud, let it harden, and then let them loose into the wild. Additionally, the BMI must've been nearly 50% on nearly 75% of the population while the opiate addiction rates are probably similar.

Trump flags in basically every yard in town (where every house is essentially dilapidated) and trump 2024 banners all over the place. #sad

One highlight was the polish food stand that had epic amounts of kielbasa and pierogis while in the background a pretty killer GnR cover band called Yinz and Roses played.

Plz instagram story some yinz/roses. thanks.

Yada

« Reply #6288 on: July 07, 2021, 03:36:47 pm »

Depressing

Plz instagram story some yinz/roses. thanks.

Ask and ye shall receive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ6f-WygyEo/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

« Reply #6289 on: July 07, 2021, 05:20:47 pm »

I noticed this too, house is falling apart (maybe because they rent and have been protected by the eviction freeze), but they spent $$ on some giant trump banners

I wonder what happens to these voters when Trump isn't on the ticket or around, I just don't see them warming up to the GOP...I just see them not voting
People who hated politics and politicians LOVE trump and want to give him their first born...dangerous IMO
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 05:23:07 pm by SlowReactionForce-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #6290 on: July 07, 2021, 06:10:06 pm »
Huh? Trump is running in 2024 and will easily sow up Republican nomination

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6291 on: July 07, 2021, 07:05:31 pm »
Huh? Trump is running in 2024 and will easily sow up Republican nomination

i'm pinning my hope that the orange tub of cheese-fat will have a heart attack, or some other medical issue, between now and then.  trump himself said that he would run in 2024 as long as his health permitted it.  even he recognizes that a life of KFC and hamburgers can pose certainly limitations at a certain age...
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #6292 on: July 07, 2021, 07:33:48 pm »
Uh dude his parents lived to be 93 and 88! He is what 74?! Actually just turned 75

Trust me he couldn’t care less how his poor health affects the country

He will run forever because it’s a grift  operation… a scam…he doesn’t have to win to funnel hundreds of millions of dollars to himself… and contrary to popular opinion he is not a billionaire

Sure if he is incapacitated by a heart attack or stroke he won’t run but is that really going to happen?

The only thing that might stop him- realistically- is if loses the support of his base but we know that’s very unlikely

Or if he ends up in jail which I see as unlikely… even in that case he would tell people to vote for Jr

Our only hope is Biden is an effective president and is lucky but Trump isn’t going anywhere

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6293 on: July 07, 2021, 07:56:06 pm »
Uh dude his parents lived to be 93 and 88! He is what 74?! Actually just turned 75

they also weren't as unhealthy as donald is.  fred trump was stick-thin.  trump is a walking orange-hued lump of bacon fat.

Trust me he couldn’t care less how his poor health affects the country

correct, he only cares about himself.  but if himself isn't going to look good because of his health, or would otherwise spend his time differently should his health decline, then a run for 1600 could be out...

He will run forever because it’s a grift  operation… a scam…he doesn’t have to win to funnel hundreds of millions of dollars to himself… and contrary to popular opinion he is not a billionaire

i think that opinion is only popular among his followers.  the rest of the country knows damn well is isn't nearly as rich as he pretends to be (another trick of his: he counts only assets and not the associated debt.)

Sure if he is incapacitated by a heart attack or stroke he won’t run but is that really going to happen?

if you look up the actuarial tables for risk of medical incidents for a morbidly obese, non-exercising 75 year old then yeah, there is a very good chance it could happen.

The only thing that might stop him- realistically- is if loses the support of his base but we know that’s very unlikely

agreed

Or if he ends up in jail which I see as unlikely… even in that case he would tell people to vote for Jr

here's the crazy thing: he can run for president from jail.  there is nothing in the constitution about convicts not being able to run.  his followers are stupid enough to vote for him even if he's in jail.  but practically, it would ruin his chances: his 30-35% base of support would vote for him, but very very few other people also would.  he wouldn't break 40% of the popular vote.

Our only hope is Biden is an effective president and is lucky but Trump isn’t going anywhere

go old white man, beat the other old white man again!!!
<sig>

« Reply #6294 on: July 07, 2021, 10:07:47 pm »

agreed

here's the crazy thing: he can run for president from jail.  there is nothing in the constitution about convicts not being able to run.  his followers are stupid enough to vote for him even if he's in jail.  but practically, it would ruin his chances: his 30-35% base of support would vote for him, but very very few other people also would.  he wouldn't break 40% of the popular vote.
JR can’t hold the mantle at all, yes a large portion of that MAGA base will. Vote for any trump
But I don’t think JR has one tenth of the cult of personality his dad has

It would be the destruction of the GOP (I sadly feel like I have said this too much and not once been true)
slack

Starsky

« Reply #6295 on: July 07, 2021, 10:48:38 pm »
I feel like you guys aren’t seeing the big picture. You are trying to analyze the situation as if Trump is operating within our democratic process and therefore needs to “win”…as if there are rules… and implicitly assuming military or police force will control the mob and maintain order. They may just look the other way…

I am increasingly worried.

If his base is with him - and they will vote for whoever Trump tells them to- Trump or his stand-in don’t even have to win. These are authoritarians…violent, angry, and armed with little to lose - not people who respect the constitution- and just because the coup failed doesn’t mean they won’t try again. In fact I think they are emboldened…nothing much has really happened in the wake of January 6. They are chomping at the bit to try again. I bet you they are organizing right now.

And this has nothing to do with the GOP. There is no GOP left. There is a Trump popular movement that has completely co-opted and taken over the GOP.

Biden must be very successful and lucky.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 10:53:24 pm by Starsky »

« Reply #6296 on: July 08, 2021, 02:56:58 pm »
I'm going to start referring to the former guy as a twice-impeached Florida retiree or TIFR
slack

« Reply #6297 on: July 08, 2021, 03:08:16 pm »
toyota reverses plan to donate to those who support sedition

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/toyota-halting-contributions-u-lawmakers-184352529.html

I think Hutch's tweet was the tipping point
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 03:16:33 pm by SlowReactionForce-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #6298 on: July 08, 2021, 05:09:19 pm »
Have you heard the Mats outtake from Tim: you ain't nothing but a Nazi of the sky.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 05:27:38 pm by SlowReactionForce-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Yada

« Reply #6299 on: July 08, 2021, 07:20:42 pm »
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4101-S-Dakota-Ave-NE-Washington-DC-20017/2069789508_zpid/

Sidefi,  any financial tips on how to make this work for your portfolio?