Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602873 times)

vansmack

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6360 on: July 30, 2021, 03:17:13 pm »
We did this, but wound up cancelling before it paid off.  Then we bought an eero mesh system and stuck the router on the shelf in the basement.

Sorry, I should not have just used the word router (though one could argue that at least one of the mesh devices serves as a router, the others are just access points).  Yes, buy a modem and router or if your place is large, a wifi mesh system.
27>34

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6361 on: July 30, 2021, 03:28:55 pm »
Meh. The confusion is probably mine. We have one of those quantum gateway things. I don't know if it modulates, demodulates or routes, but it is definitely gathering dust.

vansmack

« Reply #6362 on: July 30, 2021, 03:43:16 pm »
Meh. The confusion is probably mine. We have one of those quantum gateway things. I don't know if it modulates, demodulates or routes, but it is definitely gathering dust.

Oh yeah, I see.  I buy my modems and routers separately as the modem should last longer than the router as modem technology develops much slower than WiFi technology.
27>34

Starsky

« Reply #6363 on: August 02, 2021, 08:20:28 am »
I demand more excitement from this board this week

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6364 on: August 02, 2021, 09:08:02 am »
Ok…I’m enjoying the Van Weezer album, it’s great to stream when picking up carry out on a Friday
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6365 on: August 03, 2021, 09:18:30 am »
I'm always really hesitant to get outdoor tickets for concerts in August but it appears like things are going to be spot-on weather/temperature-wise for Bright Eyes and Lucy Dacus in Charlottesville tonite. Dinner at Tavola as well should make this a quality use of half a PTO day.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 09:44:05 am by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #6366 on: August 03, 2021, 09:41:51 am »
Nice! Boardies ramping’ up!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6367 on: August 03, 2021, 09:52:08 am »
I'm always really hesitant to get outdoor tickets for concerts in August but it appears like things are going to be spot-on weather/temperature-wise for Bright Eyes and Lucy Dacus in Charlottesville tonite. Dinner at Tavola as well should make this a quality use of half a PTO day.

Make sure your timesheet is correct, sir.

« Reply #6368 on: August 03, 2021, 09:53:58 am »

I, like virtually every other salaried employee on Earth, am not filling out a timesheet.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #6369 on: August 03, 2021, 10:05:16 am »
I'm admittedly surprised Jules has to request PTO.

« Reply #6370 on: August 03, 2021, 10:11:34 am »
I'm admittedly surprised Jules has to request PTO.
While I get 5 weeks of PTO which is atypical (for this country anyway), my workplace is not Lord of the Flies and I do need to tell people when I am not coming in so they don't think I'm dying on the side of the road somewhere when they can't find me.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6371 on: August 03, 2021, 12:10:05 pm »
I do need to tell people when I am not coming in so they don't think I'm dying on the side of the road somewhere when they can't find me.

indeed, wouldn't want to foster such false hopes.
<sig>

« Reply #6372 on: August 03, 2021, 12:21:12 pm »
I do need to tell people when I am not coming in so they don't think I'm dying on the side of the road somewhere when they can't find me.

indeed, wouldn't want to foster such false hopes.
Savage.
LVMH

« Reply #6373 on: August 03, 2021, 12:36:42 pm »

I, like virtually every other salaried employee on Earth, am not filling out a timesheet.
I'm salaried and fill out time sheets everyday...so we can bill the clients
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6374 on: August 03, 2021, 12:43:05 pm »
I'm salaried and fill out time sheets everyday...so we can bill the clients

same.  well, not daily - i have to log my hours once a week in one system, and separately twice a month in another system, and i have to use yet a third to track PTO. 

don't nobody know my troubles but god... and two different HR dept.
<sig>