Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602907 times)

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6390 on: August 06, 2021, 04:53:07 pm »
the bunnies ate all my lettuce, I think the squirrels and chipmunks ate my corn and cherry tomatoes
I need to have an armed guard at my meager garden in arlington
I also let the green beans die on the vine

Kale did ok and have a bunch of onions to harvest

I've had very little gardening success over the years
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #6391 on: August 06, 2021, 05:20:24 pm »
Anyone here live in Baltimore? If so, which neighborhood?

Considering a move. Did think about DC but the shows are always better up there.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #6392 on: August 06, 2021, 06:19:44 pm »
Anyone here live in Baltimore? If so, which neighborhood?

Considering a move. Did think about DC but the shows are always better up there.

We are in Baltimore County, but have friends/family in Mount Vernon, Canton, Patterson Park, Roland Park. What areas are you considering?

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #6393 on: August 07, 2021, 07:47:13 am »
Canton, Fells, Locust Point. Thats' it.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #6394 on: August 08, 2021, 11:58:42 am »
Canton, Fells, Locust Point. Thats' it.

I like Canton. Good bars and restaurants, and convenient shopping. You can come and go from Fells and Harbor East easily. Close to the highway for trips north and south. When WTMD does shows again at the waterfront park, that's a fun time.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6395 on: August 08, 2021, 04:43:44 pm »
We are at 186 cucumbers, 23 zucchini, 3 eggplant, many hundreds of cherry tomatoes, many dozens of slicing tomatoes, and a handful of snowpeas. total of 125 pounds of produce so far this farming season. Anyone else growing veggies?

186 cukes?!?  jeebus.  better start pickling.

we're limited what we can grow here due to the wildlife.  anything left accessible to animals will be decimated overnight.  despite this, we're managing: asparagus, several kinds of tomatoes, salad greens, snow peas, green beans, garlic, carrots, rhubarb, kale, and potatoes.  we don't bother counting/weighing our agricultural output...  we have a raspberry patch but have given up on defending it so we don't get anything.  we are surrounded by more wild blackberries than we know what to do with.  i have two sour cherry trees that are limping along for a third year now, they're clearly not happy here and i'm afraid they may never produce.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6396 on: August 09, 2021, 01:46:49 pm »
So I watched this show on NatGeo that featured an appearance of The Suffers, which turned out to be a soft sell for Texas Tourism.  I'm was thinking Texas sure  does have some interesting places to visit, but it with Florida are currently on the top of my list of places I have no desire ever to set foot in.  And it's not just the absolute bungling of the COVID response either... I feel no need to spend dollars in any state where the QOP is loosening gun laws, stomping on voter rights, lather rinse repeat..
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #6397 on: August 09, 2021, 01:51:24 pm »
So I watched this show on NatGeo that featured an appearance of The Suffers, which turned out to be a soft sell for Texas Tourism.  I'm was thinking Texas sure  does have some interesting places to visit, but it with Florida are currently on the top of my list of places I have no desire ever to set foot in.  And it's not just the absolute bungling of the COVID response either... I feel no need to spend dollars in any state where the QOP is loosening gun laws, stomping on voter rights, lather rinse repeat..

I'm with you on Texas and Florida. I would visit Montana, Utah, or Wyoming.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #6398 on: August 09, 2021, 06:01:25 pm »
Love Florida and Texas.  It's a shame that the people who live there that largely suck.

« Reply #6399 on: August 10, 2021, 02:11:16 pm »
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #6400 on: August 10, 2021, 04:28:26 pm »
We are at 186 cucumbers, 23 zucchini, 3 eggplant, many hundreds of cherry tomatoes, many dozens of slicing tomatoes, and a handful of snowpeas. total of 125 pounds of produce so far this farming season. Anyone else growing veggies?

186 cukes?!?  jeebus.  better start pickling.

we're limited what we can grow here due to the wildlife.  anything left accessible to animals will be decimated overnight.  despite this, we're managing: asparagus, several kinds of tomatoes, salad greens, snow peas, green beans, garlic, carrots, rhubarb, kale, and potatoes.  we don't bother counting/weighing our agricultural output...  we have a raspberry patch but have given up on defending it so we don't get anything.  we are surrounded by more wild blackberries than we know what to do with.  i have two sour cherry trees that are limping along for a third year now, they're clearly not happy here and i'm afraid they may never produce.

We are now at 205 cuckes, and 132 pounds of produce in total.
I have pickled around 150 or so of them.
We have made better friends with the neighbors who we force to take our produce.
We have gotten blackberries in trade, and the some tasty indian food as well.
Weighing the produce is a bit we are doing to see how much the cheap vegetables are costing us. Our costs of set up are around $1100. So, we are or so $$/pound for vegetables we could have bought for SO Much less.

Invest in a fence.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6401 on: August 11, 2021, 07:53:16 am »
so at a future The Cure or The Vaccines show if they ask me for my ticket will this be a HIPPA violation?  asking for a friend...
T.Rex

« Reply #6402 on: August 11, 2021, 07:55:28 am »
so at a future The Cure or The Vaccines show if they ask me for my ticket will this be a HIPPA violation?  asking for a friend...
I heard Ian Astbury is going back to the original band name to capitalize on an underserved audience: Southern Death Cult
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6403 on: August 11, 2021, 10:18:23 am »
I heard Ian Astbury is going back to the original band name to capitalize on an underserved audience: Southern Death Cult

well he'll have to go on tour with Lynyrd Skynyrd and Blackberry Smoke.  Both bands had to cancel dates at the last minute due to positive Covid test results for band members

and little wonder why Jason Isbell is pushing so hard for venues to ensure people are vaxxed, etc...
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6404 on: August 16, 2021, 05:51:44 pm »
😐 🎶