Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1627887 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6840 on: May 26, 2022, 03:33:47 pm »
So I cancelled and Airbnb rental today online. It asked me for a reason, and I simply typed "We decided the stay somewhere else."

But I had to contact Airbnb, because the refund is scheduled to go to a credit card we no longer have. When on the phone with "J" from Airbnb, she referenced the recept, which I myself brought up at the same time.

Turns out I mistyped. Instead of typing "stay" I typed "shat".

And in case anyone cares:
To get the refuund on teh new card with the new number, you have to work it out with your bank. Airbnb can only refund to the original card number.

Also, if you have parital remaning payments on other Airbnb bookings, you can't manually change the payment card until you get a payment link email three days before the due date.
Another AirBNB peccadillo — you cannot make a remaining payment with an AirBNB gift card. It’s all upfront or nothing.
LVMH

« Reply #6841 on: June 07, 2022, 08:03:22 am »
I guess taking a page from Drunk History...we now have
Drunk Shakespeare
The Sage Theatre / Drafthouse Comedy Theater - Washington, DC
(this is new? any one heard of this venue before? hard to find deets but apparently associated with Arl Cin Draft house?  I feel like I have seen people queueing up in front of this venue in the past and was curious)

You are cordially invited to a meeting of The Drunk Shakespeare Society. In a hidden speakeasy, five classically-trained actors assemble for their sacred ritual. One actor takes five shots of whiskey and then attempts to perform a major role in a Shakespeare play. Hilarity and mayhem ensue as the remaining sober actors attempt to keep the play on track. Every night is different depending on who’s drinking … and what they’re drinking! Drunk Shakespeare is a New York Times’ Critics Pick and “the best thing to ever happen to the theater” according to Slate Magazine. Craft cocktails are served throughout the show.

ok now I'm even more confused as it closed in 2020?
https://www.popville.com/2020/12/drafthouse-comedy-dc-closed/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 08:07:28 am by ScooterHatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6842 on: June 07, 2022, 05:28:51 pm »
You are cordially invited to a meeting of The Drunk Shakespeare Society. In a hidden speakeasy, five classically-trained actors assemble for their sacred ritual. One actor takes five shots of whiskey and then attempts to perform a major role in a Shakespeare play. Hilarity and mayhem ensue as the remaining sober actors attempt to keep the play on track. Every night is different depending on who’s drinking … and what they’re drinking! Drunk Shakespeare is a New York Times’ Critics Pick and “the best thing to ever happen to the theater” according to Slate Magazine.

something similar to this toured through my town recently called "The Dope Show".  comedians perform one set, and then attempt a second one once they've been hauled outside and made to light up.  apparently they don't go easy on them, they hit them with the strong stuff.  i didn't make it but i could see this being very hit or miss: some folks are probably hilarious while stoned, while others become boring/paranoid/introverted/sleepy/etc...i'm lucky that i live in one of the limited number of states where they can (semi-)legally do this. 
<sig>

« Reply #6843 on: June 08, 2022, 04:47:24 pm »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

« Reply #6845 on: June 09, 2022, 02:37:52 pm »
I never knew the DMV had it's own version of the onion: The Takoma Torch

Takoma Park and the DC region's ONLY humor source. Satirical local and national news. Enjoy a good laugh whenever we feel like it.
takomatorch.com
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #6847 on: June 09, 2022, 02:45:31 pm »
I have seen that list….that was peak Radiohead popularity

« Reply #6848 on: June 09, 2022, 03:05:33 pm »
with a guest list like that, who actually paid to see the show
that's like over 200 'guests'
interesting all those people/bands were in NY in one night
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6849 on: June 09, 2022, 04:47:02 pm »
that's like over 200 'guests''

i take it you've never been there, so i'll help you out: irving plaza holds more than 200 people.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6850 on: June 09, 2022, 04:51:12 pm »
I see they left Dave Grohl behind as the designated survivor.

« Reply #6851 on: June 09, 2022, 05:04:54 pm »
that's like over 200 'guests''

i take it you've never been there, so i'll help you out: irving plaza holds more than 200 people.
I was being a little facetious, but the capacity is only 1200...
so possibly over 15% of the audience....still seems like a lot for a small venue
slack

« Reply #6852 on: June 10, 2022, 02:45:52 pm »
damn, I don't remember when Linda wanted to be Bowie??

looking a little spaced out here too
slack

vansmack

« Reply #6853 on: June 10, 2022, 03:01:17 pm »
27>34

Starsky

« Reply #6854 on: June 10, 2022, 03:42:15 pm »
Don’t remind me