Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602266 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6855 on: June 10, 2022, 04:05:40 pm »
Back door guest list for Radiohead’s concert at NYC’s Irving Plaza 25 years ago today

uhh... wow.

The post TIbetan 9:30 Club show was better and so was the guest list.

throw in a "i got in for free", and you have the perfect Space post!
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #6856 on: June 11, 2022, 03:11:34 pm »
It’s here

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6857 on: June 21, 2022, 03:20:25 pm »
I have a feeling it's gonna be a long day.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6858 on: June 21, 2022, 05:05:20 pm »
^ lol
<sig>

« Reply #6859 on: June 22, 2022, 04:59:08 pm »
should we start referring to yada by his real name Fred?
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6860 on: June 24, 2022, 08:49:28 am »
https://www.facebook.com/75277695434/posts/pfbid0nAhbCb85jKN4UCPY3KhjWnfrc5qX5RK8kkdeWJjJpzLN12iyFghG34TSwRR5C7yWl/?d=n

Hopefully this link works… shenanigans afoot in the baking contest at county fair

Be sure to skim the comments
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6861 on: June 24, 2022, 09:37:14 am »
"I saw Linda Skeens drinking a pińa colada at Trader Vic's. And her hair was perfect. "

Starsky

Space Freely

« Reply #6863 on: June 25, 2022, 09:35:00 am »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KLODGhEyLvk&list=RDSgjGwOByays&start_radio=1

Thanks for that.

I'd say about 95% of comedians don't make me laugh. I start thinking perhaps I lack a sense of humor. Then I listen to Carlin, and I laugh many times. I'm not sure what my point is. Carlin will definitely always bne one of the GOATS.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #6864 on: June 25, 2022, 11:45:29 am »
that is very ironic as you seem to make 95% of this board laugh 97% of the time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KLODGhEyLvk&list=RDSgjGwOByays&start_radio=1

Thanks for that.

I'd say about 95% of comedians don't make me laugh. I start thinking perhaps I lack a sense of humor. Then I listen to Carlin, and I laugh many times. I'm not sure what my point is. Carlin will definitely always bne one of the GOATS.

GAY,GUY

« Reply #6865 on: June 25, 2022, 12:43:46 pm »
I wish people, would spell out, greatest of all time, when speaking in words. It's a nice statement to just say, instead of goat.  Who wants to be, a goat?

Starsky

« Reply #6866 on: June 25, 2022, 12:56:14 pm »
I call Carlin a comedian but in many ways he was so much more…It’s kind of revolting to give him the same job title as say Ron White. I had the honor of seeing and hearing Carlin once just around the same time this clip is from… I was volunteer ushering at the Warner Theatre and once you helped seat everyone you could see the show… Anyways it was the only time I saw him - I don’t really do comedy shows-and I wasn’t that familiar with him other than him being a cranky old man in Dogma and also I think in the 90s he had some sitcom on TV…. In any case saw him about 2005 and he was so sharp, incisive and impressive…(I think him and Gore Vidal are my favorite observers of this at times infuriating country. Miss them both.. I think they would have seen the Trump years as the crystallization of their lifetime of social and cultural observation. I don’t think it would have made Carlin happy but Gore probably would have felt vindicated and….happy.)

A couple of years after seein Carlin at the Warner I swear to god he ran by me on the street in a tracksuit around 15th and N NW about a block from where I lived about four in the afternoon. I think it was a few months before he died of yet another heart attack… my theory was he was staying at a hotel nearby while performing his last shows at the Warner but I never researched any of this so maybe I made it all up. I know I already wrote this on this board but am writing it again as a way to remember it.

I think Carlin saw and understood the US as it really is as opposed to how we are socialized, conditioned and, frankly, brainwashed into seeing it…as opposed to how we want - no - need to see it to not go insane….because this place is a little crazy. We want to believe we matter and our life has purpose and hope
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 12:58:51 pm by Starsky »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6867 on: June 28, 2022, 02:31:49 pm »
Oh, Sheetz!

Sheetz to drop gas prices through end of Independence Day travel

Too bad for me that they're nowhere nearby. Your move, Wawa.
😐 🎶

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6868 on: June 28, 2022, 02:43:43 pm »
I found it super difficult to determine if my two vehicles can even use this gas. Very contradictory info.
LVMH

GAY,GUY

« Reply #6869 on: June 28, 2022, 02:48:25 pm »
It's cheaper, because of the water.