Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602021 times)

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6870 on: June 28, 2022, 03:04:48 pm »
I found it super difficult to determine if my two vehicles can even use this gas. Very contradictory info.
dang, cheap gas is by you in St Petersberg...stations listing $4.10 in gasbuddy.

but that's for e85 regular

specs for Bentley say premium gas only
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6871 on: June 28, 2022, 04:11:15 pm »
You're revealing a great lack of knowledge of central VA geography if you think I live by Petersburg. That's like 45 minutes.
LVMH

« Reply #6872 on: June 28, 2022, 05:02:18 pm »
You're revealing a great lack of knowledge of central VA geography if you think I live by Petersburg. That's like 45 minutes.
anything out side the belt way is drive thru country...so you can see how I might make that mistake
zoome out looked somewhat close to richmond on the south side
stil at 4:10, almost worth a 45 min drive
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6873 on: June 29, 2022, 08:45:42 pm »
Your tickets to Metric - The Doomscroller Tour | Oct 22 2022 include free Virtual Commemorative Tickets, unique digital collectibles that are your very own piece of concert history.

Virtual Commemorative Tickets are not valid for entry to the show.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6874 on: June 30, 2022, 12:24:48 am »
WTF?

you mean they bestowed upon you a PDF of what an actual, physical ticket might look like?!?

i was just thinking about physical tickets... i have a big pile of ticket stubs from my concert-going hayday.  i always made a point of saving them, and in cases where i had a PDF print-out i'd seek out an actual stub.  does anyone still issue physical tickets?  last 3-4 shows i've attended were phone/app only. 
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #6875 on: June 30, 2022, 08:40:41 am »
WTF?

you mean they bestowed upon you a PDF of what an actual, physical ticket might look like?!?

i was just thinking about physical tickets... i have a big pile of ticket stubs from my concert-going hayday.  i always made a point of saving them, and in cases where i had a PDF print-out i'd seek out an actual stub.  does anyone still issue physical tickets?  last 3-4 shows i've attended were phone/app only.

The last phish show I attended were electronic tickets but you could check a box to get a cool stub mailed to you post show.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HFVcBVRvv2tbkhYm7

However, the date isn't actually correct as the shows were postponed from New Years due to covid to be moved to April to create a super spreader event.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:44:57 am by Yada »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6876 on: June 30, 2022, 10:06:08 am »
WTF?

It looks more like a backstage pass, but yeah, essentially it's an NFT picture of a ticket.

I have the same shoebox of 35+ years of seeing concerts. Every once in a while, I get some energy about trying to find a storage / display solution, but there they are, still in the shoebox.

« Reply #6877 on: June 30, 2022, 10:57:18 am »
I get some energy about trying to find a storage / display solution, but there they are, still in the shoebox.
let me know what you come up with, been thinking the same thing
I have a virginia peanuts tin that I have mine in, has a nice patina on it now
slack

Yada

« Reply #6878 on: June 30, 2022, 11:58:15 am »
I get some energy about trying to find a storage / display solution, but there they are, still in the shoebox.

Keep me abreast of your plans as well. It's been on my to do list since 1995.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #6879 on: June 30, 2022, 12:24:40 pm »
Here's a bunch of ideas. None really resonate, though I do like the idea of the glass top coffee table (or possibly the lamp). The slightly disorganized display makes it seem a bit like a treasure hunt, while the "front and faced" look of a poster has less visual interest.

Also, the drum? Ummm, no.

https://www.pinterest.com/vividseats/what-to-do-with-ticket-stubs/

« Reply #6880 on: June 30, 2022, 12:31:28 pm »
this is a neat idea for lanyards and wrist bands

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6881 on: June 30, 2022, 12:37:35 pm »

Keep me abreast of your plans as well. It's been on my to do list since 1995.

blast from the past:

<sig>

« Reply #6882 on: July 01, 2022, 07:27:44 am »
Odd…
Virginia’s longtime ban on switchblades will end
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6883 on: July 01, 2022, 09:09:46 am »
Crossing posting to Great Headlines Threas

Grin and bare it: the unexpected rise of crotchless trousers

Bum-baring chaps have quietly bridged the gap from cowboy films to catwalks and festivals

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2022/jul/01/grin-and-bare-it-the-unexpected-rise-of-crotchless-trousers

update

Etsy even has a “festival chaps” section
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 09:22:23 am by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

Starsky