Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1604940 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6885 on: July 02, 2022, 11:18:34 am »
This is an honest question.  I've been lucky enough to have health insurance through my employers, and even when I was self employed.  I understand not everyone has that ability.  I agree the cost of medical procedures and medicines are ridiculous in this country. But isn't Obamacare available for people who need medical coverage and it is available at a fairly affordable fee?  Is there still a huge deductible that needs to be paid?  Just wondering how people get stuck with these high medical expenses.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-greg-norton-cover-his-cancer-treatment

« Reply #6886 on: July 02, 2022, 12:28:53 pm »
obamacare is good if you are under 50K a year in income, but the plans you get are not great
while it covers stuff, there are tons of things they don't cover
and the plans do have a high deductible and typically only offer % of the medical procedure

so even with it...you may not have a $100k bill, but still could be on the hook for $20k after something like major surgery/hospital stay

Plus you still have to sign up for it...there are millions who don't even do that

I've got decent insurance and dental...having a tooth extracted, post and new crown...going to cost me close to $6k out of pocket!

I can't believe we allowed the GQP to convince Americans that universal/single payer health care would be the death of society
instead we got a system that still is a giant windfall for Insurance companies and pharma...but most Americans are getting crushed by heathcare costs
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 12:34:02 pm by I am the Cuttlefish ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

GAY,GUY

« Reply #6887 on: July 02, 2022, 12:42:17 pm »
I am pretty sure, that I am the only human, that loves my ObamaCare!  Saved my butt plenty of, times.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #6888 on: July 02, 2022, 01:25:59 pm »
Thanks.  I figured the deductible was probably quite high, and thus could explain the gofundme page.

obamacare is good if you are under 50K a year in income, but the plans you get are not great
while it covers stuff, there are tons of things they don't cover
and the plans do have a high deductible and typically only offer % of the medical procedure

so even with it...you may not have a $100k bill, but still could be on the hook for $20k after something like major surgery/hospital stay

Plus you still have to sign up for it...there are millions who don't even do that

I've got decent insurance and dental...having a tooth extracted, post and new crown...going to cost me close to $6k out of pocket!

I can't believe we allowed the GQP to convince Americans that universal/single payer health care would be the death of society
instead we got a system that still is a giant windfall for Insurance companies and pharma...but most Americans are getting crushed by heathcare costs

« Reply #6889 on: July 05, 2022, 10:13:17 am »
Wyclef Jean on Fugees reunion tour: “We’re the hip-hop Grateful Dead”

This tracks, I totally see where he is going on this
slack

Space Freely

GAY,GUY

« Reply #6891 on: July 08, 2022, 08:48:21 am »
I hate boycotting.  Looking at you, potato rolls and fag hating chicken.  But, fuck Mortons; would it have killed you, to keep your mouth shut about what happened.

You need to fire who ever put out that "right to eat" statement.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6892 on: July 08, 2022, 09:10:50 am »
I don't quite understand the calls to boycott groceries as wouldn't the only way that would be effective is for the stores banding together and stop stocking that item?  Because presumably by the time it hits the shelves the company would have been paid and they only entity one is hurting by not buying a product would be the store.  But, I'm no armchair expert on consumer goods, so I'm probably talking out my ass on this one...

but we certainly like to talk about boycotts that i know  ;D
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6893 on: July 08, 2022, 03:04:16 pm »
A WTF QOP thread would be interesting  but equally depressing at the same time, so I’ll just drop this here

In North Carolina, House Bill 1049 "would allocate $50,000 to destroy free public car chargers ... if a town refuses to build free gas and diesel pumps next to the EV chargers

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40543385/north-carolina-wants-remove-free-public-ev-chargers/
T.Rex

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #6894 on: July 08, 2022, 03:16:48 pm »
How would that even be legal if the EV chargers are on private property?

A WTF QOP thread would be interesting  but equally depressing at the same time, so I’ll just drop this here

In North Carolina, House Bill 1049 "would allocate $50,000 to destroy free public car chargers ... if a town refuses to build free gas and diesel pumps next to the EV chargers

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40543385/north-carolina-wants-remove-free-public-ev-chargers/

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6895 on: July 08, 2022, 03:18:24 pm »
Also further down that article there is some provision in that bill where it would require a restaurant that provides free charging to include this

House Bill 1049 decrees that all customer receipts will have to show what share of the bill went toward the charger out in the lot

Oh and the Georgia of the North Ohio has a bill that will require the teaching of both sides of the Holocaust

One last tidbit in Arizona the Mississippi of the west…

Citizen Police Oversight boards will now consist of Police and you can’t film police within 8 feet
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6896 on: July 08, 2022, 03:19:17 pm »
How would that even be legal if the EV chargers are on private property?

Read further down they have a solution for that as well
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #6897 on: July 08, 2022, 04:10:47 pm »
Don't spend anymore time on it. It's a timewaster for political points and has no chance of becoming law:

Republican House majority whip for North Carolina was fairly unimpressed with the bill, telling WNCT after barely glancing at it that “It doesn’t seem to be something that is moving forward.”

https://jalopnik.com/north-carolina-republicans-want-to-ban-free-ev-chargers-1849057951
27>34

« Reply #6898 on: July 08, 2022, 04:36:07 pm »
that article had some gems in there

Or, to put it another way, if the price of paste skyrockets because your local politicians eat so much paste, those prices might come down if you could get them to eat some crayons. But good luck with that! Paste is delicious.

I mean, past is delicious!
slack

« Reply #6899 on: July 10, 2022, 04:05:42 pm »
slack