Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602530 times)

GAY,GUY

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6900 on: July 11, 2022, 09:44:04 am »
Please, for the love of God . . . shut down Lincoln theatre until the AC is fixed and all seats are replaced. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6901 on: July 11, 2022, 06:54:39 pm »
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6902 on: July 12, 2022, 09:33:42 am »
not really random because it was on Faux News...

old racist goes to a plantation called Monticello and gets told there were slaves there, goes on Faux News to complain of 'wokeism' on the part of the staff of Monticello... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wait until he visits Mount Vernon...

and i feel sorry for the Monticello social media team, having to deal with well more racists...

T.Rex

GAY,GUY

« Reply #6903 on: July 12, 2022, 09:42:45 am »
I enjoy viewing this downfall of the human mind, based on politics.  I read the news every day, and every day it gets me upset and angry and affects my morning and sometimes the day of how I see what is around me.

I need, to stop doing that.

Starsky

« Reply #6905 on: July 12, 2022, 09:26:41 pm »
$400 face value tickets to see Bruce

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6906 on: July 12, 2022, 09:33:44 pm »
$400 face value tickets to see Bruce

Oh.
Hell.
No.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #6907 on: July 13, 2022, 08:01:31 am »
I've probably seen my last Bruce show
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 08:07:01 am by Cock Van Der Palm »

Starsky

« Reply #6908 on: July 13, 2022, 08:07:59 am »
Well what I saw for Philly was $150-400

Seemed like prices had taken a big jump for the boss

$150 used to be the top for Bruce

Starsky

« Reply #6909 on: July 13, 2022, 08:18:43 am »
Ok here is what I am referring to

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #6910 on: July 13, 2022, 09:01:50 am »
Those are the prices I am hearing as well.  I've seen him probably close to 100 times since 1980.  The last tour I saw him was probably some of the best shows I've seen.  I don't think he'll top those shows.  I usually went through the hassle of getting pit tickets (standing in line for wristband/number; waiting hours for them to pull number from hat to see if you make it in pit, than waiting hours in pit for show to start). Those tickets were about $150.  That is my limit. If the Space method works as we get to showtime, then I'll grab a ticket, but not for $300+ for mediocre-decent seats.

There are way too many good shows for $30 out there to see.

GAY,GUY

« Reply #6911 on: July 13, 2022, 09:32:52 am »
When it comes, to the way concert prices are now . . . ,

Spotify'd

« Reply #6912 on: July 13, 2022, 10:22:03 am »
When it comes, to the way concert prices are now . . . ,

Spotify'd
not sure I agree
is your argument that people like bruce used to make boatloads of $$ from album sales and raido airplay and they are replacing that revenue stream with crazy high ticket prices?
Other than the big superstars (which bruce is somewhat a member, but I don't think he's really sold any albums since the early 90s) don't bands make most money off tours?

I have to imagine the payday for these shows is gotta be way more than it used to be
when every ticket in the venue of 40k was $40 conceivably the artist could make $250-500k for a stadium sell out
Now they must easily make 1 million per show at these prices....or are most artist now plaing to 2/3rd full arenas, but still taking home $750k a show?
So I think a 30 date US tour probably dwarfs what they were making in album sales and radio royalties 

lets be clear, part of this is because the secondary market showed artist that most of their fans would pay $200+ for mediocre seats
so lets cut out the middle man
They would not charge these prices if people were not paying them (although I'm still a little shocked about Roxy music, I see that getting anthem'ed as I can't imagen more than 4k people wanting to see that show)

I have no actualy data to back this up...
slack

Starsky

« Reply #6913 on: July 13, 2022, 10:34:52 am »
It’s rare that an act prices me out but I feel that just happened with Pavement …it’s not that I can’t afford it but that it begins to seem obscene… when I am used to paying x and you want 4X for a similar or worse experience I just can’t do it

I think it’s a lame move by Bruce and his minions … salaries are not keeping up with inflation so when you double prices it’s pretty tone deaf

I get the argument that he doesn’t play arenas that often anymore and there will be a second N. America leg that will hit stadiums

And also Bruce ain’t getting any younger but the guy just sold his music rights for like $500 million so it’s not as if he is hurting for money

It’s just jarring cause of all the BS bs about him being a man of the people etc
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 10:41:26 am by Starsky »

Starsky

« Reply #6914 on: July 13, 2022, 10:46:32 am »
Creepy when you start seeing these ads pop up on your Facebook feed

In real bad taste and should be beyond what is acceptable

Fuck you Facebook