Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602672 times)

Starsky

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #7110 on: January 26, 2023, 06:11:46 pm »
You know I am depressed and tired when I can’t muster excitement to post on this board or go to the record store.

The lack of sun is a drag.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7111 on: January 26, 2023, 06:43:38 pm »
^ option: you could have posted that in the Meteorological Banter thread.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #7112 on: January 26, 2023, 08:31:08 pm »
You know I am depressed and tired when I can’t muster excitement to post on this board or go to the record store.

The lack of sun is a drag.

Hang in theyy, a beautiful Spring is on the way.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #7113 on: January 30, 2023, 10:11:28 pm »
😐 🎶

Space Freely

« Reply #7114 on: January 31, 2023, 01:55:54 pm »
Our return flight home from Lisbon in July got moved to an earlier 6:35am departure time. We connect in Madrid. We have to return a rental car as well.

Our kid will be 16.

Should we bother with getting a hotel room for the night if we'd have to vacate it at 3am anyway?

What would you do?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7115 on: January 31, 2023, 02:02:27 pm »
Our return flight home from Lisbon in July got moved to an earlier 6:35am departure time. We connect in Madrid. We have to return a rental car as well.

Our kid will be 16.

Should we bother with getting a hotel room for the night if we'd have to vacate it at 3am anyway?

What would you do?
I would’ve put my kid up for adoption about 16 years ago.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #7116 on: January 31, 2023, 02:34:07 pm »

Our kid will be 16.

What would you do?

sit in a park and drink whatever BYOB you have leftover... hit a late night place to eat.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7117 on: January 31, 2023, 03:04:42 pm »
Our return flight home from Lisbon in July got moved to an earlier 6:35am departure time.

depends on how much that bedtime-until-3am sleep is worth to you.  can your family pull an all-nighter?  if you don't have a hotel, would hanging out in restaurants/bars/parks all night work for you?

if i doesn't, perhaps make a compromise and get the cheapest room you can find near the airport.  being nearby would buy you a little extra sleep in the morning...

if i was on my own, i'd absolutely consider skipping the hotel and spending the money on a night on the town, and then plan to sleep in-flight (i fall asleep very easily on planes).  my circadian rhythm is going to be messed up when i get home anyways, why not throw it for a proper loop? ;D

if i have my (younger) kids with me, a hotel and a few hours of quality sleep are the only option.  otherwise we'd be that family with those kids on the flight. 
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7118 on: January 31, 2023, 03:29:47 pm »
Yeah, if staying up will help combat jetlag, absolutely stay up. If not, go to bed early.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #7119 on: January 31, 2023, 03:51:15 pm »
😐 🎶

« Reply #7120 on: January 31, 2023, 04:02:54 pm »
How to disappear completely...

Woman suspected of killing doppelganger to fake her own death
You didn’t come up with that clever line. Radiohead did! And you’re not them! You’re a great big plagiarist phony!
LVMH

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #7121 on: January 31, 2023, 04:11:38 pm »

You didn’t come up with that clever line. Radiohead did! And you’re not them! You’re a great big plagiarist phony!

Who the hell is "Radiohead"?
😐 🎶

« Reply #7122 on: January 31, 2023, 04:19:48 pm »

Who the hell is "Radiohead"?
They’re a Talking Heads reference.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7123 on: January 31, 2023, 04:21:29 pm »

Space Freely

« Reply #7124 on: January 31, 2023, 04:37:42 pm »
Yeah, if staying up will help combat jetlag, absolutely stay up. If not, go to bed early.

Is jetlag a thing when you're flying from Europe to America?

If we stay up, we'll be without a bed to sleep in for about 38 hours until we are home, depending on how late we sleep the previous morning. Unless you count the second, longer flight as a bed to sleep in. My wife can fall asleep anywhere anytime, me and the kid not so much. But we fly back on a Friday, so have the whole weekend to recover.