Author Topic: Official 930 Club Belle and Sebastian Echostage June 11 Show  (Read 52807 times)

Re: Official 930 Club Belle and Sebastian Echoplex June 11 Show
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2015, 09:38:36 am »
i havent seen them in like forever..seriously...

these days what would the likelihood be of them playing My Wandering Days Are Over?
So for some reason Hutch turned down a free ticket and door to door service....and they played "My Wandering Days are Over"
Stuart talked a little bit about how that it was the first song he wrote as B&S
He said he penned it in Jan of 96 was joking how some in the front weren't even born then
as he was staring 50 in the face (although he is only 46)

I thought it was a great set list
I would have liked Get me away, Sleep away, Me and the Major or I want the world to stop
but Wandering days, Dog On Wheels and Expectations made up for that in spades

Thought the sound was great
Crowd size was perfect, enough to feel like the place was not empty, but perfect to move around and get up front if you wanted to

Stuart was definitely hamming it up as was Stevie
What was up with that bit about the West Wing? 
Stuart Loves Seth...said everytime they come to DC 9:30 hooks them up

AC could have been better
Since the crowd at a B&S show tend to lean female and twee men...sight lines weren't a problem with my towering 5'9" stature...
quite the opposite at the Mats

I can't believe there wasn't even a water fountain!

Also...Parking was a breeze, just go over that little bridge past the club and there was boatloads of street parking.  They were charging $30 in front of the club

Also that 'free shuttle' seems like a joke.  you have to walk down to the McD's and then then I saw at least 50 people waiting close to 1 hour after the show ended (it's only 1.5 miles people!)

All in all a great experience, was more than  happy to grant elite boardie like Bearman a 'miracle ticket'
It was nice to meet him and Lily and hope to see them at future shows

So my echohatin isn't as high anymore, but there is room for improvement

last thought...loved the horn player...his part on Dog on Wheels was a highlight for me

slack

emmanuel

Re: Official 930 Club Belle and Sebastian Echostage June 11 Show
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2015, 09:53:22 am »
I saw Belle and Sebastian 3 times this week and I don't regret. Each show had 7-10 unique songs. For some reason them seem to never play my favorite songs (Like Dylan in the Movies, Me and the Major, A Century of Fakers -- they did a few times this year), but that's only a minor complaint after watching more than 45 songs this week.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2015, 09:58:31 am »
the new songs are pretty weak but the good thing is that they probably won't do them next tour.
(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2015, 10:14:02 am »
the new songs are pretty weak but the good thing is that they probably won't do them next tour.

I don't mind one or 2 for variety. I like them in small doses. But when you go from "Perfect Couples" to "Fox in the Snow", you know just how good they're capable of being. I've been seeing them for 17 years and the nice thing is that there are very few songs they're guaranteed to perform. They're good at delving into their repertoire. That's what makes seeing them a couple times per tour worth it.

bearman🐻

« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2015, 10:18:16 am »

All in all a great experience, was more than  happy to grant elite boardie like Bearman a 'miracle ticket'
It was nice to meet him and Lily and hope to see them at future shows

I wonder how many other cities have a community like the 9:30 BB...truly awesome folks. Sidehatch, you qualify as elite boardie before me for sure. Sure we're elitist snobs, but at least we like good music.

Yada

« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2015, 10:20:13 am »

these days what would the likelihood be of them playing My Wandering Days Are Over?
So for some reason Hutch turned down a free ticket and door to door service....

That would've cleared you for at least 10 beers hutch has purchased you.

challenged

• Instagram

« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2015, 10:36:40 am »

...I KNOW!
I think the offer at least holds some weight too...at least 3 or so beers off my hutch-debt
slack

hutch

« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2015, 01:34:45 pm »

...I KNOW!
I think the offer at least holds some weight too...at least 3 or so beers off my hutch-debt

no credit i'm afraid.. :)

huh? i am really confused.. didn't you email me about how you wanted face value a couple of days ago even though it was selling below face on stubhub and then post about selling it everywhere you could? even below face, presumably rather than give it to me? next time just say i have an extra cause my spouse backed out why don't you take it? i mean you couldn't seriously expect me to give you face value when you tell me its selling below face value on stubhub, right? i'm not going to ask for a freebie if you want money for it...but if you want to invite me to a show particularly belle and sebastian i'm hardly the guy to say no! 

i opened an email yesterday at 5 -that you sent at 1130-or so saying you thought you had placed your ticket but a friend of yours had an extra if i wanted it.... by that point there was no way

anyways, glad people had fun! looks like an awesome time.. and i love boardies helping out boardies......

got to get back to weedwacking...

oh glad to see Seth post on the board..been a while..

« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2015, 01:38:29 pm »
I emailed you saying I had a free ticket and a ride the day of the show

you can interpret it how ever you like
slack

Yada

« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2015, 01:43:13 pm »
take this business to AOL messenger.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2015, 01:47:19 pm »
I just logged into AIM and found someone on my friend list was actually logged on. I had completely forgotten this was a thing. Wow/
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #162 on: June 12, 2015, 01:51:28 pm »
I just logged into AIM and found someone on my friend list was actually logged on. I had completely forgotten this was a thing. Wow/

hahah... I did the same thing probably a year ago and there were a few people still lurkin' around.

vansmack

« Reply #163 on: June 12, 2015, 01:59:26 pm »
Some dancing ensued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRVu6W2cXH4

Fantastic.

It also allowed me to find this:

Lord Anthony > Piazza.  Just my 2 cents. Especially in concert.

They played both in SF.  And it was the acoustic version of Piazza while he was walking in the crowd.

Piazza
v
Lord Anthony

!0 Tracks from the Berkeley Show
27>34

« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2015, 02:19:01 pm »
Some dancing ensued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRVu6W2cXH4

Fantastic.

It also allowed me to find this:

Lord Anthony > Piazza.  Just my 2 cents. Especially in concert.

They played both in SF.  And it was the acoustic version of Piazza while he was walking in the crowd.

Piazza
v
Lord Anthony

!0 Tracks from the Berkeley Show
must say, the girls who got up and danced at the SF show could actually dance and were much hotter than the ones in DC
4.20 on this clip of sukie
Although I did get to the most awkward fist pump/high five with Jericho
slack