Author Topic: the, vino thread  (Read 5362 times)

i am gay and i like cats

the, vino thread
« on: January 15, 2015, 10:11:52 pm »
Why don't we have a wine thread?  I love a good wine.  Pinot blancs,  cab savs, malbecs, and old vine chenin blancs are my favorites.  I want to discuss, wines, here.

hutch

Re: the, vino thread
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:41:24 pm »
argentine malbecs are and have beeen the best value for years....you are paying less than they pay in argentina. i can get los alamos for 7.29 or so at BJs... I'm talking about a good wine here... this ain't no concha y finger me or frontera dregs of the barrel trash...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:42:16 pm »
Thank, u.

hutch

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 10:50:15 pm »
i mean i'm telling you some of the argentine wines are shockingly underpriced right now... i think they 're trying to make inroads into the american market like the chileans did...cause my  mom comes from argentina and can't believe how cheap they are here..

alamos malbec for little more than $7 is shocking....

another good one is trapiche oak cask malbec or cabernet... also usually under $10....and they are good....

if i was getting argentine wines i would go only for malbec or cabernet..... i guess i'm just conservative....

i just had an argentine belgrano malbec to celebrate a very special ocassion... nice wine..only my partner knows how much it cost but couldn't have been that much...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 10:52:31 pm »
I discovered a wonderful cab in a food store, of all places, called ghost pines.  It's from, some where.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 10:53:40 pm »
I've never had a taste for malbecs but I love Torrontes and don't know why they're not more popular. Great value, very crisp.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 10:57:24 pm »
I've never had a taste for malbecs but I love Torrontes and don't know why they're not more popular. Great value, very crisp.

do you like a good steak?

no better wine with meat than an Argentine Malbec.

FACT.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 10:59:13 pm »
Depends, on the meat . . .and it's juices.

hutch

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 11:01:53 pm »
Depends, on the meat . . .and it's juices.

meat like a beef steak , without sauce or bullshit or dressing?

no. no better wine than Malbec.

FACT

dude my family from Argentina.. all we eat is meat..its in our genetic makeup.. i am a carnivore...i live for a good steak...trust me..Malbec with steak is the way....

hutch

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 11:03:09 pm »
i fear a lot of what is called "meat" in America would not be edible for me..

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 11:06:24 pm »
I have a good friend who is a chef, and he is always raving about how each cut of meat and the way it can be prepared, determines the type of wine you serve with it.  Chefs, are crazy and obsessive.

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 11:09:38 pm »

FACT.
I've been a vegetarian or vegan for the last 14 years because of stomach problems.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 11:14:02 pm »

FACT.
I've been a vegetarian or vegan for the last 14 years because of stomach problems.

well,  i'm jealous in a way because i feel horrible about being a carnivore... i wish i could be a vegetarian and will one day be one i hope...but eating a good steak, which is rarer and rarer due to the crazy increase in prices, is something my body needs at this point.

morrissey's meat is murder says it all for me.....

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 11:16:57 pm »
Well, I don't want to derail Walkies excellent vino thread -- which was an excellent idea -- with vegetarian talk. That said, if we are talking Argentinian wine, I talk up Torrontes every chance I get.

I opened two great bottles last weekend, a Ken Wright Pinot noir 2010 (forget which hillside) that was wonderful. (I drink virtually no american wines but OREGON/Washington pinots are the exception). Also had a great Rioja from Spain that I'll have to look up tomorrow but was an excellent value at the $25-30 price point.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 11:18:58 pm »
If you like a good Oregon pinot . . . Try Merriman Cummins road.