Author Topic: Happy 50th Anniversary Grateful Dead  (Read 68242 times)

ggw

Re: Happy 50th Anniversary Grateful Dead
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2015, 10:09:50 am »
I really dislike Donna. Lord she cannot sing. Am I the only one?

You are not alone.

K8teebug

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2015, 10:49:34 am »
Good. She is the worst. She ruins every song.

hutch

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2015, 01:44:50 pm »
a good friend of mine who has been doing the mail order thing for DECADES got rejected.. i'm talking old school hardcore deadhead who would usually get GREAT seats

I think they've changed the way they do it. and some of the personnel doing it if not all have changed..

Hutch, they changed the mail order system about 15 years ago.

yeah but he was still getting great seats...i guess he was grandfathered in but something changed for this go around...its very weird...

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2015, 05:27:08 pm »
I am curious why they decided to do this in Chicago?

this really should have been in San Francisco...not even a question

slack

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2015, 05:28:33 pm »
Ok....answering my own question:
will reunite at Chicago?s Soldier Field, nearly 20 years to the day of the last-ever Grateful Dead concert, which took place at the same venue.

Still lame...they are not celebrating the last concert 20 years ago....they are celebrating 50 years of the dead!
slack

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2015, 05:30:00 pm »
lastly...anyone have a clue HOW MANY will be available online to the general public on February 28th via Ticketmaster.

if any?
slack

hutch

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2015, 05:31:57 pm »
Ok....answering my own question:
will reunite at Chicago?s Soldier Field, nearly 20 years to the day of the last-ever Grateful Dead concert, which took place at the same venue.

Still lame...they are not celebrating the last concert 20 years ago....they are celebrating 50 years of the dead!

their argument was that Chicago is in the middle and easy to get to from anywhere....

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 05:34:59 pm »
lastly...anyone have a clue HOW MANY will be available online to the general public on February 28th via Ticketmaster.

if any?

ok...I need to look then post instead of the other way

◾Wow! We re excited (and humbled) to discover that your enthusiasm for Fare Thee Well matches our own! We have received an overwhelming number of mail order ticket requests. In an effort to honor the history and spirit of the Grateful Dead, we are going to try to fill as many of these orders as possible. This means there will be no other pre-sales. In order to give the good folks at GDTS TOO time to sort through the 60,000+ (!) envelopes received so far

There will be a general admission pit directly in front of the stage (pit tickets are mail order only), a second general admission floor section behind the pit and reserved seating throughout the stadium.

So lots of tickets still to go on sale...
slack

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2015, 05:36:31 pm »
this really should have been in San Francisco...not even a question
It really should've taken place on an easily sinkable barge about 15 miles off the Atlantic coast. Best case scenario, we remove our nation's filthy jobless hippie problem; worst case scenario, at least those that survive were forced to take a bath for the first time in weeks.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2015, 06:54:13 pm »
well obviously the "there will be lots of tickets on sale" is a lie unless they are planning on adding shows

i mean do the math ..60,000 envelopes times X tickets (2 ? 4? was there a limit)... is going to take care of most of the supply

as far as donna.... while i agree that i don't care for her singing thats not the point.. point is she was a part of the dead for many years..some of their greatest.... she should at least be recognized... maybe people dont' like her now? maybe they never did? but the guys in the dead had her in the band for years...

anyways, i don't expect her or hunter to be recognized...but who knows....

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2015, 08:08:45 pm »
your logic is flawed as they only fulfilled a small portion of those 60k entries
They said: a second general admission floor section behind the pit and reserved seating throughout the stadium.

so I'd imagine that only 1/4 of the seats were done by mail order
slack

hutch

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2015, 09:43:03 pm »
your logic is flawed as they only fulfilled a small portion of those 60k entries
They said: a second general admission floor section behind the pit and reserved seating throughout the stadium.

so I'd imagine that only 1/4 of the seats were done by mail order

perhaps....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2015, 10:17:26 pm »
well obviously the "there will be lots of tickets on sale" is a lie unless they are planning on adding shows

i mean do the math ..60,000 envelopes times X tickets (2 ? 4? was there a limit)... is going to take care of most of the supply

yes, let's do some actual math. 

first, they said they got 60,000 applications, and based on feedback most folks were rejected.  let's assume they filled 20,000 orders (a high estimate IMO, i suspect it's less) and on average each one was for 3 tickets... that's 60,000 tickets.

soldier field holds 61,500 for football games.  since there will be a floor GA, let's make that 65,000 (again, conservative number IMO); so  x 3 shows = 195,000 total ticket.

60k/195k = 31% of tickets allocated in presale.

you can play around with the assumptions, but i don't think we'll get near your dire prediction.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2015, 10:30:48 pm »
well I wasn't like math major or anything....

what i heard was they got so much response they even decided to do away with the TM presale that was scheduled originally..

i don't think there will be as many tickets as you think left... i also think they got more than 60K applications.. they said they had counted up 60K so far and would do their best..why are they rejecting people then? are they bound by TM to place them onsale at the TM sale? is that a part of the "equation"

but good luck to everyone!

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2015, 12:59:12 am »
They only offered the pit, the $200 tickets and the $80 tickets (plus fees) via mail-order.   If they got ALL of the seats in those price ranges, that still looks like less than half of the stadium (based on the seating chart they initially released.)  The presale wasn't via TM.  It was through some other service, which makes me think they were running that one as well.  My guess is that they were planning to sell any leftover mailorder tickets via the presale.  It quickly became obvious that wouldn't be necessary, so they scrapped it.  TM should have about 1/2 of the tickets for sale next weekend - minus whatever is set aside for the VIP/Travel packages.   Take out what the scalpers will be getting and that will leave about 50 tickets per night available to the public. :(

And for the record - I hope they include Donna for a few songs.