Author Topic: Happy 50th Anniversary Grateful Dead  (Read 67839 times)

Yada

Re: Happy 50th Anniversary Grateful Dead
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2015, 09:29:18 am »
For a seasoned concert veteran, hutch is having a hard time comprehending this presale info.

ggw

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2015, 09:55:58 am »
I figured hutch was just gonna give Phil a call and get his name on the guest list.

Bagley

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2015, 03:30:19 pm »
This is why I wont try for Chicago tix.  I'm spoiled by the Dark Star Orchestra.  Last night's incredibly awesome setlist from Asheville, NC. is below.   I wasn't there but I heard it cooked. The last show I saw was the first night of the January 9:30 run.  Tremendous 4 hour performance from 1972!  I'm not sure this band they're calling the Dead could pull off either of these recreations.   For me, the Grateful Dead was mostly about Jerry Garcia. The last thing I want to see is Phil or Bobby attempting to sing a Jerry chestnut.  The  DSO members are consummate musicians and devout students of the music of the Grateful Dead.  I can see them locally and afford-ably at least 3 times a year in fairly intimate venues.  I'm sure the "reunion" will be a fun party but IMHO its just not worth the hassle/expense of getting tix and then getting there.

5/3/69 Winterland
He Was A Friend Of Mine, Cryptical Envelopement-> Drums-> The Other One-> Cryptical Envelopement-> Doin' That Rag, Me & My Uncle

Dupree's Diamond Blues*, Sitting On Top Of The World, Dark Star-> Saint Stephen-> William Tell Bridge -> The Eleven-> Turn On Your Love Light, E: It's All Over Now Baby Blue

* Jeff on acoustic

Filler: Easy Wind, Golden Road, Viola Lee

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2015, 05:47:21 pm »
That setlist looks amazing.  I'm sure they killed it.  That '72 show at 9:30 was just nuts.

I'm still hoping to go to Chicago, but I won't go without tickets and I won't pay a fortune for them.  While it's exciting that the core-four are getting together one last time - I see it as more of a celebration of all-things-Dead for one last time.  The music, the band, the family, the scene... It just gives us that one more chance at having it all and being together (minus that one giant empty spot.)  The performance is important, but it's not the only reason I want to be there.  It's to celebrate and say goodbye.

hutch

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2015, 05:53:01 pm »
That setlist looks amazing.  I'm sure they killed it.  That '72 show at 9:30 was just nuts.

I'm still hoping to go to Chicago, but I won't go without tickets and I won't pay a fortune for them.  While it's exciting that the core-four are getting together one last time - I see it as more of a celebration of all-things-Dead for one last time.  The music, the band, the family, the scene... It just gives us that one more chance at having it all and being together (minus that one giant empty spot.)  The performance is important, but it's not the only reason I want to be there.  It's to celebrate and say goodbye.

It was Pigpen's band first.. he was the leader....

another guy written out of the history....

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2015, 03:56:24 pm »
of all the people, i have met, who have said they are going . . . i feel it will have the essence of the first two bonnaboobs, where the music lot scene and the fact this is only one band to see and not some cluster crap of having to schedule out fifty bands to see over three days, will cause this event to be a pretty special experience.  the parking lot, hotel, getting in and out of venue, the drunked / drugged out fuckerupings that will take place throughout, experience . . . well that's what happens and you better be able to deal with it; like when phish plays hapmton for three days, but times one hundred thousand.  yes, the scene, the lot scene, the overall concert scene has changed so much due to change of the culture and mental capacities of people in general, but i think it would still be something that at last minute, if asked by a friend who would really wants to go and needs a side kick to take it on . . . yeah, i would go.

K8teebug

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2015, 09:36:00 am »

What a lovely way of putting it.

Yada

hutch

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2015, 01:28:40 pm »
for HUTCH.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/124139/Grateful-Dead-50-Fare-Thee-Well-Mail-Order-Update

the caps are kind of scaring me from clicking...

it kind of has a "hey hutch let me hit you with a hammer" feel to it...

fatskippy

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2015, 04:42:43 pm »
I scored a travel package this morning. I'm glad I don't have to deal with ticketmaster tomorrow.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2015, 05:31:56 pm »
I, might be wrong, but all packages through CID, are sold out.

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2015, 05:52:26 pm »
Kinda feeling like I should try to get some tix and make some coin of these smelly hippies who drive up in their BMW's

Don't get me wrong, I'm great friends with some of them...still doesn't mean I can use capitalism to belittle them
slack

Yada

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2015, 05:57:16 pm »
Kinda feeling like I should try to get some tix and make some coin of these smelly hippies who drive up in their BMW's

Don't get me wrong, I'm great friends with some of them...still doesn't mean I can use capitalism to belittle them

I don't think these tickets have the ability to "make coin." Shitty seats are already quite expensive and no one is paying top dollar to sit at the top of Soldier Field.

The pricey tickets are already basically at the tipping point of what's affordable, so not much room for margin there either. It at least would be good practice for future tough ticket as I know you're not too savvy in that dept.  ;D Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:10:03 pm by Yada »

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2015, 05:57:31 pm »
True story: I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac once. A little voice in the back of my head said "don't look back, you can never look back."
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2015, 07:03:31 pm »
True story: I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac once. A little voice in the back of my head said "don't look back, you can never look back."

yawn...really beneath you..