Author Topic: ITT, we shallowly objectify other people by discussing their appearance.  (Read 58098 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: ITT, we shallowly objectify other people by discussing their appearance.
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2015, 11:36:22 am »
try being a realtor with three foot dreads.  :-\
Is it more or less difficult than being a theoretical physicists with three foot dreads?
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2015, 11:44:37 am »
i knew that Julian could not be in real estate.  see how long you last, telling your clients, that you won,t deal with hamplanets.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2015, 12:45:49 pm »
try being a realtor with three foot dreads.  :-\
Is it more or less difficult than being a theoretical physicists with three foot dreads?

How about nuclear physicist/DOE Secretary with this hair?

😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2015, 01:40:13 pm »
I have started playing your "Spot the Minority" game

I am the master at this.  I am the first to point out a room without a minority and how long it's been since we've seen a minority.  Wine tasting is among my favorite times to play this game because it drives the liberals in NoCal insane when I say things like "the help doesn't count".  I also like playing it at tech conferences...
27>34

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2015, 01:43:42 pm »

I am the master at this.  I am the first to point out a room without a minority and how long it's been since we've seen a minority.  Wine tasting is among my favorite times to play this game because it drives the liberals in NoCal insane when I say things like "the help doesn't count".  I also like playing it at tech conferences...

It's a shame we've never actually met because I feel we'd get along swimmingly. (As long as sports are not on.)
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2015, 01:47:51 pm »
I've had a ball doing Spot the Minority during the two GOP debates. The fun is kind of tempered by the fact that the organizers always seat him immediately behind the moderator so it's more of a twitch/buzzer game than a Where's Waldo thing.
oword

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2015, 01:52:13 pm »
I've had a ball doing Spot the Minority during the two GOP debates. The fun is kind of tempered by the fact that the organizers always seat him immediately behind the moderator so it's more of a twitch/buzzer game than a Where's Waldo thing.
Does Ben Carson count?
LVMH

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2015, 01:53:26 pm »
And also, just to keep the thread on-topic, could you shallowly objectify the minority you spotted by commenting on their appearance?
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2015, 01:54:17 pm »
Does Ben Carson count?

No, he's the talent. Besides, he's rarely on-screen anyway.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2015, 01:54:50 pm »
And also, just to keep the thread on-topic, could you shallowly objectify the minority you spotted by commenting on their appearance?

You know it, girlfriend.
oword

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2015, 04:10:08 pm »
I also like playing it at tech conferences...

I don't know about that in the bay area, Asians are still considered a monitory in the US... right?
slack

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2015, 04:12:52 pm »
I also like playing it at tech conferences...

I don't know about that in the bay area, Asians are still considered a monitory in the US... right?

Their economic prosperity excludes them from minority status. We're clearly only talking about the  poor minorities, duh.
LVMH

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2015, 04:31:48 pm »

2 out of ten at best. Theoretical physics: it's not like getting laid. . . which this pumpkin-pie haircutted freak clearly has not in 2 decades.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2015, 04:36:26 pm »
The fact that you both think there is only one category of Asians is why I am the master of this game...

At tech conferences, I like to to play the gender game with my fiancee, just to get her fired up.  And then she fires back with the gamer vs non-gamer profiling of men at the conference.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2015, 04:36:49 pm »
Do you guys remember how Atomic used to brag about what a looker and ladies man he was? About how hot women half his age would throw themselves at him?

And then he posted his picture here and he looked like the psycho 50 year old version of what Kurt Cobain would have looked like had he lived? That was funny.