Author Topic: ITT, we shallowly objectify other people by discussing their appearance.  (Read 58095 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Kat Dennings. I can't get quite a good feed on her. I always get roped into watching 2 Broke Girls whenever I come across it on TV but I believe it's solely based on her cleavage. The show is God awful. AWFUL. But.... I always end up watching it just to stare at Kat Dennings... but I find her annoying and almost unattractive.... I can't explain it.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Kat Dennings. I can't get quite a good feed on her. I always get roped into watching 2 Broke Girls whenever I come across it on TV but I believe it's solely based on her cleavage. The show is God awful. AWFUL. But.... I always end up watching it just to stare at Kat Dennings... but I find her annoying and almost unattractive.... I can't explain it.
I hate her whole look. She gets a 3 in the Julian objectification score.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
I feel like she's pretty average looking but I can't stop staring at her. I want to give her a 4-5, but I think she's more a high 6 if not a 7.

And I can't really explain why.
‼‼?‼‼

Space Freely

So if we equate a 0 to 10 scale to percentiles, she's only better looking than 30% of the women in the world?

I think you better explain your objectification scale. If we're all using different scales, there's really no point in comparing our numbers.

So if we equate a 0 to 10 scale to percentiles, she's only better looking than 30% of the women in the world?

I think you better explain your objectification scale. If we're all using different scales, there's really no point in comparing our numbers.
You know, that's a fair point. I guess in my mind, 5 is "average" but I don't think there's a neat bell curve that splits all people up between the two sides. She might be a 4.5 by your scale.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter

You know, that's a fair point. I guess in my mind, 5 is "average" but I don't think there's a neat bell curve that splits all people up between the two sides. She might be a 4.5 by your scale.
I always figured 5 was average.
‼‼?‼‼

Space Freely

68.8 percent of Americans are overweight or obese. Are you saying she's less attractive than a fair share of porkers?

I mean I'd rate her as above average simply because she's not overweight. But perhaps weight carries a heavier weight for me than it does for you. (Not that I don't find some overweight women attractive, but it certainly lessens their score).

68.8 percent of Americans are overweight or obese. Are you saying she's less attractive than a fair share of porkers?

I mean I'd rate her as above average simply because she's not overweight. But perhaps weight carries a heavier weight for me than it does for you. (Not that I don't find some overweight women attractive, but it certainly lessens their score).
68.8% of the world's population aren't overweight though. I agree with your general idea that the simple fact she's not a porker has to put her ahead of 99% of the porkers but I don't have good figures on how many porkers there are total.

Also, my personal rankings isn't an even distribution of scores. Way more 1s and 2s than 9s and 10s.
LVMH

Space Freely

68.8% of the world's population aren't overweight though. I agree with your general idea that the simple fact she's not a porker has to put her ahead of 99% of the porkers but I don't have good figures on how many porkers there are total.

Also, my personal rankings isn't an even distribution of scores. Way more 1s and 2s than 9s and 10s.

This is starting to remind me of the latest Jim Jeffries Netflix special.

I see it as a bell curve with comparable number of 1/2 vs. 9/10.

Also, take into account age. Anna may only be in the 50th percentile for her age (higher? lower? I dunno), but she's definitely more attractive than most of the AARP-eligible people in the world, no? I guess it doesn't matter if you're implying  that most people in the world are below a 5.

I personally feel we're getting too caught up in the minutia when we could be posting pictures of people and shallowly objectifying them by discussing their appearance.
LVMH

Space Freely

In retrospect, this was a great thread. I don't know why we let it die off. Let's shallowly objectify Anna Kendrick. At first blush, I'd probably give her a solid 8 or 9 but then I realize I'm totally taking her personality into account and not fully shallowly objectify her. She sort of has a rat face. Probably have to dock her a few points. Solid 7 though I still think. Thoughts?

I asked my wife about Anna Kendrick, and she said "7, she loses a bit because of her Irish horsey-face". I guess the two of you could argue about which mammal she most resembles, but it sounds like the two of you are on the same page.

Actually, with all due respect to Celeste, I would argue vehemently that Anna is not a horse face. That's a completely different shape face. I don't even understand where she's getting that. Rather rat-like features though.

Anna Kendrick or Kate Mara -- and again, lets leave personality out of this objectification, people!! -- who would you choose? Everyone vote!
LVMH

walk,on,by

is mila kunis good looking?  I, can't decide.

hutch

well.. the truth is that unless you see her in person you can't really say... not only is beauty subjective in general but what you see on screen and in pictures is a representation... the real deal is in person..sometimes when you see somebody in person you realize "whoaa I had no idea the person was so small?" or they just look different to you than what you visualized on the screen etc

I happen to think Mila is incredibly attractive.. but if I saw her in person she might just look plain and common... I don't know...