Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 921893 times)

ggw

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #3540 on: October 30, 2018, 03:00:25 pm »
You talked about wanting to keep country majority white and penalizing people for having too many kids...since people who have more kids tend to be black or Latino I think we can all draw the conclusion

I'm against anyone having many kids, especially people who don't have the financial means. I grew up in an area that is currently 98.5% white, and lower middle class (current median household income, 44K). I'm against them having many kids.

I'll also add the Trump won the county I grew up in by +5 in a state that Hillary won by +22.

This is an argument for education not for penalizing people for having children!!

Trump won whites with a college degree 49% to 45%.

« Reply #3541 on: October 30, 2018, 03:14:48 pm »
Trump won whites with a college degree 49% to 45%.
It doesn't count if you include people who went to Trump University
slack

ggw

« Reply #3543 on: October 30, 2018, 03:34:08 pm »
Based on birth rates to preserve a white majority you would need to only allow whites....

I have the opposite view...admit as many non whites as possible as white people have gone batshit crazy and are killing America

Are you Amerinidian or mestizo?

« Reply #3544 on: October 30, 2018, 03:50:20 pm »
I'd like to see an immigration policy that preserves the current (diverse, but white majority) racial makeup of America.
I don't like that at all...quota's on race of incoming immigrants
affirmative in-action
Trump is your guy if that's what your are looking for
Oh yes, Trump's my man. Because immigration is the only issue. Please don't be a dumb liberal.
trump may be your man
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/30/breaking-news-speaker-ryan-you-cannot-end-birthright-citizenship-with-an-executive-order-949387?fbclid=IwAR0_EIYNE34KNjUdQIWftt-2oGq-Tex3YtII5Mo5oTi6JNL-78IyPpiHyJ0

President Donald Trump discussing an executive order could deny a constitutional guarantee of citizenship to babies born in the U.S. to noncitizen parents.

although he doesn't have the power to do this...but his base would love this (and space apparently)
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3545 on: October 30, 2018, 04:00:38 pm »
I'd like to see an immigration policy that preserves the current (diverse, but white majority) racial makeup of America.
affirmative in-action
Oh yes, Trump's my man. Because immigration is the only issue. Please don't be a dumb liberal.
trump may be your man
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/30/breaking-news-speaker-ryan-you-cannot-end-birthright-citizenship-with-an-executive-order-949387?fbclid=IwAR0_EIYNE34KNjUdQIWftt-2oGq-Tex3YtII5Mo5oTi6JNL-78IyPpiHyJ0

President Donald Trump discussing an executive order could deny a constitutional guarantee of citizenship to babies born in the U.S. to noncitizen parents.

although he doesn't have the power to do this...but his base would love this (and space apparently)

If we restricted jus soli, we'd be joining such rotten counties as Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, Spain, Thailand, South Africa, Egypt, Portugal, Greece, and the list goes on.

hutch

« Reply #3546 on: October 30, 2018, 04:05:32 pm »
Well we can certainly restrict it by passing a constitutional amendment....I think....when was the last time we did that?

But the point is just to throw red meat at the base 7 days before midterms to give them another reason to turn out....I think America has been pretty well served by this Amendment regardless of what other countries do

hutch

« Reply #3547 on: October 30, 2018, 04:11:00 pm »
This nativism is sucky and really runs counter to American history...not that it hasn’t existed before but who was the last nativist President? It was never a dominant strain as far as I recall

I guess we might as well send the Statue of Liberty back to France

hutch

« Reply #3548 on: October 30, 2018, 04:12:21 pm »
Based on birth rates to preserve a white majority you would need to only allow whites....

I have the opposite view...admit as many non whites as possible as white people have gone batshit crazy and are killing America

Are you Amerinidian or mestizo?

I don’t know...I could be Amerindian...like Elizabeth Warren....

I generally think of myself as White and then Latino

I don’t see how it is relevant

It is interesting that without jus soli I might not be here....but I never buy into the myth about how incredible it is to be American and tend to think of myself as a citizen of the world...I mean am fine being American but does it make me better than being Swedish or Australian or even Argentine? I was born into an upper middle class family in Argentina and would have ended up fine there...as my cousin is...

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 04:17:26 pm by hutch »

ggw

« Reply #3549 on: October 30, 2018, 04:33:07 pm »
So you are a white American who thinks white people are batshit crazy and being American is overrated? That sounds kind of sad.

« Reply #3550 on: October 30, 2018, 04:36:20 pm »
If we restricted jus soli, we'd be joining such rotten counties as Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, Spain, Thailand, South Africa, Egypt, Portugal, Greece, and the list goes on.
none of those countries have ever relished in the title 'nation of immigrants' or had pride in the statement 'Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free'

but I guess only half the country feels that way
slack

hutch

« Reply #3551 on: October 30, 2018, 04:42:06 pm »
So you are a white American who thinks white people are batshit crazy and being American is overrated? That sounds kind of sad.

I think a lot of white Americans are batshit crazy or Trump would not be supported by a majority of them but I guess it comes down to semantics and what “batshit crazy” means to me.

Being American is definitely overrated by many. People live longer, healthier and happier lives on average in many countries and yet we have to make ourselves believe we are the greatest.

I have traveled all over the world and one thing I have noticed is everybody thinks their country is amazing and their women the prettiest so maybe Americans are not that different from anyone else. You kind of have to lie to yourself to get up in the morning.

I don’t feel sad about it but I do feel sad for you if you think being an American makes you better in any way than anybody else.

I subscribe to the belief that patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

None of which means I don’t take great pride in the many accomplishments of Americans. A few years ago while undertaking some research into my family I learned I had family that had come to the US from Europe in the pre WWI period going back to the 1890s and one family member who had died fighting in WWII in Italy and that does fill me with some pride particularly since he was a Jew
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 04:56:58 pm by hutch »

« Reply #3552 on: October 30, 2018, 04:49:52 pm »
are a white American who thinks white people are batshit crazy
I can agree with that statement (not the second part)

Some white people are a little more batshit crazy than others...but it's their smugness that takes the cake
The arrogance of the 'white is right' crowd and 'America is a white nation'  I'm mortified that I'm associated with idiots like that

I'm proud and ashamed to be white...but in the end benefit tremulously due to some birth lottery that I won
slack

hutch

« Reply #3553 on: October 30, 2018, 06:37:19 pm »
I mean maybe I wrote that wrong...I am proud to be American but no prouder than I would be to be French if I were French....and certainly don’t feel better than anyone of another nationality for being American but sometimes I am grateful to have been born here and there are a lot of things I love about this place.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:42:56 pm by hutch »

« Reply #3554 on: October 31, 2018, 12:48:38 pm »
affirmative in-action
trump may be your man

jez...asshat Ghram is jumping in feet first on this one

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/413832-graham-to-introduce-legislation-ending-birthright-citizenship
"Finally, a president willing to take on this absurd policy of birthright citizenship. I’ve always supported comprehensive immigration reform — and at the same time — the elimination of birthright citizenship," Graham said in a string of tweets.
He added that he plans "to introduce legislation along the same lines as the proposed executive order"

slack