Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 919761 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #3705 on: March 15, 2019, 08:59:03 am »
How many are up for re-election in 2020?

Exactly

« Reply #3706 on: March 15, 2019, 10:52:15 am »
this shit is really going too far, this guy is a dictator

The left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad. But the left plays it cuter and tougher. Like with all the nonsense that they do in Congress … with all this invest[igations]—that’s all they want to do is –you know, they do things that are nasty. Republicans never played this.

Republicans never played this?!  They fuckin invented it
slack

hutch

« Reply #3707 on: March 15, 2019, 04:08:51 pm »
Trump is loving this veto...and everybody knows it

« Reply #3708 on: March 15, 2019, 04:33:03 pm »
How many are up for re-election in 2020?
Kinda knew the answer, but found it
Of the twelve Republican senators who defied Trump, just one—Susan Collins, of Maine—is up for reëlection next year.
slack

hutch

« Reply #3709 on: March 16, 2019, 09:58:32 am »
Republicans aren’t exactly a profile in courage, are they?!?

« Reply #3711 on: March 26, 2019, 03:11:37 pm »
we knew this was going to happen...
https://www.businessinsider.com/house-fails-override-trump-veto-national-emergency-declaration-border-wall-2019-3

Trump is having the best week of his presidency
slack

« Reply #3712 on: March 27, 2019, 10:37:39 pm »
this really sounds like a onion headline

Hollywood's most outspoken Trump supporter, #JonVoight, is charged with handling the administration and maintenance of the Kennedy Center.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3713 on: March 28, 2019, 08:43:59 am »
this really sounds like a onion headline

Hollywood's most outspoken Trump supporter, #JonVoight, is charged with handling the administration and maintenance of the Kennedy Center.

The US Government owns the Kennedy Center. How is the news that Trump appoints Jon Voight as a trustee newsworthy? Jon Voight is a long time performance artist.

What I found weirder was he also appointed guitar slinger and creepy fundamentalist Christian Mike Huckabee.

Obama appointed a gaggle of Hollywood notables who supported him, so what is wrong with Trump appointing Voight?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/obama-names-caas-bryan-lourd-735828

President Barack Obama announced on Thursday that he is naming Hollywood super agent Bryan Lourd, a longtime supporter, to the board of trustees for the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.

Lourd will join several other Hollywood notables already serving on the board. They include entertainment attorney Charles B. Ortner, HBO exec Michael Lombardo and Scandal creator Shonda Rhimes.

« Reply #3714 on: March 28, 2019, 10:05:44 am »
mostly because Jon Voight is a not playing with a full deck and has said some pretty outrageous things (and is UBER-MAGA)

Only saving grace is that Jon has a history of being in and involved with the arts
so unlike other appointments...he at least has a little credibility in the field

so it is better than appointing ted nuget or kid rock (I'm sure he put those names out there to his inner circle) or some other hack who's spent his whole career taking funding from NEA or NPR

Yeah, I guess with the huckebee appointment we can look forward to more 'christian-friendly' performances, prayers said at commencement and the requirement that if a male dancer shows his package during a ballet performance, the director will be required to do 1 hail mary x the amount of times his pecker faces the crowd

slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3715 on: March 28, 2019, 10:10:35 am »
I don't think there will be any Hail Marys involved. Huckabee is the kind of Christian who thinks all Catholics are going to Hell.

« Reply #3716 on: March 28, 2019, 10:41:54 am »
I don't think there will be any Hail Marys involved. Huckabee is the kind of Christian who thinks all Catholics are going to Hell.
let's be clear...any mention of religious activities, doctrines and verses....have only been learned from 3rd party pop culture references in movies, books and the music of Nick Cave

I think I've probably only completed one passage from the bible

I guess I've been to weddings and funerals that have involved religious things...but I definitely phoned that participation in

One religious moment that did move me: I was in Charleston after the church murders and was with a crowd of locals when Obama did Amazing Grace...and I can honestly say it I had a moment...not sure if it was religious, but it came out of a religious setting
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3717 on: March 28, 2019, 11:09:53 am »
I went to a wedding at an Episcopal church like 2-3 years ago and it was very odd and in the middle everyone got up and started walking around and someone said "peace be unto you" and, hand to God, I stared at them blankly for a few seconds and then went "well, thank you" and then went to walk out the back. I was opening the door when the usher informed me the services were not over and everyone was going to sit back down in a minute. It was odd.
LVMH

« Reply #3718 on: March 28, 2019, 01:39:22 pm »

although..in somewhat surprising news
U.S. Supreme Court refuses to block Trump's gun 'bump stock' ban
this Conservative court still leans a little left...sometimes
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 01:41:11 pm by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>