Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 923275 times)

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #3720 on: March 28, 2019, 05:26:24 pm »
what's sad is they don't understand the role of journalists as the 4th estate
There is a big difference between what a journlist says, a private citizen says and an elected official says...

even sadder is they think satire should be prosecuted (SNL)

how did we become a banana republic
slack

« Reply #3721 on: March 29, 2019, 09:02:21 am »
after such a good week for Trump, was comforting to see these headlines of him retreating and looking weak

Trump Reverses Cuts to Great Lakes Cleanup

Trump reverses proposal to cut federal funding for Special Olympics

this one was a head scratcher....I thought he put Pence in charge of the Space Force
Trump and Moon to meet
slack

« Reply #3722 on: April 03, 2019, 08:21:55 am »
"You gotta be a little bit more paranoid than you are," Trump told Republican audience members. "We have to be a little bit careful, because I don't like the way the votes are being tallied. I don’t like it and you don’t like it either. You just don’t want to say it because you’re afraid of the press.”

methinks someone is setting the stage to contest the results of the election in 2020 if they don't like the results
this narrative really irks me more than most of the crazy shit he says
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #3723 on: April 03, 2019, 10:31:25 am »
Of course. Before the 2016 election, all he did was say that the system was rigged because he, like everybody else, assumed he was going to lose. Then he won and his blathering about the rigged system faded away. Now that's again staring a challenge in the face, the 2020 election, he's back on the 'rigged' language.

And of course shameless wiener republicans never call him out on it because all they care about is holding power and fucking over poor and foreign people.
oword

« Reply #3724 on: April 03, 2019, 10:41:54 am »
Then he won and his blathering about the rigged system faded away.
well didn't totally fade away...remeber this jem
The Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity (PEIC or PACEI), also called the Voter Fraud Commission, was a Presidential Commission established by Donald Trump that ran from May 11, 2017 to January 3, 2018.

November 28, 2016 Trump stated in a tweet, "In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally."Trump has repeatedly stated and implied that three to five million people voted illegally in the 2016 election.[
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3725 on: April 04, 2019, 04:52:48 pm »
I'm sorry i can't find the Onion thread, and i hope making fun of a black republican doesn't make me a racist.

Trump considers former pizza magnate Herman Cain for spot on the Federal Reserve

President Donald Trump is considering former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain for the Federal Reserve board, the latest indication that the president hopes to significantly alter the central bank's direction.

Trump will consider Cain for the post if the former Godfather’s Pizza CEO clears a background check, according to an administration official speaking on the condition of anonymity. Cain, known to millions of Americans for the “9-9-9” tax plan he touted during his 2012 run for the GOP presidential nomination, has repeatedly been accused of sexual harassment.

Trump, a fierce critic of the central bank, named Reagan-era economist Stephen Moore to a spot on the seven-member Federal Reserve board last month. Taken together, the appointments underscore Trump’s desire to make significant chances to Fed policy. Cain's potential appointment was first reported Thursday by Axios.

« Reply #3726 on: April 04, 2019, 05:25:45 pm »
so is he going to take the Fed Funds Rate to 9%

anyone can't be worse than dick-wad and grossly unqualified pundit Stephen Moore

Cain gets a lot of heat because he was the CEO of Godfather Pizza and just sounds like a punch line
but he's acutally qualified for the job!

Cain was chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Omaha Branch from 1989 to 1991 and other high level positions

althoug in this #metoo era...do we think those 5 accusations will come back out of the woodwork and jettison this ?
slack

hutch

« Reply #3727 on: April 04, 2019, 05:47:53 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3728 on: April 04, 2019, 08:08:11 pm »
Mysterious lender who gave Manafort $1 million concerned about political fallout

"He has been and remains extremely concerned that if his identity is revealed to he public, he will suffer grave damage to his business and personal relationships due to the unpopularity of President Trump and anyone closely associated with the President, such as Paul Manafort, in California, where he lives and does business," Thursday's court filing said."
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #3729 on: April 05, 2019, 12:28:16 pm »
If your anonymity meant so much to you, you probably should just let the unpaid debt go.  We'll call it "buying your anonymity."

But here's the more thoroughly researched back story to the CNN story:

Hollywood bit player had curious walk-on role in Manafort loan

"Through his movie work, Joey Rappa is linked to someone whose name has turned up in the course of the special counsel's investigation: Andrew Intrater, an American financier who is the cousin of Russian billionaire Viktor Vekselberg."

Maybe that's why he can't stay anonymous?

27>34

« Reply #3730 on: April 08, 2019, 11:53:04 am »
yikes Trump designates Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps as a Foreign Terrorist Organization

trust me I'm no friend of Iran and they have been a real disruptive in the Middle east with all their back channel financing...but not sure this is the best approach

double yikes on Iran's response
Iranian parliamentarian Seyed Jawad Sadatinejad told Iran's state-run FARS News on Saturday, "If any stupidity is carried out by the Americans, the Islamic Republic of Iran will practice reciprocity and designate the US military, which has killed many innocent people, to the list of terrorist groups." He said Iran could then treat US troops in the region the same way they treated terror groups like ISIS and Al-Qaeda, reports FARS News.

unrelated...but herd this gem too : Mulvaney vows Dems will 'never' see Trump's tax returns,
Any thoughts on this...they have been very good at doing what ever they want, but have been getting slapped by the courts more than once...it's those members of congress with the R that are enabling this...grr...gotta turn the news off for sanity
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:05:29 pm by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #3731 on: April 09, 2019, 11:01:57 am »
the COOCH is BACK! (wonder what rock they found him under?)

Ken Cuccinelli II, a former Virginia attorney general, is under consideration as Dept. of Homeland Security

Julie...I think you could probably make a good meme of him getting a transvaginal ultrasound

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 11:04:27 am by Sïdehätch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #3732 on: April 09, 2019, 04:07:41 pm »

Ben Carson for the 6 in a row!
but my money is on Wilbur Ross or Huckebee next
slack

« Reply #3733 on: April 11, 2019, 10:20:09 am »
yikes Trump designates Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps as a Foreign Terrorist Organization
now I get it.....“Thank you, my dear friend, President Donald Trump, for having decided to announce Iran’s Revolutionary Guard as a terrorist organization,” Netanyahu said in a tweet in Hebrew on Monday,

@realDonaldTrump
Spoke to Bibi @Netanyahu to congratulate him on a great and hard-fought win. The United States is with him and the People of Israel all the way!
slack

« Reply #3734 on: April 12, 2019, 09:30:22 am »
this is what I find one of the most unappealing part of how Team Trump operates.  There is always a 'stick it to ya' kind of delivery on everything.  The get off on being mean-spirited asshats...and the base LOVES it. 

"White House officials have tried to pressure U.S. immigration authorities to release detainees onto the streets of “sanctuary cities” to retaliate against President Trump’s political adversaries, according to Department of Homeland Security officials and email messages reviewed by The Washington Post."
slack