Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 899270 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 10:47:37 am »
And I'll use my 4,001st post to call you a big dummy!
I'm glad you used your 4,001st post on this inanity.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2015, 10:50:39 am »
He actually sold me on tuning in, though I'll have to watch it on a laptop.

Relaxer

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2015, 01:45:13 pm »
Holy crap, this debate is going to be 3 hours long  :o
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2015, 03:11:52 pm »
it'll take a lot of weed to get through this thing...
<sig>

walk,on,by

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 04:02:15 pm »
who has the best chance after trump to replace trump after trump is suddenly not liked anymore, or is it really possible at this point that trump will become the trump nominee and maybe even the next trump president?  there are people I talk to who don,t care that he doesn,t know anything about the job or has any experience at all.  they say, he,s a business man and they have people behind the scenes who run the show anyway for the trump president.  people want a character for president over a serious stiff this time; people want the president from a movie.  I think he's really going to have to say something beyond coming back from, to lose, at this point.

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2015, 04:04:41 pm »
there are people I talk to who don,t care that he doesn,t know anything about the job or has any experience at all.  they say, they have people behind the scenes who run the show anyway for the president.  people want a character for president over a serious stiff this time; people want the president from a movie. 
Wait, Reagan is back from the dead and running again?
LVMH

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 04:06:17 pm »
there are people I talk to who don,t care that he doesn,t know anything about the job or has any experience at all.  they say, they have people behind the scenes who run the show anyway for the president.  people want a character for president over a serious stiff this time; people want the president from a movie. 
In an ironic twist, Arnold is taking over the Apprentice (or should that have gone on the Prestige tv thread)
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2015, 04:06:58 pm »

trump president just came, that you compared him to Reagan president.

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2015, 04:08:48 pm »
In an ironic twist, Arnold is taking over the Apprentice (or should that have gone on the Prestige tv thread)
Reality TV is the antithesis of prestige television.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2015, 04:15:30 pm »

You just won my vote!
oword

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2015, 04:15:56 pm »

You just won my vote!
You're banned from bodybuilding for five years.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2015, 04:21:42 pm »
who has the best chance after trump to replace trump after trump is suddenly not liked anymore, or is it really possible at this point that trump will become the trump nominee and maybe even the next trump president?  there are people I talk to who don,t care that he doesn,t know anything about the job or has any experience at all.  they say, he,s a business man and they have people behind the scenes who run the show anyway for the trump president.  people want a character for president over a serious stiff this time; people want the president from a movie.  I think he's really going to have to say something beyond coming back from, to lose, at this point.

I know this is the conventional wisdom, but I just cannot see Trump winning the nomination. At some point, he's going to be confronted with questions about what he would actually DO as president. And even if he gets some ghost-written "positions" he's going to have a Perry moment where someone questions him on "his" positions and he'll have no idea. I mean, the guy has zero shame so maybe he can blowhard past that, but at some point, this has to catch up with him. Doesn't it? I mean, he's defied all the laws of politics for months now, but I just cannot see The Establishment allowing him to be the nominee.

And if/when he goes down, who replaces him depends on who's left. Jeb and Rubio seem like the most mainstream options but it feels like Jeb is slowly flaming out and joining Walker and Paul in the LOL category.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2015, 04:23:44 pm »

You just won my vote!
You're banned from bodybuilding for five years.

Man, lots of gym bros smoke the weed. Zero calories/trans fats! All you need to do is have the MENTAL WILLPOWER and STRENGTH and DISCIPLINE to avoid crappy snacks when you get the munchies. Munch on some OVERHEAD DELT CABLE FLIES INSTEAD.
oword

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2015, 04:25:09 pm »
And if/when he goes down, who replaces him depends on who's left. Jeb and Rubio seem like the most mainstream options but it feels like Jeb is slowly flaming out and joining Walker and Paul in the LOL category.
I really thought it was going to be Walker. At this point, I think it's Rubio or Carson.
LVMH

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2015, 04:25:42 pm »
Man, lots of gym bros smoke the weed. Zero calories/trans fats! All you need to do is have the MENTAL WILLPOWER and STRENGTH and DISCIPLINE to avoid crappy snacks when you get the munchies. Munch on some OVERHEAD DELT CABLE FLIES INSTEAD.
I was parodying that kickboxing dude who just got suspended for 5 years for "performance enhancing" weed.
LVMH