Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904538 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2015, 01:09:30 pm »
The Pope inspired him to do it.

Wouldn't the pope be all in favor of defunding Planned Parenthood?

Why would he want to defund an org that reduces abortion?
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2015, 01:18:23 pm »

Probably just the 3% that goes to Abortion, of which none is Federal Funding, so maybe he gets it's just a sham? 

He's already begun the papal backtrack on contraception and family planning in developing countries, so I don't think he really cares one bit about the Congressional grandstanding....
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2015, 01:35:51 pm »

Probably just the 3% that goes to Abortion, of which none is Federal Funding, so maybe he gets it's just a sham? 

He's already begun the papal backtrack on contraception and family planning in developing countries, so I don't think he really cares one bit about the Congressional grandstanding....

Your 3% figure is meaningless and silly.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/05/07/_3_percent_of_planned_parenthood_s_services_are_abortion_but_what_about.html

vansmack

« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2015, 03:04:58 pm »

Make it 100%, I don't care.  Doesn't change the premise - the Hyde Amendment means no Federal dollars can be used...
27>34

ggw

« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2015, 03:12:34 pm »

Make it 100%, I don't care.  Doesn't change the premise - the Hyde Amendment means no Federal dollars can be used...

Which is exactly why they should spin off the baby-killing arm into an independent standalone entity funded through private donations.  Then the de-funders wouldn't have a case.

« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2015, 03:33:40 pm »

Which is exactly why they should spin off the baby-killing arm into an independent standalone entity funded through private donations.  Then the de-funders wouldn't have a case.
kinda been my thinking too...but I guess the fear is that if they split it off it will be an easier target with little room to defend it's reason for being (against the religious right that is)
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2015, 03:55:15 pm »

Gee, what objective rhetoric you use in calling it their baby-killing arm. I prefer to call it The Safe Place for Women's Private Choices.
oword

ggw

« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2015, 04:03:26 pm »

Gee, what objective rhetoric you use in calling it their baby-killing arm. I prefer to call it The Safe Place for Women's Private Choices.

I am objectively in favor of ready access to the Private Choice.  A lot of positive externalities to killing the unwanted ones.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2015, 09:15:58 pm »
nothing will placate the opponents of planned parenthood, including a non-profit governance maneuver
o/\o

shemptiness

« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2015, 03:21:55 pm »

ggw

« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2015, 05:20:26 pm »
Looks like Space Freely's views are in the mainstream.....in North Carolina.

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/09/29/new-poll-finds-anti-muslim-sentiment-frighteningly-high/

Space Freely

« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2015, 05:31:22 pm »
Looks like Space Freely's views are in the mainstream.....in North Carolina.

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/09/29/new-poll-finds-anti-muslim-sentiment-frighteningly-high/

If you're going to attempt to post something that speaks for me, you'd be better off posting this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLN9ZHNA_3c

Note: Ben Stiller is my guy, not Casey Kasem.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:33:13 pm by Space Freely »

walk,on,by

« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2015, 05:32:36 pm »
America, has to always hate someone.  first it was black people, then jewish people, then women people, then gay people, then fat people, now muslim people.  I wonder, who will be next.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2015, 05:37:48 pm »
I wonder, who will be next.

comma-abusing people.
<sig>