Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904764 times)

walk,on,by

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2015, 05:39:01 pm »
damn

Space Freely

« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2015, 06:13:07 pm »
America, has to always hate someone.  first it was black people, then jewish people, then women people, then gay people, then fat people, now muslim people.  I wonder, who will be next.

Socilalists and Atheists get the least love. Followed by Muslims, evengelical Christians, and gays.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/20/ben-carson-says-a-muslim-shouldnt-be-president-many-americans-agree/

« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2015, 06:57:14 pm »
damn
I know, you seem to be getting it from all sides in the past week
slack

« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2015, 06:59:21 pm »
America, has to always hate someone.  first it was black people, then jewish people, then women people, then gay people, then fat people, now muslim people.  I wonder, who will be next.

Socilalists and Atheists get the least love. Followed by Muslims, evengelical Christians, and gays.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/20/ben-carson-says-a-muslim-shouldnt-be-president-many-americans-agree/

the good thing about being a socilalist atheist is they are hard to pick out in a line up
but they do tend to be found in coffee shops, so avoid them when the witch hunts begin
slack

« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2015, 09:27:21 am »
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2015, 02:13:41 pm »
Maybe we should just elect Carson president

Ryssdal: Assuming you win, and we have in January of 2017, President Carson, what is your government going to look like?

Carson: Well it?s going to look like something that is looking out for every segment of our society. It?s going to be a government that recognizes that we only have 330 million people, and we?re competing on a global scale, global stage against China, India, both of whom have over a billion people. We need to maximize the potential of every single one of our people. You know, we need to understand that education is the great divide in our nation. There?s going to be a much more emphasis on educational choice. Also, recognizing that if we get defense wrong, nothing else matters, because we live in a hostile world. So you?re going to see our military capabilities improve quite substantially. You?re going to see us really taking care of our veterans rather than just talking about it. Recognizing that we have a 14 percent decrease in people applying for our volunteer military. That?s going to hurt us badly in the long run. You?re going to see us concentrating on our vulnerabilities, like our electrical grid, which is woefully vulnerable right now, from a number of possibilities. You?re going to see us beef up our cyber capabilities substantially, you?re going to see us respond to people who attack us in a way that they will never forget. You're going to see us get back into space, understanding that so many inventions came out of the space program. We cannot get behind in innovation, and in the future, he who controls space controls the Earth.

You're going to see much more proactive stance towards someone like Putin, you know, we're going to be much more active throughout the whole Baltic basin area, Eastern Europe, we're going to reestablish missile defense program, we're going to have more than one or two armored brigades in that area. We're gonna stand up to him, every place in the Middle East, we're not gonna back down. We're going to use our energy resources in an appropriate way, get rid of the energy exportation rules uh, that are archaic, put into place in the 1970s. We don't need those anymore. We're going to use the EPA to work with business, industry and academia to find the cleanest, most environmentally friendly ways to exploit our tremendous energy resources. We're going to use those to make Europe dependent on us for energy rather than Putin, put him back in his little box where he belongs. We're going to be taking a whole geopolitical strategy that is proactive, and not reactive.

Ryssdal: And just so I'm clear, you're going to do this while balancing the budget, not raising the debt and cutting the size of the government?

Carson: Exactly.

Ryssdal: OK.
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2015, 02:21:09 pm »
The most absurd thing in that is his idea that the US will, one day, be the natural resources provider for Europe instead of Russia and the middle East. That's just so insane it betrays a complete lack of understanding of geography and simple science.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2015, 02:24:10 pm »
so who's the bigger clown - trump or carson?
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2015, 02:34:22 pm »

I mean, they're both rapeshit crazy stupid mess-making idiots, but at least Trump is entertaining. Carson is one of those people who has perfected the art of confident delivery. He just seems so sure of what he's saying with his pronouncements of how easy it would be to make American great again. So if you don't want to think very hard -- which describes many, many Republicans -- then it's easy to say, well I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.
oword

« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2015, 02:37:05 pm »

I mean, they're both rapeshit crazy stupid mess-making idiots, but at least Trump is entertaining. Carson is one of those people who has perfected the art of confident delivery. He just seems so sure of what he's saying with his pronouncements of how easy it would be to make American great again. So if you don't want to think very hard -- which describes many, many Republicans -- then it's easy to say, well I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.
I was going to type up something very similar to this. Carson is definitely the more "dangerous" candidate because some people actually believe there's substance there opposed to Trump. But that really doesn't address Sweet's question. Dangerous =/= crazy.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2015, 02:44:41 pm »
But I think the overall narrative on Trump is that he's a buffoon who doesn't really take this all very seriously. I just cannot imagine that Trump becomes the GOP nominee. There's too much out there on him, and he's constantly at risk of going nuclear in a debate or an interview. But Carson is more of a smiling enigma that never seems to get ruffled. I don't think he'd survive the scrutiny either, but there's something chilling about him.

Honestly, Walker was the one I feared the most until he face-planted. Man, that guy is such a dweeb.
oword

« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2015, 02:50:29 pm »
Honestly, Walker was the one I feared the most until he face-planted. Man, that guy is such a dweeb.
If you told me Scott Walker wasn't going to be the nominee a year ago (sans scandal, dying, etc) I would've ate my hat. He really was the one person they could run out there who could win a national election. Of course, they then ate themselves as they are wont to do of late.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2015, 02:53:28 pm »
If you told me Scott Walker wasn't going to be the nominee a year ago (sans scandal, dying, etc) I would've ate my hat. He really was the one person they could run out there who could win a national election. Of course, they then ate themselves as they are wont to do of late.

Would this country really elect someone without a college degree?

Relaxer

« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2015, 02:55:31 pm »

"Fuck you"
oword

« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2015, 02:58:54 pm »
Would this country really elect someone without a college degree?
There are entire swaths of this country where "college educated" is a slur.

I put the odds of a non-college educated President astronomically higher than a gay, religious affiliation non-Christian*, vegetarian/vegan, or atheist President in 2016.

* - To clarify I mean "openly" non-one of those things. Someone who doesn't really believe in the Bible but attends church on camera and calls themselves a Christian counts as "Christian" for these purposes.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:01:33 pm by Carlos Spicyweiner, a Julian®©? BRAND »
LVMH