Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 921114 times)

killsaly

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #345 on: December 09, 2015, 07:38:29 pm »
/

walk,on,by

« Reply #346 on: December 09, 2015, 08:58:42 pm »
Ouch . . . A backslash, on a new page.

hutch

« Reply #347 on: December 10, 2015, 09:48:50 am »
Hey everybody look at my HUUUUUUUGE poll numbers!!!!

Space Freely

« Reply #348 on: December 10, 2015, 10:14:00 am »
At what point do we start droning him, now that we have identified his as the true enemy?

Pretty hypocritical that folks in England wants to ban the bigot Donald Trump but they let Anjem Choudary spend his every day in their country. But I guess Trump is the true enemy.

Space Freely

« Reply #349 on: December 10, 2015, 11:30:30 am »
I think GGW previously posited this idea:

Is Trump Working for Hillary?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/428222/donald-trump-hillary-clinton

Relaxer

« Reply #350 on: December 10, 2015, 11:39:50 am »
Nah, there's no way he's doing this for the benefit of the Democrats or for anything other than elevating himself. He's someone who needs to be loved and seen as THE BEST, and if he's smart enough to be manipulating his public persona, then he's smart enough to see how badly he's damaging his 'brand'. And his brand is the most important thing in the whole world to him. I can't imagine he'd allow that to be tarnished in the service of someone else.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #351 on: December 10, 2015, 11:58:02 am »
trump won't get the nomination, he'll launch a third-party bid, splits the conservative vote, hillary wins.

the alternative is that he does get the nom and hillary still wins as he's un-electable.  zero chance that a majority of swing voters will pick him and a good chuck of republicans won't turn up on election day.
<sig>

« Reply #352 on: December 10, 2015, 12:05:34 pm »
trump won't get the nomination, he'll launch a third-party bid, splits the conservative vote, hillary wins.
That's been my dream scenario since day one

Clinton would have never won with out Perot
although there are a lot who argue that wasn't the case I kinda disagree
slack

hutch

« Reply #353 on: December 10, 2015, 01:54:01 pm »
Trump has no chance of ever being elected President but long may he run....rooting for him to get nomination...

I think the Republican party is in a pickle...

Only way they can get rid of him now is to after him so hard making it easy for him to justify a third party run... remember he always said he expected to be "treated fairly"

so if they go hard he runs as an indie and hurts Republicans just a little bit more.. if they don't go hard he looks like he could well get nomination..

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #354 on: December 10, 2015, 01:59:31 pm »

Probably the most important thing I've ever posted. Anyone who argues fat acceptance is basically a terrorist.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #355 on: December 10, 2015, 02:05:51 pm »
Ouch . . . A backslash, on a new page.
I know right?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #356 on: December 10, 2015, 03:02:01 pm »
Trumpism is a natural consequence of the GOP refusing to moderate on taxes or immigration
http://www.vox.com/2015/12/10/9882762/trump-missing-white-voters

"Trump is frightening Republicans in part because he's "showing them what it takes" to run and win as the party of disaffected white people in an increasingly nonwhite country. They don't like what they see, but as a movement they've committed to the kind of political strategy that he was pursuing ? a strategy built around the notion that the 2012 election featured a pile of "missing" white voters who could be activated to push the GOP to victory without it needing to do anything to broaden its demographic appeal."
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #357 on: December 10, 2015, 03:10:40 pm »
Trumpism is a natural consequence of the GOP refusing to moderate on taxes or immigration
http://www.vox.com/2015/12/10/9882762/trump-missing-white-voters

"Trump is frightening Republicans in part because he's "showing them what it takes" to run and win as the party of disaffected white people in an increasingly nonwhite country. They don't like what they see, but as a movement they've committed to the kind of political strategy that he was pursuing ? a strategy built around the notion that the 2012 election featured a pile of "missing" white voters who could be activated to push the GOP to victory without it needing to do anything to broaden its demographic appeal."

That's funny, because I've read arguments that Trump's far right stance on Islamic Extremism is a result of Obama not having one.

Space Freely

« Reply #358 on: December 10, 2015, 03:12:58 pm »
I guess what Sidehatch is arguing is that we must let in the woman from Saudi cause we don't know if she is running away from persecution or not so she could be?

Preposterous.... you could make the case that anybody fleeing Saudi was running away from persecution so with that nonsense reasoning we must let in any Saudi...

There's one Saudi I'd let in for sure...Raif Badawi.

Can we please trade Donald Trump for this guy?

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2015/12/10/saudi-blogger-raif-badawi-on-hunger-strike-after-prison-transfer.html

« Reply #359 on: December 11, 2015, 01:08:09 pm »
since KV won't let me post in the Fascist tread...I'll have to put this here

I asked 5 fascism experts whether Donald Trump is a fascist. Here's what they said.
slack