Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904732 times)

walk,on,by

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #360 on: December 11, 2015, 02:41:26 pm »
don't you feel this theory about whether Donald Trump being a fascist is flawed . . . due to the simple fact, that we cannot see the future of Donald trump and what he would and could do as president.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #361 on: December 11, 2015, 03:16:32 pm »
Donald Trump Really Doesn?t Want Me to Tell You This, But ?

great slideshow of the history of his hair (hairography?) at the end of the article.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #362 on: December 14, 2015, 11:06:15 am »
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #363 on: December 14, 2015, 11:14:28 am »
I think we already posted this, but I just watched it again this morning and it is SO GOOD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbi7jNI1yOQ
oword

« Reply #364 on: December 14, 2015, 11:48:07 am »
since this is the de-facto politics thread...I'll put this here

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #366 on: December 14, 2015, 04:13:50 pm »
media bullshit..
fromthis point on don't believe anything the media says about trump as they are fixated on taking himdown...

personally I hope they take him down and the republicans get cruz...talk about unelectable.. and yes he is a maniac

Relaxer

« Reply #367 on: December 14, 2015, 04:24:52 pm »
Cruz's views are legitimately frightening and awful, but unlike Trump, Cruz actually understands how to win an election. Trump thinks he can just show up, promise the world, demonize his opposition, and sail to victory. Cruz understands how you win elections at the grassroots level. The post had a very interesting article this weekend about how Cruz is being extremely savvy with data mining of Republicans.

I will say though that I don't understand at all what you mean by "don't believe anything the media says about Trump." When you say "the media" who exactly do you mean? The media -- as in, news-reporting media, not pundits or op-edders or Fox News heads -- are the only ones showing what a lying megalomaniac Trump is.

I mean, Trump's base love him because they see him as honest and "one of us" and he is absolutely, positively neither of those things. It's really incredible.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #368 on: December 14, 2015, 04:29:00 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDyOGIGFtfM

Here's a Trump supporter.

The beauty of it is that she is lying, lying, lying herself, as she's a member of the state House.
oword

« Reply #369 on: December 14, 2015, 04:31:09 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDyOGIGFtfM

Here's a Trump supporter.

The beauty of it is that she is lying, lying, lying herself, as she's a member of the state House.
^ that was scary
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #370 on: December 14, 2015, 04:36:09 pm »
Call it the Republican establishment's nightmare scenario.

The GOP establishment, confronted by a recalcitrant electorate that refuses to leave Donald Trump, is being forced to take a fresh look at Ted Cruz, a man with grassroots strength in key early primary states and few friends in Washington.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/14/politics/ted-cruz-donald-trump-republican-establishment/index.html

killsaly

« Reply #371 on: December 14, 2015, 04:36:17 pm »
She must not be a real Trump supporter because that article from above says:
They say they do not believe everything he says. They know he is lying in order to get his issues addressed.

hutch

« Reply #372 on: December 14, 2015, 04:55:04 pm »
Cruz's views are legitimately frightening and awful, but unlike Trump, Cruz actually understands how to win an election. 

Cruz has zero chance.. less chance than even Trump of winning the election.. his views are way way extreme right.. Trump is actually fairly moderate... once people beginning looking into Cruz they are going to be scared.. he is a "maniac"

Relaxer

« Reply #373 on: December 14, 2015, 05:01:42 pm »
Cruz's views are legitimately frightening and awful, but unlike Trump, Cruz actually understands how to win an election. 

Cruz has zero chance.. less chance than even Trump of winning the election.. his views are way way extreme right.. Trump is actually fairly moderate... once people beginning looking into Cruz they are going to be scared.. he is a "maniac"

Correction -- Trump *was* fairly moderate. Have you heard about his latest proposals about forcibly evicting 10+ million people from the country, building a Berlin Wall along a 1,500-mile border, implementing religious litmus tests at our borders, bombing multiple locations around the world, etc?
oword

hutch

« Reply #374 on: December 14, 2015, 06:30:53 pm »

Correction -- Trump *was* fairly moderate. Have you heard about his latest proposals about forcibly evicting 10+ million people from the country, building a Berlin Wall along a 1,500-mile border, implementing religious litmus tests at our borders, bombing multiple locations around the world, etc?

he doesn't believe any of that and would do none of it....just saying it to get votes... I guess that makes him a demagogue though...