Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904962 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #915 on: February 28, 2016, 02:17:47 pm »
I didn't put down Sanders myself..

« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:32:27 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #916 on: February 28, 2016, 02:37:29 pm »
not sure
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:32:01 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #917 on: February 28, 2016, 02:54:06 pm »
I don't know
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:31:51 pm by hutch »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #918 on: February 28, 2016, 04:48:28 pm »
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Resigns From DNC Post, Endorses Bernie Sanders

Because the DNC has not been running a fair campaign for all candidates. They had clearly locked their support behind Clinton months ago and they will not allow any dissent from their members.
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #919 on: February 28, 2016, 04:56:00 pm »
I think there have been more than enough debates.. how many more debates and townhalls can we have? Isn't there another one coming up later this week? I actually think, if anything, we should have LESS debates... its silly to have a debate every week..

The general election will have three debates.. and it is of far more consequence.. yet some people seem to feel the primaries should have 20?? That is silly...

Moreover, the idea that Sanders can't get himself known with all the media attention (he's been on TV like all the time!), the ads he's been running (IN NH he vastly outspent her), etc seems silly to me

just silly .. all very silly...silly season..

Sanders problem isn't "bias" on the part of the DNC.. its that his message just isn't that popular outside of NH.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 05:11:27 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #921 on: February 29, 2016, 12:47:22 am »
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard Resigns From DNC Post, Endorses Bernie Sanders

Because the DNC has not been running a fair campaign for all candidates. They had clearly locked their support behind Clinton months ago and they will not allow any dissent from their members.

the issue of the superdelegates in particular.. its like people don't inform themselves before regurtitating Fox News talking points.. if you want to see a conspiracy you will

superdelegates can change their mind.. if Sanders wins some states you'd see some superdelegates switch to uncommited and eventually if he kept winning they would support him.. nobody is going to win the nomination without a majority of the elected delegates.. yet the way they report it it sounds like Hillary is up 600 superdelegates and don't explain what that means.. the superdelegates aren't binding.. their vote would only matter in a convention that was deadlocked....and by then who knows what the superdelegates will do? does anybody think for example, if Hillary lost the next 48 primaries/caucuses that she woud retain the support of the "superdelegates" of course not.....

do people in the democratic party suppor the Clintons? Of course! That is because the Clintons rocked it in the 90s and Hillary has done great since then, barely lost the nod last time and then her and Bill worked hard to get Obama elected and reelected...  that HAS to count for something, no?

a lot of this anti-hillary stuff that is being spread around is just plain false or shows a lack of understanding of how things work..

the fact is Sanders lost South Carolina, Nevada and Iowa and only won NH which borders his home state... if you are a democrat you know full well that without the black vote no democrat will be elected so you should be worried about the fact that Sanders got less than 10% of the black vote in SC... now if you want to talk about conspiracies and superdelegates and ignore the voice of , you know, the actual voters well be my guest but it just seems really stupid..

I'm done talking about this issue of Hillary-Sanders. I like Bernie but I'm supporting Hillary and its not because I'm not a real democrat or there is some conspiracy... I just like her better for many many reasons... the way Sanders supporters treat Hillary and her supporters is really insulting but its not going to stop me from liking Bernie..He's a good man.. His supporters unfortunately are seriously deluded.

hutch

« Reply #922 on: February 29, 2016, 12:56:05 am »
ok enough arguing. lets get back to the fun.... so how do we do Super Tuesday predictions? Do we just pick who wins each state on both sides? DO we do 1 2 3 in each state? Do we pick the number of delegates each candiddate wins (this seems hard as different states apportion them in different way..)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #923 on: February 29, 2016, 09:46:08 am »
I posted this on FB but for the benefit of those who don't have me on their feed: two clean-shaven guys knocked on my door yesterday and started in about how they wanted to talk to me about "the future" and a man who can change everything and I cut them off and thanked them for coming but assured them I was familiar with the Book of Mormon and was not interested. I was met with agape jaws and, after a few seconds of silence, was informed they were with the Bernie Sanders campaign. Whoops.
LVMH

« Reply #924 on: February 29, 2016, 09:46:50 am »
ok enough arguing. lets get back to the fun.... so how do we do Super Tuesday predictions? Do we just pick who wins each state on both sides? DO we do 1 2 3 in each state? Do we pick the number of delegates each candiddate wins (this seems hard as different states apportion them in different way..)
Dem side: Hillary wins all of them except Vermont. Oklahoma is the closest at 52-48. GOP picks at lunch.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #925 on: February 29, 2016, 09:59:36 am »
I posted this on FB but for the benefit of those who don't have me on their feed: two clean-shaven guys knocked on my door yesterday and started in about how they wanted to talk to me about "the future" and a man who can change everything and I cut them off and thanked them for coming but assured them I was familiar with the Book of Mormon and was not interested. I was met with agape jaws and, after a few seconds of silence, was informed they were with the Bernie Sanders campaign. Whoops.

Good on them for knowing their audience enough to shave (and bathe) for likely the first time in months before presenting themselves to you.

« Reply #926 on: February 29, 2016, 10:04:04 am »

Good on them for knowing their audience enough to shave (and bathe) for likely the first time in months before presenting themselves to you.
Other then no name tags, they really did look like LDS missionaries. I wasn't trying to funny, I really thought they were.
LVMH

« Reply #927 on: February 29, 2016, 10:06:50 am »
Other then no name tags, they really did look like LDS missionaries. I wasn't trying to funny, I really thought they were.

Were they wearing white button downs w/short selves and a black tie (possibly a bike helmet too)
but that was pretty funny
slack

hutch

« Reply #928 on: February 29, 2016, 10:20:57 am »

I got some real weird robo poll which must have been a Rubio poll... the robot wanted to know how much impact a Bush, Romney and someone else- can't remember- endorsement would have.. they really wanted to know if Trump dropped out who I would vote for.. it kept asking me if I would vote for Cruz or Rubio- went into a loop and kept asking same question- but I froze and couldn't push a button as I wouldn't vote for either ever no matter what...I didn't know what to do or where to appeal for help...finally the robot gave up and hung up on me...I was kind of insulted..

Space Freely

« Reply #929 on: February 29, 2016, 10:26:56 am »

I got some real weird robo poll which must have been a Rubio poll... the robot wanted to know how much impact a Bush, Romney and someone else- can't remember- endorsement would have.. they really wanted to know if Trump dropped out who I would vote for.. it kept asking me if I would vote for Cruz or Rubio- went into a loop and kept asking same question- but I froze and couldn't push a button as I wouldn't vote for either ever no matter what...I didn't know what to do or where to appeal for help...finally the robot gave up and hung up on me...I was kind of insulted..

Was the robot wearing white button downs w/short selves and a black tie (possibly a bike helmet too)?