Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904517 times)

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #960 on: March 03, 2016, 11:19:08 am »
There's a typo on that. Under Pros for Hillary it doesn't say "Is the most qualified candidate in the history of American politics" and "An ability to get her agenda passed." And for some reason under Cons, it lists "Hillary." Very shoddy meme-making.
so when slobbering over Hillary's phallus, do you pay attention to the balls?
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #961 on: March 03, 2016, 11:25:09 am »
as strong as Hillary did in the primary, and as strong as trump did in the primary, I feel a battle with them vs each other for the prize, will be good.  I cant tell who will win, at this point.  the hate for the other, is strong from both fronts.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #962 on: March 03, 2016, 11:32:46 am »
as strong as Hillary did in the primary, and as strong as trump did in the primary, I feel a battle with them vs each other for the prize, will be good.  I cant tell who will win, at this point.  the hate for the other, is strong from both fronts.
Trump has a double-digit negative favorability rating with Independents and a strong chance that the GOP would mount a conservative third party candidate against him. I think Hillary clears 400 electoral votes.
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #963 on: March 03, 2016, 11:35:16 am »
do you think if the republicans gave in and let trump battle hillster, trump would win?  or is wise that the pubs shoot for someone else?

« Reply #964 on: March 03, 2016, 11:36:16 am »
man I would have a tough time in this primary
in this one I'd go for Clinton
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #965 on: March 03, 2016, 11:40:55 am »
do you think if the republicans gave in and let trump battle hillster, trump would win?  or is wise that the pubs shoot for someone else?
No, I think he would lose either way. These sort of favorability ratings are virtually impossible to overcome in the General Election. You cannot lose Democrats by 75% and Independents by 20% (and stoke high turn out among Latinos and African-Americans with his jingoistic, racist rhetoric) and hope to win. There simply aren't enough Republicans out there.

If a more traditional GOP candidate goes third-party, that's when we get into historical electoral numbers for Hillary.
LVMH

bob72

« Reply #966 on: March 03, 2016, 12:26:31 pm »
so I had a disagreement with someone in my office regarding people's dislike of Hillary. I think it's because she's a Clit on, and he thinks it's because she's a woman.

What's the general population's view on this?
PENIS

« Reply #967 on: March 03, 2016, 12:30:53 pm »
so I had a disagreement with someone in my office regarding people's dislike of Hillary. I think it's because she's a Clit on, and he thinks it's because she's a woman.

Well if you are a registered republican...that's pretty much the argument
not on actual experience or platforms, the mantra is 'we will and always will hate Hillary"
never really a discussion of why

Which is why it is so nice that it's pretty much a lock she'll be the next one at 1600 Penn
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #968 on: March 03, 2016, 12:48:54 pm »

i believe that the general population's view is that hillary is just another establishment politician with a mixed to positive record.  some of these people like her, some dislike her.  if you believe the polls, more people like her than don't.

those who hate hate hate hillary are the right-wingnuts and they'll pick any one of 10 reasons to hate her.   she's a woman, she's a clinton, she's a liberal... the actual reason doesn't matter. hate for her is right up there with obama: these two could cure cancer and create a 20 million high-paying jobs and this bunch of mouth-breathers will still hate them.  the problem is that this bunch is disproportionately vocal and, more often than not, in positions of authority within the GOP.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #969 on: March 03, 2016, 12:56:54 pm »
My wife hates Hillary (and supports Bernie) because she says Hillary is a liar and a phony.

My mom hates Hillary (and supports Cruz) because she says Hillary is a liar and a phony.

It's always great when your spouse and their mother-in-law see eye to eye on something.

Space Freely

« Reply #970 on: March 03, 2016, 12:59:04 pm »
man I would have a tough time in this primary
in this one I'd go for Clinton

I preferred that joke when it was done with George Clinton and COLONEL Sanders, because I have no idea who the second guy pictured is.

vansmack

« Reply #971 on: March 03, 2016, 01:01:16 pm »
Trump has a double-digit negative favorability rating with Independents and a strong chance that the GOP would mount a conservative third party candidate against him. I think Hillary clears 400 electoral votes.

This is pretty close.  I think we're looking at Bush v Dukakis numbers, but not quite Reagan v Mondale.  I don't rule out Trump doing something completely insane and making this Mondalesque however....
27>34

killsaly

« Reply #972 on: March 03, 2016, 01:11:58 pm »
I preferred that joke when it was done with George Clinton and COLONEL Sanders, because I have no idea who the second guy pictured is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharoah_Sanders

vansmack

« Reply #973 on: March 03, 2016, 01:18:20 pm »
My wife hates Hillary (and supports Bernie) because she says Hillary is a liar and a phony.

My mom hates Hillary (and supports Cruz) because she says Hillary is a liar and a phony.

What states do they live in?  Because that's all that matters...
27>34

hutch

« Reply #974 on: March 03, 2016, 02:10:23 pm »
how people feel today could well change in a few months...

for example those hypothetical matchup numbes are worthless..

I think if the economy keeps growing and adding jobs and we don't suffer any more terrorist attacks, come the fall, its going to be hard to see people voting Republican for the presidency..... Lets think..what if the economy adds 200,000 jobs on average for the next 8 months.. on top of the jobs already added..

I differ from the concensus in that I think Trump could be a far bigger threat to Hillary than Cruz or Rubio... I could see him doing well in MI, OH, PA.. certainly taking NH.. he makes the map bigger for the Repubicans.. otherwise they are stuck with the same crummy game of absolutely having to win OH etc...