Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904828 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #975 on: March 03, 2016, 02:20:29 pm »
What states do you see him adding to in play for the GOP? NH is always a swing state as-is.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #976 on: March 03, 2016, 02:25:05 pm »
PA, MI.. .. he would make it really hard on the democrats to take OH or FL....

Lets think about that: how does Hillary get elected without OH and FL?

I'd have to do some legwork on NY... I'm skeptical about Trump's chances there..

this is all assuming the current GOP game of comparing him to the antichrist ends fairly soon.. it will take a toll..it is taking a toll..  obviously if your own party is saying you are the antichrist/Hitler its going to be hard to win anything.....

« Reply #977 on: March 03, 2016, 02:35:00 pm »
I don't think MI is in play, personally.

I would argue PA, OH, and FL are all "in-play" in any election. I mean, those are the general big swing states that decide every election of my lifetime.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #978 on: March 03, 2016, 02:36:31 pm »
I don't think MI is in play, personally.

I would argue PA, OH, and FL are all "in-play" in any election. I mean, those are the general big swing states that decide every election of my lifetime.

OH and FL are in play always. not PA or MI

I think they would be in play with Trump.. its all personal opinion at this point...

« Reply #979 on: March 03, 2016, 02:38:05 pm »
Lets think about that: how does Hillary get elected without OH and FL?
Big Ten country (minus IN and OH) + Virginia + Nevada, hypothetically.
LVMH

« Reply #980 on: March 03, 2016, 02:44:46 pm »

I think they would be in play with Trump.. its all personal opinion at this point...
I was mistakenly remembering PA as voting for Bush 2 at least one time, but after further review, you are correct, they have not voted for a GOP candidate since 88. So hypothetically, yes, if Trump makes MI and PA legitimately "in play", that would be changing the map.

That said (and back to your point that its just personal opinion/conjecture at this point), I really do not see him making a serious run at those states.

And again, the thing people really aren't talking about enough is the very real prospect that if Trump does get through the convention with the nomination that a GOP-establishment candidate files as a third-party candidate. A third party candidate taking even 5% nationally obliterates Trump's chance of winning any swing state.
LVMH

« Reply #981 on: March 03, 2016, 04:16:10 pm »
keepin it classy in Texas
 Robert Morrow the elected chair of the Republican Party in Travis County, Texas

couldn't find the image of the one where he calls Clinton an Angry Bull Dyke
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:20:26 pm by Sidehatch ★ |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ❄️ »
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #982 on: March 03, 2016, 04:36:23 pm »
with male pattern baldness, that he is so trying to hide . . . id be that mad, too.

« Reply #983 on: March 03, 2016, 04:43:51 pm »
with male pattern baldness, that he is so trying to hide . . . id be that mad, too.
I was tempted to make a comment about that, thank you for saying what I was thinking

got to be closeted with his homosexualized commentary
slack

hutch

« Reply #984 on: March 03, 2016, 04:50:52 pm »

I was mistakenly remembering PA as voting for Bush 2 at least one time, but after further review, you are correct, they have not voted for a GOP candidate since 88. So hypothetically, yes, if Trump makes MI and PA legitimately "in play", that would be changing the map.

That said (and back to your point that its just personal opinion/conjecture at this point), I really do not see him making a serious run at those states.

And again, the thing people really aren't talking about enough is the very real prospect that if Trump does get through the convention with the nomination that a GOP-establishment candidate files as a third-party candidate. A third party candidate taking even 5% nationally obliterates Trump's chance of winning any swing state.

obviously if the GOP fields an anti-Trump candidate Hillary will be elected... I think we don't talk about that because its obvious...

its hard to see how the Republicans win at this point.. if they decide to go in against Trump as they are doing they will seriously weaken him/are weakening him for the fall even if they then decide to support him and nominate him... if they don't nominate him he will run 3rd party.. if the do nominate him but field an alternative they will lose....

the millions of people who voted for him were already angry...

« Reply #985 on: March 03, 2016, 04:57:18 pm »
its hard to see how the Republicans win at this point..
I know and it makes me happy to have them eat their hat with their obstruction on the supreme court nom...wait for the next president...Ha!

What I'm interested in is...how is this going to impact congressional elections?
I would say it would favor the dems...but will it be enough to switch the dominance in both halls
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #986 on: March 03, 2016, 05:14:08 pm »
Hillary is very strong in supporting down-stream candidates and has a long record of it. Bernie has very little concept of it and isn't thinking along those lines at all. Which worried me when everyone was #feelingthebern but now I feel like things are looking Hillary's way, as long as she doesn't get indicted.

God, can you imagine the GOP Convention if Trump gets enough votes to be the nominee? I mean, it will be literally breathtaking.
oword

« Reply #987 on: March 03, 2016, 05:16:10 pm »
I feel like things are looking Hillary's way, as long as she doesn't get indicted.
that does scare me and god knows they are trying as hard as they can to squeeze blood from that stone
slack

« Reply #988 on: March 03, 2016, 05:31:55 pm »
I would say it would favor the dems...but will it be enough to switch the dominance in both halls
Senate, probably. The House? No chance in hell.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #989 on: March 03, 2016, 08:17:27 pm »
per the twitter, the delusion is running high.... Romney is hoping to block trump at the convention and either him or ryan will be the brokered candiate...  okey dokey
T.Rex