Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904520 times)

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #1020 on: March 04, 2016, 04:01:01 pm »
Cool.  We're recreating the Republican Debate in here,
POTW

BTW...hutch has really small fingers
slack

hutch

« Reply #1021 on: March 04, 2016, 04:03:25 pm »
Cool.  We're recreating the Republican Debate in here,
POTW

they tell me i have beauuuuuutiful hands..

but you're short...little sidehatch

betao

« Reply #1022 on: March 04, 2016, 04:03:58 pm »
Cool.  We're recreating the Republican Debate in here, just like Trump wants.

all of the posts have to come in at the exact same time, as if they're trying to talk/post over each other, for this to be a full replication of last night's debate.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1023 on: March 04, 2016, 04:04:01 pm »
It's funny, Sweetcell and I were just talking earlier this week about how he is the Donald Trump of the board. It's really quite errie the resemblance in their characters. Blowhard assholes, completely untethered by any facts, who talk for the edification of hearing their own voice.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1024 on: March 04, 2016, 04:08:14 pm »
I think part of the problem is that there is this mind set that "American lives matter more than peoples lives in developing countries"

Unless you have family and friends in developing countries, who wouldn't be of that opinion?

because I'm human and I care about the welfare of others that I'm not family or friends with

You care about the welfare of a stranger in a far-flung foreign land as much as you care about the welfare of someone from your own family?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1025 on: March 04, 2016, 04:11:23 pm »
I think part of the problem is that there is this mind set that "American lives matter more than peoples lives in developing countries"

Unless you have family and friends in developing countries, who wouldn't be of that opinion?

because I'm human and I care about the welfare of others that I'm not family or friends with

You care about the welfare of a stranger in a far-flung foreign land as much as you care about the welfare of someone from your own family?
You're conflating two things. I care about my family more than a stranger not because my family is from America and the stranger is not, but because I personally know them. The same is true if the stranger is from Oregon. One's affection for those they are closest to is generally not a byproduct of jingoism.

OTOH, the idea that a stranger from the US should be favored over a stranger from another country, like Sidehatch is talking about, is pure nationalism. Apples, oranges.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1026 on: March 04, 2016, 04:14:59 pm »

You're conflating two things. I care about my family more than a stranger not because my family is from America and the stranger is not, but because I personally know them. The same is true if the stranger is from Oregon. One's affection for those they are closest to is generally not a byproduct of jingoism.

OTOH, the idea that a stranger from the US should be favored over a stranger from another country, like Sidehatch is talking about, is pure nationalism. Apples, oranges.

All things equal, I have no problem giving preference to my fellow American over a stranger from foreign land.

« Reply #1027 on: March 04, 2016, 04:16:02 pm »

always hard to say this, but I think jules got it right here
Of course I care more about my friends and family (although seems hutch and I are contradicting that statement)....but I don't think that the lives of other humans on this planet are worthless
I think that a lot of people and corporations really don't care and think that their welfare is of little concern
slack

« Reply #1028 on: March 04, 2016, 04:47:36 pm »

All things equal, I have no problem giving preference to my fellow American over a stranger from foreign land.
but you are making it like it's Sophie's choice
Why can you care about your friends, family, Americans and other humans around the world?
and just because they aren't related to you or live on your block...how can you in good conscience be ok with them being treated like subhumans...just so you can have cheap t-shirts and iphones

slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1029 on: March 04, 2016, 04:50:53 pm »

but you are making it like it's Sophie's choice
Why can you care about your friends, family, Americans and other humans around the world?
and just because they aren't related to you or live on your block...how can you in good conscience be ok with them being treated like subhumans...just so you can have cheap t-shirts and iphones

I never said I was ok with anyone being treated as subhumans. I just said that American lives matter more to me than those in developing nations.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1030 on: March 04, 2016, 05:04:58 pm »
[unintelligible yelling]
😐 🎶

« Reply #1031 on: March 04, 2016, 05:30:38 pm »
just like Trump wants.
I didn't quite get this...do you think Trump wants us to anything other than vote for him and not scrutinize anything he says?
slack

hutch

« Reply #1032 on: March 04, 2016, 05:41:32 pm »
It's funny, Sweetcell and I were just talking earlier this week about how he is the Donald Trump of the board. It's really quite errie the resemblance in their characters. Blowhard assholes, completely untethered by any facts, who talk for the edification of hearing their own voice.

well its a rather thankless job, evidently, but somebody has to do it... ;D

hutch

« Reply #1033 on: March 04, 2016, 05:51:26 pm »
earlier this week my kid's K class had an informal mock election.. sounds like Hillary got 8 Cruz 7 Rubio 5 Trump 1

I was proud of my son for voting for me...

« Reply #1034 on: March 04, 2016, 05:53:28 pm »
earlier this week my kid's K class had an informal mock election.. sounds like Hillary got 8 Cruz 7 Rubio 5 Trump 1

I was proud of my son for voting for me...
was Bernie even on the ballot?!
slack