Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925428 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #1500 on: July 08, 2016, 06:17:14 pm »
I tend to agree with the Kraut except one thing doesn't add up.. Why did the FBI Director see as necessary to spend 14 minutes telling us all the terrible things Hillary did IF his recommendation was not to prosecute? By doing that he basically undermined his conclusion.... He would have been better served by saying "We examined the case and have determined there is no reason to prosecute..." End of story. Instead he spends 14 minutes outlining all the reasons she should be prosecuted only to decide at the end she should not by letting her off the hook with the "there was no intent.." rejoinder...I guess we'll never know the truth...but I think he did the FBI a great disservice by giving the appearance that they acted in a politically expedient manner....Even as a Hillary supporter I'd have more respect for Comey if he had concluded that there was reason to prosecute based on his 14 minute spiel... or the 14 minutes should have been spent explaining why there was no reason to prosecute..

http://www.investors.com/politics/columnists/charles-krauthammer-why-comey-did-what-he-did/

anybody have any good explanation?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1501 on: July 08, 2016, 07:18:41 pm »
Because he's a known Republican who has donated to multiple GOP candidates. He was trying to blow her up.

Despite that, many GOP members are acting like he's a Hillary staffer.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1502 on: July 08, 2016, 07:26:36 pm »
Because he's a known Republican who has donated to multiple GOP candidates. He was trying to blow her up.

Despite that, many GOP members are acting like he's a Hillary staffer.

yeah but if he was trying to blow her up- and that is very possible- why not say there was reason to prosecute?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1503 on: July 09, 2016, 02:01:05 pm »
I had read elsewhere that Rice and Powell did similar things during their terms. If you prosecute one then you have to prosecute the others, otherwise it's purely for political reasons, though I don't know if the previous secretaries' malfeasance rose to the same level as Clinton's. Also, a conviction would be very difficult to get if Clinton could show that she and/or her staff were misinformed or uninformed about particular regulations and any changes to them (to accommodate new technology, more security, etc.).

Shorter Comey: Dagnabbit, we almost had her!
😐 🎶

« Reply #1504 on: July 11, 2016, 02:10:46 pm »
?I have many, many black friends. Nice people. My favorite black American woman friend just won Wimbledon??
 ? Donald Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

?No, no, no. I am not your black American woman friend. Stop saying that. Stop thinking that. Just stop.?
 ? Serena Williams (@serenawilliams)
slack

« Reply #1505 on: July 12, 2016, 09:03:26 am »
so any bets on VP picks
think this Pence guy has a chance after newt started talking sense about race relations?
slack

« Reply #1506 on: July 12, 2016, 09:06:33 am »
so any bets on VP picks
think this Pence guy has a chance after newt started talking sense about race relations?
I think if he goes with one of four he's publicly floated -- and the possibility for Trump to go total left-field and name someone no one has mentioned is high -- its Pence. Think Newt is out after saying things that are sane and cogent.

Hillary, I'd put 2-1 odds on Tim Kaine, 4-1 on Elizabeth Warren and 10-1 on field.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1507 on: July 12, 2016, 09:10:57 am »
I hope Hillary campaign goes with Kaine.... secure VA where she is already holding comfy lead... same in FL (comfy)...

if Hillary wins VA and FL Trump would have to almost run the table including PA and every toss up state BUT NV... think about that..  a very tall order.... the only thing going for him Trump has is the House which in a 269 tie would break his way.... which is why H would  need NV and NM is not enough (Unless she can take CD in NE)

but yeah if H can win VA and FL and she looks comfortably up she could lose almost every contested state and still win!

the map is so much in favor of H that it would take a seachange for her to lose if she can secure VA and FL which I think is very realistic.. so if I was her I would pick Kaine...

hutch

« Reply #1508 on: July 12, 2016, 09:12:56 am »
I saw Flynn on MOrning JOe.. please lord let him pick Flynn.. very inarticulate... horrible guest... he kept sayin "I beleive" and "I really believe"

terrible

« Reply #1509 on: July 12, 2016, 09:18:51 am »
yeah Kaine has been emailing me as of late, not sure if my spam filter was getting them before

What about Mark Warner for getting VA?
not been floated, but I like the guy

Also...while I think EW is the bee's knees, I think it would not be the best pick?
we have to realize that we are not going for the lefties in the General, we are going for those Eggplants who typically flip a coin to vote for president

I really hope we can get a groundswell this year on getting the vote out
that is probably one of my biggest gripes is how poor turnout is for Democrats
I hope a really big effort is put in to win back house and senate seats
I'd like to think that Trump is really hurting some of those races
I'm hoping that plays to the dems advantage
slack

« Reply #1510 on: July 12, 2016, 09:19:06 am »
the map is so much in favor of H that it would take a seachange for her to lose if she can secure VA and FL which I think is very realistic.. so if I was her I would pick Kaine...
I think Hillary has a better chance of winning Georgia than losing Virginia.
LVMH

« Reply #1511 on: July 12, 2016, 09:20:57 am »
I think Hillary has a better chance of winning Georgia than losing Virginia.
all depends on the NoVa turnout
but I agree...don't even think that you can call VA purple anymore...I think it's becoming indigo
slack

« Reply #1512 on: July 12, 2016, 09:23:51 am »
but yeah if H can win VA and FL and she looks comfortably up she could lose almost every contested state and still win!
I'm sure you agree but if Hillary wins VA and FL it speaks to larger national and demographic trends  that all but assure she will take 75% of the contested states (i. e. if she takes Va and FL, she's winning Pennsylvania and Nevada by extremely comfortable margins and Ohio by around the amount she takes FL).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:28:06 am by Julian, Authenticated LUXUROPHILE »
LVMH

« Reply #1513 on: July 12, 2016, 09:27:18 am »
What about Mark Warner for getting VA?
not been floated, but I like the guy
If you would've told me 4 years ago that a former VA governor was getting a VP nom, I would've bet you every cent in my wallet it would've been Warner.

Also...while I think EW is the bee's knees, I think it would not be the best pick?
we have to realize that we are not going for the lefties in the General, we are going for those Eggplants who typically flip a coin to vote for president.
They're get-out-the-vote candidates for different demographic groups. If EW, she's trying to get young, white liberals (i. e. Bernie supporters) out en masse, and if its Tim Kaine, she's trying to tamp down Trumps margin of victory among baby boomer whites while also trying to drive up turnout numbers among Hispanics. Both can play the attack dog role well. Tomato, tomatoe.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:34:49 am by Julian, Authenticated LUXUROPHILE »
LVMH

« Reply #1514 on: July 12, 2016, 09:34:23 am »
Interesting poll number of the day: Hillary is closer in Mississippi -- MISSISSIPPI!! -- than Trump is in Virginia or Pennsylvania.

Second most interesting poll number of the day: Hillary is within 2% in Georgia, a state that has not voted for a Democrat in a statewide election (aside from Zell Miller) in 24 years.

In other words, the Trump campaign is doing swimmingly.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:37:51 am by Julian, Authenticated LUXUROPHILE »
LVMH