Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925384 times)

vansmack

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #1635 on: July 19, 2016, 11:57:51 am »
great diversionary tactic! 

It really is too bad because we should be talking about the RickRoll.

As a speech writer, I had to tip my cap.  Then throw up in it.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1636 on: July 19, 2016, 12:06:46 pm »
Donald Trump?s 60 Minutes interview left me wondering if he even wants to be president

"Trump is getting obvious questions, and he?s not even pretending to have answers. It?s like he?s not even trying."

(given that his supporters might not even care what he says, why would he bother trying...)
I could honestly see him pull out of the race in October if he's down 5+ points and use the excuse he didn't want to put his family through "crooked Hillary's character attacks" or some bull. He's pure egotism; I don't honestly believe he actively wants to be President of the US.
LVMH

« Reply #1637 on: July 19, 2016, 12:23:39 pm »
He's pure egotism; I don't honestly believe he actively wants to be President of the US.
agreed...this is all brand promotion...at the expense of the GOP party
slack

hutch

« Reply #1638 on: July 19, 2016, 01:01:52 pm »
oh I don't know.. I think he really wants to be elected president...but, yeah, sometimes it looks almost intentional...

« Reply #1639 on: July 19, 2016, 01:11:44 pm »
oh I don't know.. I think he really wants to be elected president...but, yeah, sometimes it looks almost intentional...
I think he would like to be elected President. I don't think he actually wants to be President. I highly suspect his narcissism will not actually allow him to lose an election.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1640 on: July 19, 2016, 01:45:26 pm »
I think he would like to be elected President. I don't think he actually wants to be President. I highly suspect his narcissism will not actually allow him to lose an election.

but if you think about it "being President" as far as he sees it is the dream job.. you're #1 and everyone has to kiss your ass.... 

« Reply #1641 on: July 19, 2016, 02:49:54 pm »
man only a day after the logo is public...they removed it

because by Saturday morning the logo had completely vanished. Trump and his conservative minions had scrubbed the image.

They are really losing the media game as of late
slack

« Reply #1642 on: July 19, 2016, 03:06:41 pm »
love the Coachella rif
but they did get the dates way off??
everything else is spot on
slack

« Reply #1643 on: July 19, 2016, 03:18:49 pm »
kinda wish this was real....I posted the one with FAKE on it so there was no question

slack

hutch

« Reply #1644 on: July 19, 2016, 03:29:02 pm »
It is truly amazing and kind of maddening to hear people like RNC Spokestooge Sean Spicer arguing it was not plagiarism... I mean I don't really care all that much but they sound like lunatics.. even the Fox news interviewer (Shepard whatever is his name) seems stunned.. interviewers don't know how to confront these bold faced lies.. its like "I know you're lying, you know you're lying....ooooooooooook"

Its like the sun doesn't come out and you have somebody working for Trump saying "Its sunny!!! LOOK UP!!!"

I mean WTF?

« Reply #1645 on: July 19, 2016, 03:31:39 pm »
All of this plagiarism kerfuffle is just obscuring the real scandal at day 1 of the convention. . .

What!? American whisky not good enough for you, Lou Holtz?! We gotta build a wall to stop that Canadian trash from crossing the border! Smacks, you're a Notre Dame guy: you have any defense of this!?

/s
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1646 on: July 19, 2016, 03:37:50 pm »
old people sometimes start to border senility... people need to not put these people up there.. Clint Eastwood was the same...old people say crazy shit.... its sad.. getting old.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1647 on: July 19, 2016, 03:51:08 pm »
Classic stuff here

Forgetting which Twitter acct one is logged with, complete with DOJ Press release

http://gizmodo.com/justice-department-tweet-calls-cnn-biggest-troll-of-the-1783909936
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1648 on: July 19, 2016, 03:53:16 pm »
but if you think about it "being President" as far as he sees it is the dream job.. you're #1 and everyone has to kiss your ass.... 

i agree that trump probably thinks this.  i also suspect that the reality of the job would quickly have him running out of 1600 Penn:

Trump: i am declaring war on ISIS - NOW!!!
WH staffer: you can't do that sir, it requires an act of congress.
T: fine, let's build the border wall - NOW!!!
WHS: no can do, the House is withholding funds
T: eff them, i'm going to put my whole family on the Supreme Court bench!!!
WHS: first you need vacancies, sir, then the Senate would need to confirm them - not going to happen.
T: then let's renegotiate our deal with the chinese!
WHS: the chinese don't want to negotiate, sir, they're happy with the status quo.  also, working this through the WTO will take years.
T: ok, let's get kids to learn about making great deals in school!
WHS: that's a state issue, sir, you can only issue guidelines.
T: screw the lot of you, imma gonna go for a walk and let my adoring public adore me
WHS: that's a security risk, sir, we can't let you leave the white house grounds without days of advance planning.
T: THIS JOB SUCKS, I'M OUTTA HERE. WHERE'S MY HELICOPTER?!?
WHS:  Marine One or your personal one, sir?

(on a slightly more serious note: Freakonomics Radio: How Much Does the President Really Matter? - download the podcast or read the transcript.  summary: the prez is probably less powerful than you think.  and: if anyone is looking for an interesting podcast to subscribe to, you could do much worse than Freakonomics)
<sig>

« Reply #1649 on: July 19, 2016, 03:56:10 pm »
T: screw the lot of you, imma gonna go for a walk and let my adoring public adore me
WHS: that's a security risk, sir, we can't let you leave the white house grounds without days of advance planning.
T: THIS JOB SUCKS, I'M OUTTA HERE. WHERE'S MY HELICOPTER?!?
WHS:  Marine One or your personal one, sir?
This brings up an interesting point: can anyone actually see Trump legit living in the White House for 4 years? I would imagine in a hypothetical Trump presidency, less than 200 night actually spent in the WH. He'd try to "run the country" from Trump Tower, you just know it.
LVMH