Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925458 times)

vansmack

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #1785 on: July 31, 2016, 02:59:24 pm »
Every time I think he can't get any crueler, he does something even more jaw dropping.

I can't believe she had to write this:

Ghazala Khan on her Silence 
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1786 on: August 01, 2016, 01:02:28 pm »
The current polls also are showing trumps convention bump. They're not recent enough to do the same for the Dems yet. How about we wait a week before acting like the sky is falling?
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-clintons-bounce-appears-bigger-than-trumps/

Hey, look at that, the sky isn't falling.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1787 on: August 01, 2016, 02:18:44 pm »
I'm currently staying at a hotel where I have a direct straight on view of this.

My daughter won't stop derogatorily screaming "TRUMP!"

Thankfully the view does not also include the Christian Scientist Church also seen in this pic.

hutch

« Reply #1788 on: August 01, 2016, 02:32:15 pm »
The current polls also are showing trumps convention bump. They're not recent enough to do the same for the Dems yet. How about we wait a week before acting like the sky is falling?
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-clintons-bounce-appears-bigger-than-trumps/

Hey, look at that, the sky isn't falling.

I think some of her support is really soft (3-5% of her polling number).. and still a lot of undecided people mulling a third party vote as an option.. its remarkable just how damaged Hillary is.. she should be trouncing him by 10 points easily...

I think we need to wait a few more weeks to know  but it looks ilke after the conventions all that happened is we may be reverting back to the pre-convention numbers... with Hillary holding a small but significant and strategic lead...

I couldn't stand Trump any more and donated some money before the quarterly deadline last night.. I kind of feel like a chump when I donate to politiicians but sometimes I feel I have to....If Trump where to win I'd have to seriously consider leaving.. I know someone wrote above that that was an immature response but I'm not so sure.. I lived through a lot of the Bush years and it was just awful.... nobody ever accomplished much marching against him or his wars..... just like during the Reagan years not much was accomplishedd by the opposition....

I went to a small gathering- to call it a party would be too much- on Saturday night and one person I had not met before was saying that it was in the bag.. no way Trump could win.. I'm not so sure and I think erring on the side of caution is a good approach....

I think about phone banking for Hillary but knowing how much so many despise him I just can't see doing it... a lot of people just hate getting those calls! I'm not sure one actually convinces anyone!

One thing is for sure, whoever wins its going to be ugly.. if Hillary wins Republicans are going to be so angry and mean.. and if Trump wins.. well I already said I could not handle that and I dont' think I'm alone....

vansmack

« Reply #1789 on: August 01, 2016, 02:40:44 pm »
I have been ruminating on this for a couple days.  Very likely that I take the book on vacation this weekend:

Trump: Tribune Of Poor White People

An interview with JD Vance, author of Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and a Culture in Crisis
27>34

hutch

« Reply #1790 on: August 01, 2016, 02:45:38 pm »
I guess thinking about it some more maybe I could do phone banking in Spanish...make sure people are registered and know where and when to vote?  that might help the campaign and its hard to envision Latinos hating Hillary as much as many others seem to...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1791 on: August 01, 2016, 02:48:28 pm »
I guess thinking about it some more maybe I could do phone banking in Spanish...make sure people are registered and know where and when to vote?  that might help the campaign and its hard to envision Latinos hating Hillary as much as many others seem to...

they might like her, but that doesn't mean that they'll go out and vote.  getting on a phone bank to make voting as easy as possible (making sure hey're registered, know where to go, have the right documents on hand, etc) would be a great contribution.  especially if you call voters in a swing state.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #1792 on: August 01, 2016, 02:50:44 pm »

they might like her, but that doesn't mean that they'll go out and vote.  getting on a phone bank to make voting as easy as possible (making sure hey're registered, know where to go, have the right documents on hand, etc) would be a great contribution.  especially if you call voters in a swing state.

yeah... that is what I am thinking....I will look into it...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1793 on: August 01, 2016, 02:51:53 pm »
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1794 on: August 01, 2016, 03:03:26 pm »
😐 🎶

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #1795 on: August 01, 2016, 03:04:17 pm »

I think about phone banking for Hillary but knowing how much so many despise him I just can't see doing it... a lot of people just hate getting those calls! I'm not sure one actually convinces anyone!

Usually all front line phone bankers are doing is identifying people that are on the fence between two candidates.   Once they are identified as such they get passed on to the heavy hitters for the hard sell.

That is likely all you will be doing.

vansmack

« Reply #1796 on: August 01, 2016, 03:06:02 pm »
#TrumpSacrafices

Among my favorites from the weekend, but I think it was this one:

Imagine what Republicans would have said if Obama featured his 5 kids from 3 different women at his convention in 2008...
27>34

hutch

« Reply #1797 on: August 01, 2016, 03:11:46 pm »

Usually all front line phone bankers are doing is identifying people that are on the fence between two candidates.   Once they are identified as such they get passed on to the heavy hitters for the hard sell.

That is likely all you will be doing.

when I did phone banking for Kerry in 04 I was calling people and it was a bitch.. many of the numbers didn't work, many people didn't want to hear from me... but that was a while ago... it was like panning for gold..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1798 on: August 01, 2016, 03:45:26 pm »
phone banking is definitely hard, thankless work.  but if enough people do it, it'll make a difference.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #1799 on: August 01, 2016, 03:49:16 pm »
I Probably did phone banking for O in 08 with my computer... so that was better.. for Kerry I had to do it from a movie theater in Dupont....how things have changed..

I'm into doing Latino outreach for H.. cause i'm kind of passionate about encouraging/helping Latinos to vote..i will look into it.