Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925381 times)

evilizac

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #1950 on: September 26, 2016, 01:19:10 pm »
I really don't understand this election cycle. .  .
I get it Hillary has been secretive, but it's apparently been a part of her character since her earliest days. It's probably a part of being a woman in and around the political field. 
Hillary's power hungry, but isn't anyone and everyone a little power hungry, is Donald Trump any less power hungry?
She's made a lot of money. . . Isn't that Trump's whole campaign?
The weirdest part I see is how in a way Trump is like a cartoon version of George W. Bush without the quaint compassionate conservativeism. People are literally saying he'll just surround himself with other people who will do the work. Or I'm voting for Pence. Maybe I'm wrong but the only thing I remember of the GWB years is a refund check that my family never received, years of war, and an economic bust.

People are multifaceted, and I can't see how Hillary can't better capitalize of the facet of her life and career that has seen her work very hard for others in this country. I can't believe that both her campaign and others opposed to Trump can't come up with anything better essentially than he's bad. That's not working, people don't care. People think that by voting Trump in they're making a militaristic statement that will somehow revolutionize this country by any means necessary.
WHAT?

hutch

« Reply #1951 on: September 26, 2016, 01:55:21 pm »
totally agree... just pointing out the million Trump lies or saying he is a racist Hitler is just not working.... Its hard to believe that with all the money and paid consultants Hillary campaign has they can't do better... They're running against a guy who has virtually been a one man campaign and didn't even run any ads for months

the dilbert creator has done a pretty good job of explaining trump.. .

i think at this point what it comes down to is people seem to have decided they are sick and tired of hillary and just don't like her very much... all Trump has to do is demonstrate he is a plausible president.. in other words its more about people not liking Hillary than anything else...it doesn't matter the bazillion crazy and horrible things trump has said and done if people are sick and tired of Hillary... the "favorability rating" which Hillary and Trump are both really low but Hillary is up in doesn't seem to do much for her.. the Obama approval rating which is quite high seems to matter not.. the economy strengthening and creating jobs month after month seems to matter not....and one could go on listing all the reasons Hillary should be able to make a good argument for herself.... maybe if she stopped simply running as an anti-Trump "he has to be stopped" candiddate and spent more time on policy and running on her record she'd do better.... every single Hillary tv ad i have seen is basically little kids or old vets watching Trump say stupid shit.... well its obviously not working.... and if the campaign doesn't do some kind of reboot soon they will be in trouble.. heck, based on the latest polls they are in trouble...   they seem to just be set in this pattern of trying to find dirt on Trump  (as if there isn't enough disqualifying shit out there that is not disqualifying him),  calling Trump a racist and begging for money to run more anti-Trump ads, and waiting for Trump to say something crazy... I fear without a strong performance tonight where she puts him in his place/exposes him the bottom could fall out of her campaign...

take the debates.. HRC and her campaign are making a big deal about the moderators calling Trump out on his lies.. WTF? just have a good debate and call him a liar to his face all night while stating some FUCKING POLICY people like..  don't wait for fucking Lester Holt to go "ugh actually Mr Trump..".. and definitely don't act "nice" if a fake affable Trump shows up... cause tomorrow Trump will be back to being a jerkoff and this is your chance to confront him one on one.

take the debate prep... we got the HRC emphasizing for weeks that she is preparing for the debates.. meanwhile Trump says he is not preparing.... she comes in looking like a politician.. he comes in looking like a regular honest joe...  (BTW I am sure Trump is preparing but its smart for him to say he is not.. and its kind of dumb in my opinion for HRC and her camp to keep telling us she is locked away preparing and preparing for different Trump's including "affable Trump"?? WTF?)

i'm pretty ticked off at HRC campaign right now...I wont' even mention all the stupid fundraising emails i get from her about how the sky is falling and Trump is leading in this poll or that.. very inspiring HRC! well its not my fucking fault he is leading in the polls.. you've spent hundreds of millions of dollars on ads more than he has. do a better fucking job as a candidate.

Space Freely

« Reply #1952 on: September 26, 2016, 03:19:15 pm »
You make it sound like they (the Dems) should have went with Bernie. Or any plausible candidate.

hutch

« Reply #1953 on: September 26, 2016, 05:29:22 pm »
You make it sound like they (the Dems) should have went with Bernie. Or any plausible candidate.

Sanders was the only other candidate so there were no other plausible candidates....also what is plausible one month can change very quickly...things are not static..

Space Freely

« Reply #1954 on: September 26, 2016, 07:37:25 pm »

Sanders was the only other candidate so there were no other plausible candidates....also what is plausible one month can change very quickly...things are not static..

Jim Webb was my preference. O'Malley was in it too. The hate factor would have been less for both.

hutch

« Reply #1955 on: September 26, 2016, 08:07:18 pm »

Jim Webb was my preference.

ugghhh

Space Freely

« Reply #1956 on: September 26, 2016, 10:59:02 pm »
Hillary  1
Donald 0
Lester -1

hutch

« Reply #1957 on: September 26, 2016, 11:54:57 pm »
Hillary  1
Donald 0
Lester -1

you're so pithy.

vansmack

« Reply #1958 on: September 27, 2016, 01:53:10 am »
Hillary  1
Donald 0
Lester -1

Don't forget Sean Hannity - 1
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #1959 on: September 27, 2016, 08:24:16 am »
Damn, I'm so tired. I was up all night trying to give Sean Hannity a call.

« Reply #1960 on: September 27, 2016, 09:13:16 am »

i did some "canvassing" for Hillary on Saturday.... here in North Arlington.... god I hate bothering people..... I've chipped in some money but I'm feeling less excited about chipping in money because it just seems like she has so much more than Trump....

Dude you need to come to South Arlington where the Latino Hutch Nation is.
I think just about everyone in N. Arl is going to vote and mostly for Hil
South you and your language skills could really help the Hillary campaign the most

and kudos for you for putting your money where your mouth is and doing something instead of just bitchin like everyone else
slack

« Reply #1961 on: September 27, 2016, 09:14:17 am »
Damn, I'm so tired. I was up all night trying to give Sean Hannity a call.
+1 space
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #1962 on: September 27, 2016, 09:56:13 am »
TRUMP: That's called business, by the way.

TRUMP: She talks about solar panels. We invested in a solar company, our country. That was a disaster. They lost plenty of money on that one.

TRUMP: And look at her website. You know what? It's no difference than this. She's telling us how to fight ISIS. Just go to her website. She tells you how to fight ISIS on her website. I don't think General Douglas MacArthur would like that too much.

TRUMP: Well, I'm really calling for major jobs, because the wealthy are going create tremendous jobs. They're going to expand their companies. They're going to do a tremendous job. I'm getting rid of the carried interest provision. And if you really look, it's not a tax -- it's really not a great thing for the wealthy. It's a great thing for the middle class. It's a great thing for companies to expand.

TRUMP: It shows income -- in fact, the income -- I just looked today -- the income is filed at $694 million for this past year, $694 million. If you would have told me I was going to make that 15 or 20 years ago, I would have been very surprised. [Later:] The other thing, I'm extremely underleveraged. The report that said $650 -- which, by the way, a lot of friends of mine that know my business say, boy, that's really not a lot of money. It's not a lot of money relative to what I had.

TRUMP: That makes me smart.

TRUMP: It would be squandered, too, believe me.

TRUMP: No, you're wrong. It went before a judge, who was a very against-police judge.

TRUMP: Ugh.

TRUMP: I'll tell you very -- well, just very simple to say. Sidney Blumenthal works for the campaign and close -- very close friend of Secretary Clinton. And her campaign manager, Patti Doyle, went to -- during the campaign, her campaign against President Obama, fought very hard. And you can go look it up, and you can check it out.

TRUMP: Well, it was very -- I say nothing. I say nothing, because I was able to get him to produce it. He should have produced it a long time before. I say nothing. But let me just tell you. When you talk about healing, I think that I've developed very, very good relationships over the last little while with the African-American community. I think you can see that. And I feel that they really wanted me to come to that conclusion. And I think I did a great job and a great service not only for the country, but even for the president, in getting him to produce his birth certificate.

TRUMP: I'll go one step further. In Palm Beach, Florida, tough community, a brilliant community, a wealthy community, probably the wealthiest community there is in the world, I opened a club, and really got great credit for it.

TRUMP: I don't think anybody knows it was Russia that broke into the DNC. She's saying Russia, Russia, Russia, but I don't -- maybe it was. I mean, it could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds, OK?

TRUMP: And when he -- excuse me. And that was before the war started. Sean Hannity said very strongly to me and other people -- he's willing to say it, but nobody wants to call him. I was against the war. He said, you used to have fights with me, because Sean was in favor of the war.

TRUMP: I have a much better -- she spent -- let me tell you -- she spent hundreds of millions of dollars on an advertising -- you know, they get Madison Avenue into a room, they put names -- oh, temperament, let's go after -- I think my strongest asset, maybe by far, is my temperament. I have a winning temperament. I know how to win. She does not have a...

TRUMP: Wait. The AFL-CIO the other day, behind the blue screen, I don't know who you were talking to, Secretary Clinton, but you were totally out of control.

TRUMP: I agree with her on one thing. The single greatest problem the world has is nuclear armament, nuclear weapons, not global warming, like you think and your -- your president thinks.

TRUMP: You know, Hillary is hitting me with tremendous commercials. Some of it's said in entertainment. Some of it's said -- somebody who's been very vicious to me, Rosie O'Donnell, I said very tough things to her, and I think everybody would agree that she deserves it and nobody feels sorry for her.
oword

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1963 on: September 27, 2016, 09:59:00 am »
Most of the "polls" I've seen on websites say he won the debate

what is wrong with this fucking country
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #1964 on: September 27, 2016, 10:12:22 am »