Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925572 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2025 on: October 12, 2016, 08:42:45 am »
I'm watching Utah with interest.. it seems Mormons have some moral backbone... latest poll

H 26
T 26
M 22

I would not be surprised if Trump loses Utah..  and Trump losing Utah I think would be independent of anything going on elsewhere.... pretty much every politician in that state has come out against him...

Kind of ironic that the followers of a religion invented by an illiterate polygamous huckster would have moral backbone....
And its exactly those type of critiques of their religion that make giant alarm bells go off for LDS members when a politician suggests religious credulity tests to allow people in/throw people out of the country.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #2026 on: October 12, 2016, 08:59:32 am »
I'm watching Utah with interest.. it seems Mormons have some moral backbone... latest poll

H 26
T 26
M 22

I would not be surprised if Trump loses Utah..  and Trump losing Utah I think would be independent of anything going on elsewhere.... pretty much every politician in that state has come out against him...

Kind of ironic that the followers of a religion invented by an illiterate polygamous huckster would have moral backbone....
And its exactly those type of critiques of their religion that make giant alarm bells go off for LDS members when a politician suggests religious credulity tests to allow people in/throw people out of the country.

In their ability to avoid the truth, it seems like both candidates would have an appeal to Mormons.  ;)

hutch

« Reply #2027 on: October 12, 2016, 11:12:32 am »
well I'm sure you found it by now but here is a link

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865664606/Poll-Trump-falls-into-tie-with-Clinton-among-Utah-voters.html

personally I think Utah and Mormons are showing some real backbone unlike the religious right/evangelicals...

I'm not going to get into a back and forth on the Mormon religion.. to me its just like any other religion: a cult..

vansmack

« Reply #2028 on: October 12, 2016, 01:55:50 pm »
Anybody who trusts one poll and not poll averages....
27>34

hutch

« Reply #2029 on: October 12, 2016, 02:11:20 pm »
true.  not saying one poll means Trump will lose Utah... but Trump himself has admitted to having trouble there.. and with so much of the Republican Party in Utah against Trump (Romney, Lee, etc.) and two different  third party candidates doing well the situation is fluid...

http://kutv.com/news/local/trump-admits-trouble-in-utah

« Reply #2030 on: October 13, 2016, 10:50:01 am »
slack

hutch

« Reply #2032 on: October 13, 2016, 06:25:28 pm »
I much prefer this  graph (look at the red line!) to Silver's % change of winning game..this really tells the tale of what has been going on the past few weeks..

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

But lets face it. people have serious reservations about HRC.. so all bets are off until the counting is done
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 06:28:23 pm by hutch »

vansmack

« Reply #2033 on: October 13, 2016, 06:32:09 pm »
When Trump brought Michelle into the mix at the second debate, I told the Mrs. "That's a mistake.  You do not want Michelle Obama on the campaign trail with her approval rating, let alone her speaking ability."

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/13/497846667/transcript-michelle-obamas-speech-on-donald-trumps-alleged-treatment-of-women
27>34

hutch

« Reply #2034 on: October 13, 2016, 06:46:19 pm »
When Trump brought Michelle into the mix at the second debate, I told the Mrs. "That's a mistake.  You do not want Michelle Obama on the campaign trail with her approval rating, let alone her speaking ability."

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/13/497846667/transcript-michelle-obamas-speech-on-donald-trumps-alleged-treatment-of-women

Huh, she would have been on the trail anyways.. Trump bringing her in had nothing to do with her giving a speech. The Obama's are going all out as everyone knew they would do...

hutch

« Reply #2035 on: October 14, 2016, 02:10:22 pm »
women coming out of the woodwork....

#TrumpIsCosby

moeszyslak

« Reply #2036 on: October 14, 2016, 02:22:30 pm »

#TrumpIsCosby

@barbisuperstar ?

hutch

« Reply #2037 on: October 14, 2016, 02:35:34 pm »

#TrumpIsCosby

@barbisuperstar ?

that's my twitter handle... i follow azaghal and kosmo and sidehatch

moeszyslak

« Reply #2038 on: October 14, 2016, 02:42:04 pm »

#TrumpIsCosby

@barbisuperstar ?

that's my twitter handle... i follow azaghal and kosmo and sidehatch

That hashtag was too good and I went straight to twitter to read more and saw the local post.  I feel like Nev & Max on Catfish making connections.

hutch

« Reply #2039 on: October 14, 2016, 02:51:46 pm »
its over.....