Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925374 times)

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2370 on: November 13, 2016, 10:16:53 pm »
Chappelle hosting SNL tonight should be interesting.
holy shit that opening was just unfucking believable
on so many levels
slack

Space Freely

hutch

« Reply #2372 on: November 14, 2016, 12:23:01 pm »
I guess I'm different.. i am in no mood to watch the CHappelle monologue or the hallellujah..and it will not amuse me....its not going to change the fact we have an anti-semite racist as Trump's right hand man in the White House (Bannon who I am convinced was his real campaign manager the last three months and not Kellyanne Conway who was more of a spokesperson).. but to people shocked by this I would say Trump won the election..what did you expect?

K8teebug

« Reply #2373 on: November 14, 2016, 12:41:52 pm »
The cold opening is both comforting and incredibly sad.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2374 on: November 14, 2016, 12:49:54 pm »
Blair students stage walkout to protest Trump.  Head to wheaton plaza food court.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/217384690-story

hutch

« Reply #2375 on: November 14, 2016, 01:12:30 pm »
man I did not want Trump as President either but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about these protests... probably negative..  there's a time and place for everything...

shemptiness

« Reply #2377 on: November 14, 2016, 01:40:52 pm »
Blair students stage walkout to protest Trump.  Head to wheaton plaza food court.

Someone posted it on my timeline - the vitriol is just sad.  This country is not in a good place.

Space Freely

« Reply #2378 on: November 14, 2016, 01:51:23 pm »

Someone posted it on my timeline - the vitriol is just sad.  This country is not in a good place.

And conservatives will blame Obama and Hillary for not speaking out more to calm the masses. When in reality what the masses need (for starters) is some major apologizing from Trump.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2381 on: November 14, 2016, 02:14:17 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2016/11/10/im-a-muslim-a-woman-and-an-immigrant-i-voted-for-trump/?postshare=5571478804916292&tid=ss_tw

No, THIS is sad.

I think she raises some fair points, but to think that Trump is the answer is sad. And stupid.

^ that is my summary of the entire election: ok, you're frustrated, you feel cheated... but: trump???  really?!?
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2382 on: November 14, 2016, 02:14:44 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2016/11/10/im-a-muslim-a-woman-and-an-immigrant-i-voted-for-trump/?postshare=5571478804916292&tid=ss_tw

No, THIS is sad.

I think she raises some fair points, but to think that Trump is the answer is sad. And stupid.
Super sad and super stupid, even with the fair, well-written points. It's INSANE this is where we are. On both sides.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #2383 on: November 14, 2016, 02:15:21 pm »
Trump doesn't want calm maybe.. they have a different model.. they want a permanent sense of agitation and to keep their base mobilized/stoked.... He'll probably be doing a dance the entire time.. keeping the base mobilized while trying to appear reasonable to the middle.. kind of like he campaigned.. with Bannon as his chief strategist/counsel shouldn't we expect things to continue... of course Priebus is there to guarantee some not crazy.. but Bannon behind the scenes will continue the crazy.. that would be my guess

its notable that in the end Hillary will have a fairly nice margin in the popular vote.. but that is not the way the game is played.. in the end there is so much to piece together but it does seem that she lost MI, WI and PA by small margins that if the black turnout had been there like it was for Obama would not have been the case.... but of course it was never going to be the case...still if we look at it dispassionately Hillary hardly campaigned in WI or MI... meanwhile she campaigned a ton in NC and the margin of her vote total there is only about 1-2% more than in GA.....You have to wonder how different the result would have been without a campaign...or the debates? They are obviously worse than useless...One can also blame Comey (as I have).. and the Obamacare hikes coming out two weeks before the election? WHo thoguht that one up?

K8teebug

« Reply #2384 on: November 14, 2016, 02:53:08 pm »
Also the first election since the voting rights act was gutted. I think many people also COULDN'T vote. Not to get to conspiracy about it, but I think this will also be a big story (if the press still exists).