Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 921839 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2596 on: December 07, 2016, 04:37:35 pm »
WHat did people expect?

I'm amused seeing all the outrage and concern by my liberal friends who during the campaign weren't "excited" about Hillary and didn't lift one finger to get her elected... now all of a sudden its a daily deluge of posts on Facebook expressing concern/outrage/disbelief... WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU THE PAST YEAR? Oh thats right...putting Hillary down.. saying "Oh they're the same..they're both bad..."

I'm actually more ticked off at my liberal friends these days than I am at conservatives..

I mean what did liberals expect? Is this a surprise of any sort at all??? Next thing liberals will be outraged about some conservative Trump nominates to the Supreme Court!

The same people freaking out are largely the ones who were "Oh I prefer Bernie, Hillary and Trump are both the same...both bad.. its like choosing the worst EVIL!" How many times did I hear this? Thousands?

Umm no.. Hillary would have appointed someone who gave a shit about the, you know, environment... to run the EPA.. she would not have appointed a bunch of Generals to run our national security and a bunch of billionaires to divide up our economy....she would have been GREAT. Not perfect but competent and representative of American values..

Anybody . .any liberal who thinks voting for Hillary or not having voted for Trump was doing enough.. no it was not.. suck it now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 04:39:13 pm by hutch »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2597 on: December 07, 2016, 04:43:52 pm »
Should we have moved to Collier county?

« Reply #2598 on: December 07, 2016, 04:53:22 pm »
...we need soros to fund a liberal Diaspora to the red states
slack

hutch

« Reply #2599 on: December 07, 2016, 04:59:50 pm »

plenty people could have done PLENTY... face it..one does not have to live in a certain area to help a campaign..I mean really? We have to move to red states? Have you heard of phonebanking, donating time to a campaign, donating money.. moreover, liberals just didn't like Hillary.. the progressive wing still does not.. Bernie tried out all the attack lines to the delight of the progressives and Trump kept running with them..... liberals were not enthused by Hillary and well.. now we got Trump...  but for those same liberals to be freaking out about each and every Trump appointment.. come on now.. you didn't care before the election but NOW you care about every step Trump takes even though he is not even President yet?

the data bears it out that democrats turned out less for Hillary than republicans did for Trump. ... Republicans fought this election like their lives depended on it.. democrats sat around laughing about Trump.. saying stupid shit like "hey lets not bother to spend money on the presidential election! its in the bag.." one could go on

the point is people shouldn't act all freaked out now...i mean are these Trump decisions a surprise? Did you expect him to appoint someone who cares about the environment?

Space Freely

« Reply #2600 on: December 07, 2016, 05:13:20 pm »

plenty people could have done PLENTY... face it..one does not have to live in a certain area to help a campaign..I mean really? We have to move to red states? Have you heard of phonebanking, donating time to a campaign, donating money.. moreover, liberals just didn't like Hillary.. the progressive wing still does not.. Bernie tried out all the attack lines to the delight of the progressives and Trump kept running with them..... liberals were not enthused by Hillary and well.. now we got Trump...  but for those same liberals to be freaking out about each and every Trump appointment.. come on now.. you didn't care before the election but NOW you care about every step Trump takes even though he is not even President yet?

the data bears it out that democrats turned out less for Hillary than republicans did for Trump. ... Republicans fought this election like their lives depended on it.. democrats sat around laughing about Trump.. saying stupid shit like "hey lets not bother to spend money on the presidential election! its in the bag.." one could go on

the point is people shouldn't act all freaked out now...i mean are these Trump decisions a surprise? Did you expect him to appoint someone who cares about the environment?

Who said that? The Democrats outspent the Republicans by a huge margin, right?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #2601 on: December 07, 2016, 05:17:54 pm »
Hillary won the popular vote by 2.7M votes, or 2%.  The electoral split was decided in a few counties.  Are you suggesting that I should have called Collier county residents, and that would have changed their minds?

They had 87% voter turnout:

Trump - 105,297
Clinton - 60,941
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 05:21:16 pm by excontradiction »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2602 on: December 07, 2016, 05:18:04 pm »
I'm amused seeing all the outrage and concern by my liberal friends who during the campaign weren't "excited" about Hillary and didn't lift one finger to get her elected... now all of a sudden its a daily deluge of posts on Facebook expressing concern/outrage/disbelief... WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU THE PAST YEAR? Oh thats right...putting Hillary down.. saying "Oh they're the same..they're both bad..."

I'm actually more ticked off at my liberal friends these days than I am at conservatives..
BUT THEY WEREN'T INSPIRED!! /s

It's the South Park-ization of America: throw the baby out with the bathwater by just poking fun at how imperfect every proposed solution/candidate is while. Meanwhile, propose no alternative and just bitch endlessly when things are shitty as a result.
LVMH

« Reply #2603 on: December 07, 2016, 05:18:40 pm »
donating money..
according to this she raised $700 Mil!
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres16

and money can get boots on the ground and people in the phone banks

So do you think more money would have helped her win

I will say that I'm eating crow in that I thought she should have funneled money to the senate/house
but maybe in the end that might have been money well spent
as 2/3rds of a billion got her NOT elected

slack

hutch

« Reply #2604 on: December 07, 2016, 05:27:34 pm »
donating money..
according to this she raised $700 Mil!
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres16

and money can get boots on the ground and people in the phone banks

So do you think more money would have helped her win

I will say that I'm eating crow in that I thought she should have funneled money to the senate/house
but maybe in the end that might have been money well spent
as 2/3rds of a billion got her NOT elected

Trump didn't need to spend billions because he had free media attention and was on TV all the fuckin' time..when he wasn't getting media attention he would say something everyone thought was insane and he was back on tv 24-7.... yes the money did not get her elected but I'm pretty sure it helped get her more votes than she would have otherwise..

I mean what are you arguing? Liberals put forth their best effort to get Hillary elected? Really???

Really, there is nothing liberals could have done other than vote? How about standing up and saying "I am voting for Hillary and I think she is awesome"

How many did that? Not just a grudging vote.. for you know someone who was a Senator, a Secretary of State, a former First Lady.. someone who knew the job backwards and forwards

Very very few.. most liberals, you know the type.. the guys who vote for Ralph Nader or like Michael Moore or Bernie or whatever hopeless leftist is around... just did not find enough to get behind Hillary.. and that is fine.. but now these people OWN IT... I was very clear months ago on this very thread about wanting to get involved and do something so as to not be left feeling I had not put it all out on the line for Hillary....  so fuck you to all the liberals now suddenly discovering politics.. on my facebook feed i suddenly see all these people who previously had no interest in the election suddenly interested.. sign this petition.. or oh we can't have this person or lets get a recount... or our only hope is the electoral college

give me a fucking break..its OVER.

these same people will push for bernie or warren or some leftist in four years and democrats will lose again..

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #2605 on: December 07, 2016, 05:32:12 pm »
I think rural resentment won the election. Rural people resented their position, and blamed the government. Clinton felt like a continuation of that, and Trump felt like change.

Here's an excerpt from a great article on the topic (though the whole article is worth reading):
http://www.citylab.com/politics/2016/11/the-reality-of-rural-resentment/507659/

"The main things that I heard was this feeling of [rural voters] not getting their fair share of power or attention. They felt like the important decisions, whether in government or industry, were made in cities. And then they had to deal with those decisions, and no one was listening to them or their concerns. It?s partly about resenting that lack of power.

It was also about this feeling of a lack of resources. They feel like they?ve really been getting the short end of the stick with respect to taxation. They felt like they?ve paid in way more taxes than they got back in return. For education, for example, they perceive that the bulk of the money was going to Madison and Milwaukee, and that their community just wasn?t seeing it in return.

And then finally, and this is the one I?m really piecing together these last few days, there?s this feeling of a lack of respect: People in cities look down on us, they think we?re stupid, they think we?re racist, they think we?re voting against our own interests. And I see that in the appeal of Trump so much, using the country vs. city thing to appeal to that resentment. People really resent being looked down on, and they feel like city folks just do not get what rural life is like, or what people value. It?s not all just resenting people of color, and it?s not just resenting urban elites. There is also this general sense that the rest of you out there don?t give a hoot about people like us.

hutch

« Reply #2606 on: December 07, 2016, 05:34:03 pm »
Basically the liberal position was something like ... well I really don't like Hillary but I'll vote for her because Trump is a lunatic...

just not enough... there just wasn't enough FOR Hillary...

of course Hillary bears responsibility but I'm not talking about that specifically.. I"ll have decades to analyze that as the world goes to fuckin' shit for the next 8 years..fuck.fuck fuck fuck..

I'm talking about all the fuckheads on Facebook and everywhere now suddenly freaking out.. about every darn little thing Trump does.. he was elected president on a republican ticket.. what did you expect?

hutch

« Reply #2607 on: December 07, 2016, 05:39:23 pm »
I think rural resentment won the election. Rural people resented their position, and blamed the government. Clinton felt like a continuation of that, and Trump felt like change.

Here's an excerpt from a great article on the topic (though the whole article is worth reading):
http://www.citylab.com/politics/2016/11/the-reality-of-rural-resentment/507659/

"The main things that I heard was this feeling of [rural voters] not getting their fair share of power or attention. They felt like the important decisions, whether in government or industry, were made in cities. And then they had to deal with those decisions, and no one was listening to them or their concerns. It?s partly about resenting that lack of power.

It was also about this feeling of a lack of resources. They feel like they?ve really been getting the short end of the stick with respect to taxation. They felt like they?ve paid in way more taxes than they got back in return. For education, for example, they perceive that the bulk of the money was going to Madison and Milwaukee, and that their community just wasn?t seeing it in return.

And then finally, and this is the one I?m really piecing together these last few days, there?s this feeling of a lack of respect: People in cities look down on us, they think we?re stupid, they think we?re racist, they think we?re voting against our own interests. And I see that in the appeal of Trump so much, using the country vs. city thing to appeal to that resentment. People really resent being looked down on, and they feel like city folks just do not get what rural life is like, or what people value. It?s not all just resenting people of color, and it?s not just resenting urban elites. There is also this general sense that the rest of you out there don?t give a hoot about people like us.

you don't get it.. it wasn't ONE magic thing that won Trump the election or lost it for Hillary.. it was many things.. when an election comes down to about 100,000 votes in three states (WI,MI,PA) it pretty much is everything.. do you want me to list all the reasons I've come up with? I'd rather not if you don't mind..

it is so amusing to see people trying to find that one magic reason.. there wasn't one magic reason. there were many many reasons.. any one of them had it gone different could have made the difference..

I have to say I take issue with the rural bit not in the sense that they may not feel that way but that I just don't give a shit.. I don't have to become a farmer.. and I don't look down on farmers...I don't know many people who do? What kind of a wacked out theory is that? Anyone here spend their time looking down on the rural folk?? Cause I don't.... our government spends a TON on farm subsidies.. what the fuck more do they want??? Oh they're not really racists.. they just voted for a guy who used demagoguery to get in.. you know all mexicans are rapists etc etc....a guy who advertises he grabs women by the pussy... sorry, you don't get to say "Hey I voted for Trump cause I felt like city folk were looking down at me not because of... " I mean really?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #2608 on: December 07, 2016, 05:39:38 pm »
And the circus continues...former CEO of the WWE to head SBA. FFS!

hutch

« Reply #2609 on: December 07, 2016, 05:55:44 pm »
Hillary won the popular vote by 2.7M votes, or 2%.  The electoral split was decided in a few counties.  Are you suggesting that I should have called Collier county residents, and that would have changed their minds?

They had 87% voter turnout:

Trump - 105,297
Clinton - 60,941

so what? Here in Arlington we had huge turnout and Hillary got way more votes than Obama did back in 2012..what does that prove? It is one county..I'm glad I canvassed a bit.. I have no idea if it had any impact or not... She did carry Virginia.. we broke our family bank donating to Hillary.. do I think it helped.. yes i do.. was it enough? Obviously not.

There were plenty of places and opportunities for people to make their mark on this election....I would say that at a very basic level simply being excited about Hillary would have been good... so many liberals just could not get behind her other than because they hated Trump.. now we can say that was her problem too but once she was the nominee .. man, you owed it to yourself to find something to get behind Hillary for.... there was vast disinterest in Hillary from liberals... she wasn't liberal enough, she was a warmonger, she wasn't black.. I could go on

and unfortunately Bernie who I started out liking ended up being a first class prick.. he boxed her in on a few things and she never got out... she should have handled trade differently.. open to debate exactly how...

and even if bernie was a prick in retrospect its pretty clear that not picking him to be VP was a big mistake (I don't buy it he did not want the job).. had she offered him the VP in Feb or early March it could have changed things dramatically..  the kaine pick was a waste.. based on her margin in VA its pretty clear she would have won without him so what did he contribute.. mea culpa on this one as I thought it was a good pick

but the point was... yes its terrible the people getting appointed.. but its too late and why are you even surprised at this point? wtf do you expect... wait til you see what happens to the Supreme Court.. democrats are living in a fantasy world... RBG ain't going to make it 8 years... others aren't going to make it.. they are the liberals.. thanks RBG for not retiring!!!!!.. we could be looking at a 6-3 conservative majority that will last the rest of my life...abortion is in danger.. gay marriage is in danger.. a ton of things are up in the air at this point