Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925371 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2610 on: December 07, 2016, 05:59:53 pm »
I'm amused seeing all the outrage and concern by my liberal friends who during the campaign weren't "excited" about Hillary and didn't lift one finger to get her elected... now all of a sudden its a daily deluge of posts on Facebook expressing concern/outrage/disbelief... WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU THE PAST YEAR? Oh thats right...putting Hillary down.. saying "Oh they're the same..they're both bad..."

I'm actually more ticked off at my liberal friends these days than I am at conservatives..
BUT THEY WEREN'T INSPIRED!! /s

It's the South Park-ization of America: throw the baby out with the bathwater by just poking fun at how imperfect every proposed solution/candidate is while. Meanwhile, propose no alternative and just bitch endlessly when things are shitty as a result.

yeah..that is what is bothering me.. the endless bitching and the shock (either you are an idiot and didn't realize this was what would happen or you knew this would happen and are pretending to be shocked cause hey its what everybody is doing.. sort of the hip flavor of the month.. memes about how dumb Trump is etc)

hutch

« Reply #2611 on: December 07, 2016, 06:06:39 pm »
the more I think of this rural folk felt looked down on explanation the more I think it is stupid...

those people were never going to vote for Hillary....

there are so many better reasons why she lost...

how about James Fuckhead Comey for starters.. you think that didn't influence 100,000 people in PA, MI and WI???

hutch

« Reply #2612 on: December 07, 2016, 06:48:22 pm »
I mean you can look at it many different ways but for me looking at it like the problem is the people who voted for Trump doesn't wash.... he got the lowest percentage of any Republican candidate for pres in a long long time.. he only got like 46%

for me I would look at the people who voted for Stein (all "liberals" and "progressives" and yet?) or the pro pot dude (I think 2-1 his votes were democrats.. I have good reason to think this).... or the people that didn't bother to vote at all that usually vote democrat.. that is where the problem lies..

those fuckin' rural folk?? they always vote that way.. read that book whats the matter with kansas.. there are many reasons.. its not city folk looking down on them... its a lot more than that.. unfortunately bleeding heart liberals just love feeling guilty so its like now WE made the mistake by looking down on them.... that sounds like baloney to me..

Space Freely

« Reply #2613 on: December 07, 2016, 09:35:19 pm »
I mean you can look at it many different ways but for me looking at it like the problem is the people who voted for Trump doesn't wash.... he got the lowest percentage of any Republican candidate for pres in a long long time.. he only got like 46%

for me I would look at the people who voted for Stein (all "liberals" and "progressives" and yet?) or the pro pot dude (I think 2-1 his votes were democrats.. I have good reason to think this).... or the people that didn't bother to vote at all that usually vote democrat.. that is where the problem lies..

those fuckin' rural folk?? they always vote that way.. read that book whats the matter with kansas.. there are many reasons.. its not city folk looking down on them... its a lot more than that.. unfortunately bleeding heart liberals just love feeling guilty so its like now WE made the mistake by looking down on them.... that sounds like baloney to me..

I fault only the Stein voters in the swing states. If you're a Stein voter in NY, CA, DC, MASS, you get a pass...

Are you saying Johnson the Libertarian's votes were 2-1 Democrat, or is he not the pro-pot dude you're referring to?

« Reply #2614 on: December 07, 2016, 09:44:11 pm »
I think rural resentment won the election.

People in cities look down on us, they think we?re stupid, they think we?re racist, they think we?re voting against our own interests. And I see that in the appeal of Trump so much, using the country vs. city thing to appeal to that resentment. People really resent being looked down on, and they feel like city folks just do not get what rural life is like, or what people value. I

There is also this general sense that the rest of you out there don?t give a hoot about people like us.

Well, while that is true (I do look down on the country folk who have no desire to be cosmopolitan) so I could understand why I personally would never get their vote

The rub is...Trump is literately the physical embodiment of that ethos
He's city folk
he's crazy rich
He doesn't really like the common folk and doesn't spend time around them
when was the last photo opp have you seen Trump at a food kitchen helping the downtrodden
I honestly think he spent the last 60 years of his life mocking the very people who voted for him

slack

« Reply #2615 on: December 07, 2016, 09:49:24 pm »
the kaine pick was a waste..
couldn't agree more
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2616 on: December 08, 2016, 09:17:15 am »
I think rural resentment won the election.

People in cities look down on us, they think we?re stupid, they think we?re racist, they think we?re voting against our own interests. And I see that in the appeal of Trump so much, using the country vs. city thing to appeal to that resentment. People really resent being looked down on, and they feel like city folks just do not get what rural life is like, or what people value. I

There is also this general sense that the rest of you out there don?t give a hoot about people like us.

Well, while that is true (I do look down on the country folk who have no desire to be cosmopolitan) so I could understand why I personally would never get their vote

The rub is...Trump is literately the physical embodiment of that ethos
He's city folk
he's crazy rich
He doesn't really like the common folk and doesn't spend time around them
when was the last photo opp have you seen Trump at a food kitchen helping the downtrodden
I honestly think he spent the last 60 years of his life mocking the very people who voted for him

True. But Trump made the rural voters feel like they were being heard. That's how he got their votes.

« Reply #2617 on: December 08, 2016, 02:48:36 pm »

True. But Trump made the rural voters feel like they were being heard. That's how he got their votes.

just made them feel...but he doesn't care and they still don't get it
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #2618 on: December 08, 2016, 03:17:15 pm »
It's like I said from the start

his supporters are the kind of people who are wrong about everything, have no idea what's going on, are mad for no real reason, and aren't interested in learning anything.
oword

Space Freely

« Reply #2619 on: December 10, 2016, 11:16:41 pm »
Exxon CEO for Secretary of State. WTF.

« Reply #2620 on: December 11, 2016, 12:01:03 am »
would your prefer mitt then
slack

hutch

« Reply #2621 on: December 11, 2016, 12:25:33 am »

of course at first look it looks like a big FU to liberals..and I have no doubt that was part of the attraction for Trump.. every pick is designed to emphasize we lost and just how much we lost.... I mean really? The head of Exxon Mobil??

But I was reading about him and I think he looks pretty good actually.. all in all... even was Presidents of the Boy Scouts and helped oversee the transition...

the only red flag is his apparently very close relationship with Putin..makes you wonder if Putin is taking over our country or something? but nobody cares..

overall though, forgetting the Putin thing (can it really be true), its a way better pick than a Romney or a Giuliani or Petraeus ....

Space Freely

« Reply #2622 on: December 11, 2016, 09:58:55 am »

Ok, school me on what's wrong with Mitt? Other than the Mormon thing?

« Reply #2623 on: December 11, 2016, 11:06:41 am »

Ok, school me on what's wrong with Mitt? Other than the Mormon thing?
Originally I put Rudy...but wasn't sure if he was even in the running so changed to mitt

slack

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2624 on: December 12, 2016, 10:15:58 am »
China, flies nuclear bomb capable plane in response to Trump and Taiwan.  Yeah, sounds about right.