Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925457 times)

shemptiness

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2730 on: January 22, 2017, 04:52:28 pm »
Alternative Facts.

Opening for The Reagan Years

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2731 on: January 22, 2017, 06:53:34 pm »

hutch

« Reply #2732 on: January 22, 2017, 07:07:39 pm »
they kind of look like characters from Batman (the bad guys of course)... if only steve bannon had a walking stick

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2733 on: January 22, 2017, 07:42:58 pm »
look at that side eye glare . . . that just screams "you're the type of bitch who guys like my husband are fucking and not me."

K8teebug

« Reply #2734 on: January 23, 2017, 10:36:20 am »
So gross (inside and out).

Who else was there on Saturday? Inspiring crowd of people.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2735 on: January 23, 2017, 11:23:07 am »
our clan was there, including the kiddos.  the inauguration had gotten the missus really depressed, the march really lifted her spirits.

what a crazy crush.  we got nervous on a few occasions, what with having two little ones with us... but everyone was really friendly despite being packed in like sardines.  definitely the biggest crowd i've ever been part of.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2736 on: January 23, 2017, 11:23:57 am »
my guess for oxford's word of the year: "alternate facts."

orwell is smiling right now.
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #2737 on: January 23, 2017, 11:25:48 am »
our clan was there, including the kiddos.  the inauguration had gotten the missus really depressed, the march really lifted her spirits.

what a crazy crush.  we got nervous on a few occasions, what with having two little ones with us... but everyone was really friendly despite being packed in like sardines.  definitely the biggest crowd i've ever been part of.

Thanks for attending!

Same experience. Decided to walk around at 2:45 and ending up getting super stuck. But everyone (except for one person who I really thought was probably a Trump supporter) was really nice.

hutch

« Reply #2738 on: January 23, 2017, 11:40:38 am »
we were in philly area on day of march visiting for my niece's birthday part but driving back to dc driving down on I95 at about 10 pm we must have seen like 500 (it was a shitload!) buses driving north.. obviously the marchers returning... it was insane how many buses there were.. never seen anything like it..you'd see bus bus bus car car bus bus bus bus bus bus bus truck car car car bus bus bus bus bus bus car...

i can't deny it made us feel good and somewhat inspired that people went to such great lengths to attend the march...

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2739 on: January 23, 2017, 12:09:58 pm »
I was there.  Never seen so many people in one place.  Very impressive display.  Hope it doesn't peeter out and this is a sign of things to come for the mid term elections.  Unfortunately, I have my doubts.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2740 on: January 23, 2017, 12:27:38 pm »
Dude by the time midterms roll around we'll go right back to what we do the best . . . not giving a s*** and being annoyed if we have to actually do anything like voting or caring or anything beyond posting something on Facebook or Twitter.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2742 on: January 24, 2017, 12:53:41 pm »
Was there on Saturday. Woke up and started seeing the crowds and felt inspired. I didn't want to deal with the crowds, but we were able to cab right down from Columbia Heights down to Constitution and hit no traffic right around 1. Met up with my sisters and mother. Super super inspiring to see so many people out there and being vocal.

At the end I walked from the white house over to Chinatown to catch the metro, just about every street was shut down due to people walking around. There was a MASSIVE crowd in front of Trump hotel making tons of noise. So awesome.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2744 on: January 24, 2017, 01:17:12 pm »
this administration is going to f*ck up this country and the planet something awful.

Trump gives new life to Dakota Access, Keystone XL oil pipelines 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/01/24/trump-gives-green-light-to-dakota-access-keystone-xl-oil-pipelines/

Scott Pruitt's EPA Confirmation Hearing Was a Surreal Nightmare
http://gizmodo.com/scott-pruitts-epa-confirmation-hearing-was-a-surreal-ni-1791337353

Trump Administration Freezes All EPA Grants, Forbids Staffers From Talking to the Public
http://gizmodo.com/trump-administration-freezes-all-epa-grants-forbids-st-1791548494
<sig>