Author Topic: Paris attacks and Eagles of Death Metal  (Read 49760 times)

Yada

Re: Paris attacks and Eagles of Death Metal
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2015, 02:45:01 pm »
hutch is such a tough guy.

hutch

« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2015, 09:47:00 pm »
how many here remember how they felt in the week after 9/11?  who was ready to rock out that week? 

i certainly wasn't.

dude..this was not 9-11...

I have zero issue with EODM cancelling tour- heck disbanding....

but when you read about bands like U2 cancelling entire European tours? come on now.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2015, 09:55:44 am »
how many here remember how they felt in the week after 9/11?  who was ready to rock out that week? 

i certainly wasn't.

I think it was more impactful to members of EODM than 9/11 was to the average American. By a wide margin.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2015, 10:02:13 am »

i certainly wasn't.

I think it was more impactful to members of EODM than 9/11 was to the average American. By a wide margin.

agreed... and most likely a bit more realistic to happen again and again. Personally, I fear an active shooter (crazy white guy or terrorist) vs. planes flying into a building.

hutch

« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2015, 10:40:42 am »

i certainly wasn't.

obviously... anybody saying EODM should continue touring is insane.
I thought what we were talking about was all the other bands cancelling entire European tours...

If this was not what we were talking about my apologies

walk,on,by

« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2015, 10:42:44 am »
So, were the new shootings in California yesterday, terrorism, or just somebody shooting because that's what we do in this country? It seems that a lot of people are arguing this point, in the media.

Yada

« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2015, 10:46:32 am »
So, were the new shootings in California yesterday, terrorism, or just somebody shooting because that's what we do in this country? It seems that a lot of people are arguing this point, in the media.

Depends on the skin color... this will most likely be terrorism since he was one of them Muslims.

hutch

« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2015, 10:48:41 am »

yes FOX news is frothing at the mouth at the prospect that this could have any link to Daesh..

The facts as we know them seem to indicate a little bit to "satisfy" both sides (ie., it was a mass shooting or it was muslim terrorists)... my point would be that regardless the easy access to guns, assault rifles aint' helping..

at this point i'm calling it a mass shooting by people who happened to be muslim.... but i'm open to revisiting that as we learn more.....

and to me its all terrorism... why do we draw this line as if one is way worse than the other??? 14 people are dead whether it is called terrorism or a mass shooting ain't bringing any of them back to life... Megyn Kelly on FOX last night even said that the consequences if it was terrorism would be far more... (she meant terrorism tied to DAESH)... well she is right but why should that be so???

hutch

« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2015, 10:56:02 am »
pretty sick people though.... to leave a 6 month old baby behind.... and target a place that helps people with developmental disabilities like autism...during a holiday party.

real shits.

Space Freely

« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2015, 11:01:29 am »
pretty sick people though.... to leave a 6 month old baby behind.... and target a place that helps people with developmental disabilities like autism...during a holiday party.

real shits.

Do you think they would have done this if they were secular people? I guess we'll see.

« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2015, 11:03:02 am »
pretty sick people though.... to leave a 6 month old baby behind....
yeah...that fact boggled my mind
although they did go after the staff, not the clients

slack

hutch

« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2015, 11:05:08 am »

real shits.

Do you think they would have done this if they were secular people? I guess we'll see.

oh.. probably not....

« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2015, 11:13:49 am »
slack

Space Freely

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2015, 11:29:23 am »

for france, and by extension a lot of europe, this was exactly like 9/11: a mass-casualty terrorism act hits home.  do you remember that shattered sense of safety you had when the twin towers came down?  a lot of frenchies now feel the same way.  sure, we all know that terrorism exists... but until you feel that you are truly at risk, it's theoretical.  november 13 made it real for them.
<sig>