Author Topic: Paris attacks and Eagles of Death Metal  (Read 49656 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Paris attacks and Eagles of Death Metal
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2015, 01:08:24 pm »
Rachel maddow just reported something crazy
Do tell.

her info was incorrect
Don't ever get a job where recapping things is a requirement.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 02:05:27 pm »

Space Freely

Yada

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 05:52:15 pm »
over/under on this tradgey being the cause of Space's 3rd? 4th? 5th? banning?

ggw

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2015, 06:36:25 pm »
Are you talking about Maddow trying to get one of the survivors to pin responsibility on the club for not having metal detectors and pat downs at the door?

"Are you saying there were no metal detectors at the door?"

"Do you mean to tell me they didn't even pat you down or search you on the way in?!?!"

"So you're saying that the security at the club was non-existent?!?!"
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 06:39:50 pm by ggw »

ggw

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 06:58:27 pm »
over/under on this tradgey being the cause of Space's 3rd? 4th? 5th? banning?

hutch

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 08:44:55 pm »
Are you talking about Maddow trying to get one of the survivors to pin responsibility on the club for not having metal detectors and pat downs at the door?

"Do you mean to tell me they didn't even pat you down or search you on the way in?!?!"

no.. she said a staff producer had talked to someone in the EODM camp and was reporting one band member had died... she then said at the end of the show that it was not so...

stevewizzle

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 09:04:31 pm »

no.. she said a staff producer had talked to someone in the EODM camp and was reporting one band member had died... she then said at the end of the show that it was not so...

it's not a band member, but their merch manager died. very sad news.

on a somewhat related note... media is such scum. last night the NYT, which is a garbage news outlet who thinks they write the news instead of report it, tweeted every five minutes or so the same article. get it? a bunch of people died, and you need to read their article and only their article. NYT has to pay the bills, so lets capitalize on this. whoever is in charge of their social media blitz earned their salary yesterday. maybe i should be directing my frustration towards our new media platforms: instant, sensationalized news via social media.

hutch

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2015, 09:47:57 pm »

on a somewhat related note... media is such scum. last night the NYT, which is a garbage news outlet who thinks they write the news instead of report it, tweeted every five minutes or so the same article. get it? a bunch of people died, and you need to read their article and only their article. NYT has to pay the bills, so lets capitalize on this. whoever is in charge of their social media blitz earned their salary yesterday. maybe i should be directing my frustration towards our new media platforms: instant, sensationalized news via social media.

that is sad...

media is disgusting...and not just on social media....their coverage is so sensationalistic, misleading and simplistic...i'd like to send them to Syria....

walk,on,by

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2015, 12:42:38 am »
This site, is the media.

hutch

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2015, 10:24:51 am »
This site, is the media.

ummm no.. stick to real estate

Relaxer

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2015, 10:31:29 am »

So you hate institutionalized mainstream media and you hate grassroots social media? How do you propose we get information about domestic and international events?
oword

Space Freely

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2015, 11:01:43 am »

stevewizzle

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2015, 04:38:05 pm »

So you hate institutionalized mainstream media and you hate grassroots social media? How do you propose we get information about domestic and international events?

i guess you can read it like that, but really it's the media institutions capitalizing on the social media platforms that bothers me. twitter had to start making money (and making other people money) at some point, right? it can work just fine for certain types of news... sports, elections, pop culture, but it's failing us with politics and it's capitalizing on tragic events. and yeah, i get it, they are just giving the people what they want.

to entertain your question: i have no clue, but we need to not act like ambulance chasers when it comes to tragic events. we've institutionalized our approach (e.g., special coverage and real-time reporting through social media) as each tragic event unfolds with the same questions: who did this? why did they do this? what should we now be afraid of? it's an open declaration that you can have a platform for your radical/extremist/homicidal ideas. you can be heard.

killsaly

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2015, 05:42:50 pm »
France is bombing ISIS targets in Syria.