Author Topic: Donald Trump is a fascist  (Read 12488 times)

Space Freely

Re: Donald Trump is a fascist
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2015, 09:45:50 pm »
Rhett James Charlie Ford Freely is a racist who mocks the disabled and...wait for it... so is trump.

Here's someone who can see making the (very valid) Harris/Trump comparison: http://youtu.be/IPMSwKbY5ms
And here's Noam Chomsky dismissing Sam Harris the way racists like him deserve to be dismissed.
OK I'm done derailing this thread.

I won't.
They are.
Remember that one time he posted here that Sam Harris would make for a good president?
Here's this.

The "New Atheists" have been preaching the rhetoric you've been hearing from Trump for the last couple weeks since the Iraq war if not longer.

I will resist urge to point out that James Ford and Donald Trump seem like two peas in a pod...

I'm sorry if you're too blind to see the difference between Sam Harris and Donald Trump.

That's kind of like saying Glen Greenwald is part of ISIS just because he's an Islamic apologist.

There's plenty of space in between a nutjob like Donald Trump and a nutjob like Glen Greenwald, and I think Sam Harris (and I) inhabit that space.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2014/12/05/vicious-and-misleading-atheist-bashing/

http://www.gspellchecker.com/2015/02/luke-savage-doubles-down-on-dishonest-hackery-lukewsavage/

And you're a bigot for lumping everyone together as a "racist" who doesn't fit your narrow vision of the world. See Sidehatch's spirited rant above, which very well synthesizes and states everything I feel.

Instead of simply shrugging off anyone who doesn't agree with your views as a "racist" why don't you share with us your reaction to Sidehatch's comments??? Do you find the results of the Pew Forum study at all troubling?

Space Freely

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2015, 10:00:10 pm »
OK I'm done derailing this thread.
not even close,
the thread was looking for derailment I think it's important to get ALL the opinions out there, like em or not
I'm not defending Spaett Ford-frelly, but don't recall disabled being on his shit-list

Yeah, not sure where he's coming from with that one. Hard to understand his personal animosity toward me.

stevewizzle

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2015, 10:17:54 pm »
i know exactly what azag is referring to and it's unquestionably mocking a very specific disability.

and to top it off, SF is now pretending he has "no idea where he's coming from with that one".

and pointing this out just depresses me.

Space Freely

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 10:42:51 pm »
i know exactly what azag is referring to and it's unquestionably mocking a very specific disability.

and to top it off, SF is now pretending he has "no idea where he's coming from with that one".

and pointing this out just depresses me.

Wow, talking about attempting to derail a thread.

I meant exactly what I said. Anybody who had read anything by Sam Harris (and I mean actually read what SAm Harris wrote, not just read what REza or Greenwald or Chomsky or some young politically correct idiot in Salon or whatever wrote), and would conflate what SAm says with what the Trump says, must be pretty blind in their narrow vision of how they see the world.

I haven't listened to Sam's thoughts yet on Trump, but read an interview where he refers to Carson as a "moron". Given that Trump spouts much of the same nonsense as Carson, I can't imagine Harris has a high view of Trump. So again, I think this is a case of azag blindly sweeping anybody he doesn't agree with into his little "racist" dustpan.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:44:29 pm by Space Freely »

walk,on,by

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2015, 12:33:55 am »
I'm on my phone, or I would post a drag queen gif, going, "gurrl."

killsaly

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2015, 12:51:14 am »
/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:55:12 am by killsaly »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2015, 07:09:24 am »
And this concludes this years forum production of a thanksgiving fest gone awry.  Please return your seats to their upright positions and continue  discussing beer, noise shows and now much fun Twangirl's English Beat DJ set was...  and don't forget to tip your bartenders...
T.Rex