Author Topic: In general, how was your 2015?  (Read 9525 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: In general, how was your 2015?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 04:25:30 pm »
There was a period of time where I wanted to get a vasectomy and not tell my wife, and then convince her that we should have a 3rd kid so that I'd get like six months of constant lovin' without fear of further ruining my life.
What was your plan when/if she wanted to go to a fertility to clinic to see why you guys were having trouble conceiving?
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 04:32:05 pm »
"Honey, did I ever tell you that I served in Vietnam?"
oword

bearman🐻

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 04:38:07 pm »
Not as good as some years, but probably better than most. But for a lot of people I know, 2015 was one of the worst years they've had in a long, long time.

walk,on,by

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 05:10:56 pm »
relaxer, i want to know more about this fight you got going with a work higher up.

my year, was up and down.  great job, great partner, great friends.

but, I flipped and totaled my vehicle in the national forest when a full size bear was right there in the road.  I came within second or inches of dying, for real.  the police and paramedics who pulled me out the vehicle through the windshield after I was knocked unconscious for over 30 minutes, told me . . . dude, you got 9 lives, because you should be dead right here right now.  I will never be the same mentally after that, for it changed my perspectives on life in general.  Plus I loved that vehicle.

I did finish my first novel of fiction this year, and now I am in the throws of rewriting it for final prep to be hopefully published in 2016. 

I won't complain . . . but it would have been nice to see more shows this year.  totally slacked on that department.  Did not even see phish this year.

Space Freely

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 05:14:58 pm »
There was a period of time where I wanted to get a vasectomy and not tell my wife, and then convince her that we should have a 3rd kid so that I'd get like six months of constant lovin' without fear of further ruining my life.

Offer to do more housework. My wife tells me all the time she's be up for boning daily if I did my share of the housework.

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 05:18:03 pm »
I did finish my first novel of erotica this year, and now I am in the throws of rewriting it for final prep to be hopefully published in 2016. 
Fixed that for you.
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 05:19:20 pm »
there, is some of that, in there.  not much.  im fascinated how sex, controls one, mentally. 

Yada

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2015, 05:23:22 pm »
relaxer, i want to know more about this fight you got going with a work higher up.

my year, was up and down.  great job, great partner, great friends.

but, I flipped and totaled my vehicle in the national forest when a full size bear was right there in the road.  I came within second or inches of dying, for real.  the police and paramedics who pulled me out the vehicle through the windshield after I was knocked unconscious for over 30 minutes, told me . . . dude, you got 9 lives, because you should be dead right here right now.  I will never be the same mentally after that, for it changed my perspectives on life in general.  Plus I loved that vehicle.

I did finish my first novel of fiction this year, and now I am in the throws of rewriting it for final prep to be hopefully published in 2016. 

I won't complain . . . but it would have been nice to see more shows this year.  totally slacked on that department.  Did not even see phish this year.

how does one nearly....,die... and not let the board know this?

walk,on,by

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2015, 05:32:51 pm »
I don't trust a lot of people . . . but im working on that.  I would never share my personal life on a site full of strangers, but as I said, my views of what is perceived as reality has changed, so now I don't mind posting my photos on here, telling people what I do for a living, giving some internal insight into my levels of thinking.

plus, im trying to forget the accident.  and if I ever see that bear again, im knocking him the fuck out.

Yada

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2015, 05:34:22 pm »
I don't trust a lot of people . . . but im working on that.  I would never share my personal life on a site full of strangers, but as I said, my views of what is perceived as reality has changed, so now I don't mind posting my photos on here, telling people what I do for a living, giving some internal insight into my levels of thinking.

plus, im trying to forget the accident.  and if I ever see that bear again, im knocking him the fuck out.

Interesting,,, indeed.

Relaxer

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 05:43:03 pm »

Offer to do more housework. My wife tells me all the time she's be up for boning daily if I did my share of the housework.

I already own: groceries; bills; laundry, school lunches; all get-ready-for-school activities including getting kiddies up and dressed, having breakfast, and pooping; 75% of dog-walking; 50% of dish-washing; 25% of dinner preparation; and oh yeah, I make the money, provide us insurance, pay the taxes, and manage our rental properties.

My wife owns: school pick-up, gifts, travel plans, 75% of dinner preparation, 50% of dish-washing, 25% of dog-walking, and there might be a couple more but I can't remember them. Bottom line is (and we both acknowledge this) I do the majority of the housework.

Me: [looks down onto lap] Ready for some bonin' buddy?
Dong: lol, yeah right, zzzzzzzzzz
Me: [sigh]
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2015, 05:44:49 pm »
Walkonby, I can't get into the whole work drama thing here. I've been vocal about where I work, and even the slimmest possibility of this person reading my thoughts on it would be very very bad.
oword

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2015, 05:46:07 pm »
Walkonby, I can't get into the whole work drama thing here. I've been vocal about where I work, and even the slimmest possibility of this person reading my thoughts on it would be very very bad.
It's Ira Glass, isn't it!?

*awaits Relaxer reflexively going on about the difference between programming on NPR member stations and NPR itself*
LVMH

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2015, 05:47:52 pm »
I remember the good old days when they didn't use such judgmental terms as "erectile dysfunction," and called it something more playful like "sleepy peepee."

But seriously, there's a pill for that.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2015, 05:52:49 pm »

I already own: groceries; bills; laundry, school lunches; all get-ready-for-school activities including getting kiddies up and dressed, having breakfast, and pooping; 75% of dog-walking; 50% of dish-washing; 25% of dinner preparation; and oh yeah, I make the money, provide us insurance, pay the taxes, and manage our rental properties.

My wife owns: school pick-up, gifts, travel plans, 75% of dinner preparation, 50% of dish-washing, 25% of dog-walking, and there might be a couple more but I can't remember them. Bottom line is (and we both acknowledge this) I do the majority of the housework.

Sorry brah... now I know why you're on the drugs.