Author Topic: The LCD Soundsystem "Not a Reunion" Thread  (Read 15053 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
The LCD Soundsystem "Not a Reunion" Thread
« on: January 05, 2016, 02:35:35 pm »
in other, more pedantic news: we?re not just playing coachella. we?re playing all over. we?re not just having some reunion tour. we?re releasing a record (sometime this year?still working on it, actually), so this isn?t a victory lap or anything, which wouldn?t be of much interest to us. this is just the bus full of substitute teachers back from their coffee break with new music and the same weird gear?or as much of it as we still have (it?s very interesting to re-buy the same gear, and in some cases buy gear BACK from people you sold it to), and rambling around trying to be louder than everyone else. thank fuck we were never skinny and young. or at least i wasn?t. that always happens with bands? they aren?t fat when they come back, typically, just, i don?t know, thicker. i was lucky to start this band kind of fat and old, so there?s no, like ?look how YOUNG they were!? shit to even find on the internet. i mean, we were younger and everything, but we weren?t young, if you know what i mean.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The LCD Soundsystem "Not a Reunion" Thread
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 02:38:09 pm »
I will be at this with bells on. The show with Yacht at 9:30 Club in support of the second record was such a fun day.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 02:44:00 pm »
"not a cash grab" thread

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 02:51:16 pm »
I debated posting in the "2016 Albums" thread, but this seemed to be bigger than that.

hutch

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 03:21:46 pm »
the cash grab was when they said they were done...

walk,on,by

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 03:50:07 pm »
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I feel the hipsters, who made this band who they are, have moved on, and their new album will suck.

K8teebug

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 04:03:23 pm »
I am so so excited to be at a show where people dance again. This band is so fun and I can't wait.

hutch

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 04:06:54 pm »
this is what all bands should be doing/.. towards the end of a tour announce they are retiring...massive retirement shows (Madison Square Garden+5 shows at Terminal 5.. crazy ticket prices... retirement DVD etc....then lie as low as you can (a movie soundtrack, some dj work nobody cares about) then wait 3 years and then put out an album and tour again... then announce they are retiring...

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 04:11:22 pm »
The Who and the Rolling Stones survived on that for years decades....
27>34

hutch

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 04:14:10 pm »
The Who and the Rolling Stones survived on that for years decades....

the Stones have NEVER ever retired..

get your facts straight buddy.

vansmack

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 04:22:27 pm »

Sorry Hutch, but I was in attendance for this show:

...solely because Mick Jagger didn't want to tour again, apparently had his mind changed and rumors were rampant that it was to be the last Rolling Stones Tour ever.  I'm quite certain that if my folks didn't believe it to be the last tour, they would not have taken me.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 04:30:57 pm »

Sorry Hutch, but I was in attendance for this show:

...solely because Mick Jagger didn't want to tour again, apparently had his mind changed and rumors were rampant that it was to be the last Rolling Stones Tour ever.  I'm quite certain that if my folks didn't believe it to be the last tour, they would not have taken me.

sorry but they never retired... they never even broke up....they have been consistent.. to this day they have never played a final show...

not sure what your parents thought means???  are they mick's butlers or something?

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 04:31:00 pm »
this is what all bands should be doing/.. towards the end of a tour announce they are retiring...massive retirement shows (Madison Square Garden+5 shows at Terminal 5.. crazy ticket prices... retirement DVD etc....then lie as low as you can (a movie soundtrack, some dj work nobody cares about) then wait 3 years and then put out an album and tour again... then announce they are retiring...
Strangely, "Warped Tour" bands understand this innately.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 04:32:17 pm »
I will be at this with bells on. The show with Yacht at 9:30 Club in support of the second record was such a fun day.

it was also really, really LOUD.
<sig>