Author Topic: The LCD Soundsystem "Not a Reunion" Thread  (Read 15047 times)

hutch

Re: The LCD Soundsystem "Not a Reunion" Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 09:45:33 am »
oh I like their music...was a great show at Virgin Fest! in my top 10 ever.

but I don't think they changed their mind.. I think this was the plan all along...

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 09:52:00 am »
People un-retire all the time. Not just musicians and sports stars who are making potentially millions. Normal people. My Dad un-retired. Not because he needed money, because he was bored and missed doing what he was doing. I guess if an asshole wants to impugn bad motives to people, there's no way to dissuade them from believing that but there are literally 8 million reasons why James Murphy might have reformed the band. I don't know why. I would be highly suspect of assholes living in poorly kept-up 927 sq ft houses with children who have flies coming off them claiming absolute knowledge of why they are.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2016, 09:54:44 am »
People un-retire all the time. Not just musicians and sports stars who are making potentially millions. Normal people. My Dad un-retired. Not because he needed money, because he was bored and missed doing what he was doing. I guess if an asshole wants to impugn bad motives to people, there's no way to dissuade them from believing that but there are literally 8 million reasons why James Murphy might have reformed the band. I don't know why. I would be highly suspect of assholes living in poorly kept-up 927 sq ft houses with children who have flies coming off them claiming absolute knowledge of why they are.

this type of stuff used to make me angry.. now it just makes me sad for you...

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2016, 10:03:57 am »
You're the one shitting on people you've never met and claiming some sort of absolute credulity over your opinion on why they're doing what they're doing. When you act cool, I treat you cool. Always have. When you're an asshole or a suck up, I treat you like a suck up asshole. Always have. I'm nothing if not completely fair.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 10:10:18 am »
You're the one shitting on people you've never met and claiming some sort of absolute credulity over your opinion on why they're doing what they're doing. When you act cool, I treat you cool. Always have. When you're an asshole or a suck up, I treat you like a suck up asshole. Always have. I'm nothing if not completely fair.

yawn..

I'm off to my acupuncture appointment...

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2016, 10:18:21 am »
Both LCDSS and Sleater-Kinney have retired/gone on hiatus and reunited during Fugazi's hiatus (since 2003). Any others?
😐 🎶

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2016, 10:22:36 am »
Both LCDSS and Sleater-Kinney have retired/gone on hiatus and reunited during Fugazi's hiatus (since 2003). Any others?
Death From Above 1979, Blink-182, Dismemberment Plan.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 10:24:41 am by Carlos Spicyweiner, a Julian®©? BRAND »
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2016, 10:33:35 am »
The hiatus/break-up? that bums me out the most is Comets on Fire. Their records were getting increasingly greater and greater and they put on an outrageous shows and then POOF, they were gone. Miss them so much.
oword

moeszyslak

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2016, 11:07:24 am »
Death From Above 1979, Blink-182, Dismemberment Plan.
Blur and Jane's Addiction both toured in the early 2000's with replacement members, then fully reunited in the late 2000's

Relaxer

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2016, 11:22:04 am »
Well, Jane's Addiction didn't fully reunite, as Eric Avery (who is the heart of that band) didn't rejoin and they've continued to have a revolving case in that spot since the early 90s. Just sayin'.
oword

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2016, 11:54:38 am »
Well, Jane's Addiction didn't fully reunite, as Eric Avery (who is the heart of that band) didn't rejoin and they've continued to have a revolving case in that spot since the early 90s. Just sayin'.
not totally true

Avery played in Jane's Addiction initially from the beginning in 1985 to its first end 1991, and rejoined the group in 2008 before departing again in 2010.
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2016, 12:01:34 pm »
Oh, well how about that, I thought he quit in 91 and then never came back. I've learned something today. (that Sidehatch is a JERK)
oword

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2016, 12:03:48 pm »
(that Sidehatch is a JERK)
hmmm...blame the internet, I'm just the messenger
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2016, 12:15:23 pm »
The hiatus/break-up? that bums me out the most is Comets on Fire. Their records were getting increasingly greater and greater and they put on an outrageous shows and then POOF, they were gone. Miss them so much.

Its like they tried to touch the sun.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2016, 12:15:50 pm »
avery was part of the 2009 NINJA tour.
<sig>