Author Topic: GWARbq 2: The Discussion Thread  (Read 12255 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
GWARbq 2: The Discussion Thread
« on: February 08, 2016, 01:24:49 pm »
Dead and Co
6/23
Lube

AKA GWARbq II:  Julian Goes Up In Smoke
Actually...I like this idea even more
Nah, I don't think I'm interested in that. I have a compelling GwarBQ 2 idea, I think.

I feel like we're getting confused about what the essence of the GWARbq events really are.  Looking back at year 1, it seems the following tenets were developed:

1) The board is commissioning a concert review from an unlikely attendee.
2) While the board cannot compel Julian to attend a specific show, Julian's interest or comfort is not taken into consideration.
3) Shenanigans are encouraged.
4) The payoff is the ironic schadenfreude of seeing Julian attending a concert with a crowd that he has previously spewed his hatred upon.
5) Said heroic journey leads to the transformation and/or demise of said hero.

I think Year 1 was a spectacular success in all regards, and I'm skeptical of Julian taking a leadership role in the planning of Year 2.  The whole point is that we  set him off on a seemingly dubious quest, not of his own choosing.

vansmack

Re: GWARbq 2: The Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 01:28:31 pm »
Investments like this continue to have my support.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 01:29:23 pm »
I see what you're saying but there is some balance between the "uh, I don't actually HAVE to do any of this" and also it needs to be something I'm uncomfortable doing. Just attending a bad concert isn't funny in and of its own. I'm not agreeing to a repeat performance if its just the same thing: I need to have some motivation that what is planned can actually top year one from a comedy standpoint. I think I have some ideas on how to do that.
LVMH

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 01:38:31 pm »
I think you should tailgate with this baby

So do you think we could raise the funds for this?
It's only $150k...free shipping and comes with *One-year supply of Bulleit Bourbon and Bulleit Rye not to exceed four cases of each
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 02:17:35 pm by Sidehatch ★ |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ❄️ »
slack

bob72

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 01:41:05 pm »
I need to have some motivation that what is planned can actually top year one from a comedy standpoint.
being the new guy I have no idea what this is all about but I think I get the gist. Might I suggest...

1. Start a go fund me to raise $300 bucks to attend the Smashing Pumpkins concert.
2. In the Q & A Session proceed to ask Billy Corgan inappropriate questions regarding his romantic relationship with Courtney Love.
PENIS

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 02:21:52 pm »
^bob, like the way you think, but going in we already know he likes the pumpkins...so the comedy element would be limited

GWARbq is also in Julian's geographic area

But if we could get the funds to send him to Ohio on July...this would be pure comedy
slack

killsaly

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 02:48:57 pm »
But if we could get the funds to send him to Ohio on July...
I cant wait for the infomercial to come out for it...

One of these years I will go to the Gathering.  Mainly because of the infomercials and this documentary:
https://vimeo.com/29589320

It seems like an absolutely fascinating experience.

Relaxer

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 03:01:43 pm »
Gathering of the Juggalos is what immediately leapt to my mind.
oword

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 03:06:18 pm »
I am on the record that I will not do Gathering of the Juggalos, and that was before I was aware it had moved to fucking Ohio.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 03:09:21 pm »
While I don't think Julian is nearly sexist enough to maximize a Lillith Faire type of gathering, I would assume that many of the patrons would be sufficiently ample to raise his ire. But I'm anti-fat-shame so i withdraw the suggestion.
oword

killsaly

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 03:09:58 pm »
Julian and friends sounds like a good enough premise to roll with for the next GwarBQ.

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 03:11:51 pm »
Julian and friends sounds like a good enough premise to roll with for the next GwarBQ.
I really don't want to throw names out there before it's confirm that they'll do it but I am extremely confident I can get two retired Hall of Fame Boardies to attend this with me all of us in Derby wear  with the drunkenness taken to a whole Nother level.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 03:12:25 pm »
And like I previously stated, I am probably down.

bob72

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 03:15:53 pm »
Gathering of the Juggalos is what immediately leapt to my mind.
OK, because I'm an old fart I had to google exactly what this was and I think I would fear for my life.

But, at the same time I'm not sure that I could take something seriously when the following is noted:
Common characteristics of identifying a member of the Juggalo subculture are as follows:
Drinking and spraying the inexpensive soft drink Faygo

and

Several celebrities and other well known figures have identified themselves as Juggalos. These include... Vanilla Ice
PENIS

Space Freely

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 03:20:49 pm »
^bob, like the way you think, but going in we already know he likes the pumpkins...so the comedy element would be limited

GWARbq is also in Julian's geographic area

But if we could get the funds to send him to Ohio on July...this would be pure comedy

You could send one of us who don't like Smashing Pumpkins